Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 904 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

pauliander
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Peter, great thread!

Is there any news on smaller B&O wisa speakers such as for instance a Wisa beolab 3 or a Wisa center speaker?

Placing the beolab 17 as rear surround speakers in our living room is a no go for my wife...
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

HI pauliander, and thank you.

We can hopefully expect a larger range of WiSA compatible active speakers from Bang & Olufsen.
But at present I have not heard of such an initiative. Personally, I have requested one WiSA center
speaker designed to fit naturally under LG's C9 panels.

pauliander
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member
A very good idea that Wisa center speaker. It seems to me a gap in B&O’s range of Wisa of speakers.

Do you think that the LG usb dongle will suffice or will we still need a proper Wisa receiver? In other words is there a need that B&O develops a Wisa beosystem 5?
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, I think the WiSA usb dongle will be enough with LG's 2019 OLED TV, it's proven, see picture at the end of page 40.
Now, LG's 2019 OLED TV is coming out. Then there will soon be someone testing the WiSA usb dongle connected to
LG's 2019 OLED TV. We need some patience.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

Update from tomsguide.com - Click here.

Note this section:

Smart home interaction is vastly improved, with support for all manner of smart home devices.
LG has teamed up with the Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), so you'll be able to control
all of your smart stuff — lightbulbs, door locks, smart washers and dryers, and more.
Anything that uses OCF's certification standard can be connected to the TV and controlled
from the comfort of your couch. - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

Here is the user interface for controlling eg. OCF-compatible devices on LG TV:

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

May 2009 I bought BeoVision 7-40 Full HD, mk III. which also works fine today. I'm happy with that, because this
gives me good opportunity to follow the development of LG's TV, which will be my next TV. Here my setup today.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

LG OLED C9 TV

Model C9 belongs to the lineup of OLED TVs LG 2019 and is the successor to last year's model C8 .  The main
differences between C9 and C8 are: the ports of the latest HDMI 2.1 standard, an upgraded video processor, an
updated webOS 4.5 platform with artificial intelligence functions, support for wireless multichannel WiSA sound,
and improved gaming performance due to VRR support (similar to Freesync). The design of the model largely
repeats last year’s, albeit with some changes.

The C9 model is available in three screen diagonal versions: 55, 65 and 77 inches (model designations for the
market are LG OLED55C9PLA, OLED65C9PLA and OLED77C9PLA).

HDMI 2.1
The newest HDMI 2.1 interface used in C9 provides many times more bandwidth than HDMI 2.0 (48 Gbit / s
versus 18 Gbit / s), which will allow displayingthe image in a higher resolution.  In particular, there was support
for 4K / 120 Hz mode.  In addition, HDMI 2.1 brought support for the Variable Refresh Ratefeature, which is
analogous to the AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync synchronization technologies, and Dynamic HDR will allow
for enhanced dynamic range (HDR) performance at a frame-by-frame level, which should further improve the image
quality on compatible monitors or tvs.  Also, the HDMI 2.1 standard includes Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
technology, which automatically determines the optimal delay time for the smoothest frame rate. Inaddition, HDMI
2.1 provides a number of other useful features, including HDMI eARC, thereby providing lossless output and
transmission of audio through the HDMI eARC port. The LG C9 TV with support for the new High Definition
Multimedia Interface 2.1 is backward compatible with the peripherals of the previous version of the standard 2.0,
and also uses the familiar connectors.  However, to connect external devices with HDMI 2.1, you need to acquire
new cables marked Ultra High Speed ​​HDMI. 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
658 Posts
Silver Member

Peter Pan:

Yes, I think the WiSA usb dongle will be enough with LG's 2019 OLED TV

Sure it will work like a charm behind a solid sheet of metal (The TV chassis),- not!

Then again who cares? If you cant cope with a simple wire for a speaker you truly deserve every single problem you will encounter! 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

@ BEOVOX141

Let me google for you.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

@BEOVOX141

You know, Peter Pan has always been an advocate for very simple setups.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

Magic Remote
An important advantage is the acquisition of the C9 model with the Magic Remote , which greatly improves
the ease of operation of the TV.  The main features of the LG Magic Remote are, of course, the cursor that
moves around the TV screen when you move the remote in space (a gyro is built into the remote).  In this
case, the remote does not necessarily have to be sent to the TV.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

Magic Remote
An important advantage is the acquisition of the C9 model with the Magic Remote , which greatly improves
the ease of operation of the TV.  The main features of the LG Magic Remote are, of course, the cursor that
moves around the TV screen when you move the remote in space (a gyro is built into the remote).  In this
case, the remote does not necessarily have to be sent to the TV.

For people who are wondering, the Eclipse has this functionality implemented in the B&O app. Just go to the third screen and there is a virtual trackpad. The left part control the cursor. You move it over the TV screen and with a light tap you select the option. The rightmost part is used for scrolling.

Enjoy,

Jean

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,736 Posts
Bronze Member

Interesting Jean.
What will then be easiest to use. B&O App or Magic Remote. Have an opinion about it.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

Interesting Jean.
What will then be easiest to use. B&O App or Magic Remote. Have an opinion about it.

Very simple: within the B&O environment, the B&O app. It can be used side by side with the Beoremote One. To my knowledge, the Magic Remote doesn't work with the Eclipse.

For a system based on a stock LG TV, obviously the Magic Remote!

For ease of use, that depends of your preferences. The virtual trackpad works like that of a computer. The magic remote works like a Wii controller. One of my relatives has a LG TV (not OLED) and use it.

Jean

Page 41 of 61 (905 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL