Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 464 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen

12 posts on my thread, without understanding anything, that's so well done. Stick out tongue

Read the two links above.

By 2019, LG will send all nine TV versioner on the market with built-in WiSA.
TV also has built-in decoding for Dolby ATMOS and DTS X. It will be products
like their OLED TV and flagship models within LCD TV.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
174 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

We saw this in the beginning of 2018

WiSA Wireless Audio Tx Dongle - Download PDF fil. - Here.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,295 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 6:47 PM

poodleboy:

Big Smile

How do you say catfight in Danish?

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

From recordere.dk

Google translation.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,701 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff:

Big Smile

How do you say catfight in Danish?

Peter Pan is not a *** - he is a stubborn old tomcat.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

Idea   Yes - thumbs up

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,245 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael:

When even B&O users can get along with much less: I’d say those are looking for a way forward since B&O has so obviously cut down on the TV area. Fired the developers years ago now and the TV in tandem with LG seems to be the last one according to dealers around the globe. What options are there?

If their future is one of no TVs, then what precisely is their USP? They’ll kind of engineer their way out of business.

I buy a Beovision, then buy Beolabs to go with it. I then buy Beoplay as it integrates well with everything else. Take away the Beovision and they’ll end up just another speaker manufacturer amongst many.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Howzit
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member
Howzit replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 6:53 AM
I hard wire everything, not trying to add more wireless dysfunction into my life, let alone more radio frequencies bouncing around my house.

Last time I was at a B&O store, none of the wireless speakers they were trying to demo me really worked... we spent more time dealing with technical issues than listening to speakers.

I have lots of great B&O gear, and the 1 single one that gives me issues every single time I use it is the A9 on a wireless connection....

I also don’t understand how people call something a wireless speaker, when you have to run wires (power) to it...

Also, Atmos with only 8 channels??

Confused

Beolab 9 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2 | Beolab 3 | Beosound 9000 | Beoplay A9 | Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, / S75, / S45.2 

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

Bang & Olufsen-collection-immaculate-wireless - Click here.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,701 Posts
Bronze Member

Howzit:

IAlso, Atmos with only 8 channels??

Confused

8 channels - that is perfect for a wireless soundbar with two upfiring channels and the extra subwoofer.

Mainstream-Atmos....imo. - finally a simple solution that brings cash into the pockets of the A/V industry.

MM

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,039 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 11:17 AM
Chris Townsend:

If their future is one of no TVs, then what precisely is their USP? They’ll kind of engineer their way out of business.

I buy a Beovision, then buy Beolabs to go with it. I then buy Beoplay as it integrates well with everything else. Take away the Beovision and they’ll end up just another speaker manufacturer amongst many. Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Of course, everyone except for the current heads of B&O realize this.
DMacri
Top 150 Contributor
United States
662 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Thu, Dec 13 2018 3:54 PM
Millemissen:

8 channels - that is perfect for a wireless soundbar with two upfiring channels and the extra subwoofer.

Mainstream-Atmos....imo. - finally a simple solution that brings cash into the pockets of the A/V industry.

MM

Exactly my thoughts - 5.1.2 Atmos configuration. Probably fine for some, but does not provide the full experience. Unless I could go 5.1(or 2).4 or even 7.2.4, I wouldn’t bother, but that’s me.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,701 Posts
Bronze Member

You could also go for less.

Will be interesting to see the posibilies of the actual (surround) SW built in to the LG’s.

Some B&O users/BeoLab owners might set up only two external speakers......that should not be a big problem.

But if you are someone, who has realised how important a center channel is (with video), and how important it is to set this up correct, the trouble might begin.

And adding a subwoofer - is there some bas management built in?

CEC is soon, we’ll see.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

LG gives first look at upcoming 2019 flagship TVs with built-in WiSA Hi-Fi wireless audio support -

Click here.

Page 3 of 31 (465 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL