Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 777 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member

@ BEOVOX141 - 

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,040 Posts
Bronze Member

Instead of reading what some journalist has quickly written, one might read this from those in knowing:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181211005384/en/Summit-Wireless-Announces-Global-Collaboration-LG-Electronics

‘....flagship UHD LCD TVs WiSA Ready™ and compatible with WiSA USB Transmitters

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,270 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

LG gives first look at upcoming 2019 flagship TVs with built-in WiSA Hi-Fi wireless audio support -

Click here .

Thanks for the link. I liked the way the author of the article gave mention to “the audio protocol you’ve never heard of another chance for success”

Can’t wait to see more WiSA products in the future
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,418 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Dec 14 2018 12:47 AM

Aussie Michael:
Peter Pan:

LG gives first look at upcoming 2019 flagship TVs with built-in WiSA Hi-Fi wireless audio support -

Click here .

Thanks for the link. I liked the way the author of the article gave mention to “the audio protocol you’ve never heard of another chance for success”

Can’t wait to see more WiSA products in the future

I suspect that LGs adoption of WISA will do a lot more to push it into the public eye and make it successful than B&O ever could have.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,270 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff:

I suspect that LGs adoption of WISA will do a lot more to push it into the public eye and make it successful than B&O ever could have.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

I think so too
Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
746 Posts
Gold Member

It's a nice idea and maybe ideal for some, but the difference between wired and wisa bl50/90's is, to me, instantly noticeable. If B&O won't do a soundbar for wired connection they'll at the very minimum have to make a decent center speaker for this setup or be willing to sell bl17's as singles for the time being. Seems like LG is beating B&O at it's own game lately. 

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
632 Posts
Bronze Member
Anyone has insights whether LG will have a center speaker included and i can then use beolabs with LG in 3.0, 3.1, 5.1 and 7.2 setups if i have the respective wisa speakers.

Any rumors on new b&o wisa speakers?

Besides more channel, any experience how sound quality and latency compares in a 2.0 setup with wisa vs bluetooth or wifi?

Any other tv makers supporting the wisa usb stick?
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member

History - Click here.

Exciting what it will end with.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,040 Posts
Bronze Member

Interesting how the industry and especially Dolby Laboratories has managed to convince people to buy their technology as something special.for the home.

It is as if a soundbar and a sub (wired or wirelees) in a 5.1.2 combination could deliever the same amazing sound experience as a cinema Atmos setup or even as a fullblown Atmos/Home setup..

I am still to hear an Atmos soundbar that comes near what you may experience from a decent (B&O) 5.1/7.1 traditional multi channel setup.

If people - for convenience - want or need a soundbar, it is okay (even more than that).

But believing that it is so much better just because of an Atmos certification (that really shuffles money in the Dolby organisation) is a fallacy.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Millemissen

The biggest mistake is that Bang & Olufsen has abandoned television production.
It allows room for other comparable products. That's the way it is.

There is a tv - and there is a BV. from LG.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,040 Posts
Bronze Member

Dolby Atmos is an audio feature, not a video feature - you don’t nescessarily need a B&O tv for that.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member

When nothing really happened after 2017, it may be because LG found out of somsing  happened. HDMI 2.1
eARC technology in 2019/2020 provides new possibilities, such as eARC technology make sure it all can talk
together via the RX Sil9437 chip on the player page, and the TX Sil9438 chip on the TV. With they found eARC
will transmit the full bandwidth for 8 channels with 24-bit in uncompressed 192 khz audio, or control lip sync,
and more. But If not willgo back in regular ARC transmission.

So that there is finally the opportunity to provide a much better sound experience, to us with an interest in good
sound. Then we can think what we want about Dolby Atmos sound. A few years ago, 3D sold the products.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,570 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Interesting how the industry and especially Dolby Laboratories has managed to convince people to buy their technology as something special.for the home.

It is as if a soundbar and a sub (wired or wirelees) in a 5.1.2 combination could deliever the same amazing sound experience as a cinema Atmos setup or even as a fullblown Atmos/Home setup..

I am still to hear an Atmos soundbar that comes near what you may experience from a decent (B&O) 5.1/7.1 traditional multi channel setup.

If people - for convenience - want or need a soundbar, it is okay (even more than that).

But believing that it is so much better just because of an Atmos certification (that really shuffles money in the Dolby organisation) is a fallacy.

MM

Elsewhere on this board others, maybe even yourself, try to make exactly the opposite case telling us why the edge is a great and worthy speaker and that not everyone needs or appreciates true stereo pairs with real separation.

It is exactly the same here - Not everyone wants 7 speakers and 2 subs in their living room - in fact, in a living room it is faintly ridiculous and is more suited to those with dedicated cinema rooms.

As always it's horses for courses. I think wisa in the LG might not make a huge difference because of the above. Far better a decent soundbar for the masses where in fact wisa doesnt help or contribute anything.

Ban boring signatures!

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,641 Posts
Bronze Member

Download Click here.

The above speakers are passive. If B & O comes with active alternatives, time must show. Yes - thumbs up

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,570 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sat, Dec 15 2018 10:34 AM

Peter Pan:

Download Click here.

The above speakers are passive. If B & O comes with active alternatives, time must show. Yes - thumbs up

If people don't want multiple speakers in their living room then making them wireless is only a small and possibly irrelevant inducement however making them look monstrous is certainly a deal breaker!

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,040 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Elsewhere on this board others, maybe even yourself, try to make exactly the opposite case telling us why the edge is a great and worthy speaker and that not everyone needs or appreciates true stereo pairs with real separation.

It is exactly the same here - Not everyone wants 7 speakers and 2 subs in their living room - in fact, in a living room it is faintly ridiculous and is more suited to those with dedicated cinema rooms.

As always it's horses for courses. I think wisa in the LG might not make a huge difference because of the above. Far better a decent soundbar for the masses where in fact wisa doesnt help or contribute anything.

Dolby Atmos is a proprietary way of achieving a spacial effect with sound.

Dolby has managed to influence everyone from the content makers and the distributors to the hardware makers and the costumers.

Hardly anyone speaks of DTS:X or Auro-3D.....

The Dolby guys are clever!

What the Edge (in True360 omnidirectional mode) does, is another way of creating a spacial sound effect, a room filling effect.

It can be used in some cases - in fact in many cases, where a ‘money seated’ listening position is not possible or wished for.

It can be a convienient way of listening to music....in rooms where you move around a lot.

2 channel/aka stereo is the classical way of creating a spacial effect with music.

The drawback is that you must sit in the right position and the room will a big role in order to achieve this effect.

In my opinion Dolby Atmos from a 5.1.2 soundbar is marketing bloat.....they are trying to tell people, that they will get a real Atmos experience.

A soundbar is one good way of improving the sound experience from a modern tv - especially those based on a 3.0/3.1 principle.

I am sure sound from a soundbar can be improved in many, different ways - think of the Yamaha YSP soundbars, the AMBEO 3D technology/Sennheiser or the Yarra 3D (which did not reach production) and more/more to come........all using some kind of DSP processing.

And WiSA can be a convenient way of connecting a soundbar to a tv - no cables apart from the powercord.....no more no less!

Page 4 of 52 (778 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL