Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 827 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member
In the absence of allowable threats, I'd suggest some clinical testing....

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Sandyb.

What kind of one of the above TV do you want Test on ?
You need to prepare for it takes a little while before we see the first tests.

My B&O dealer expects an assortment of LG's TV in the store when B&O's new technology plans fall into place.
What kind of TV brand will you choose when Bang & Olufsen has sold the last Beovision Eclipse. ?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

Viewed 24,735 times.

@ Puncher. Many people read this thread of interest.   Yes - thumbs up

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

@ Sandyb.

My B&O dealer expects an assortment of LG's TV in the store when B&O's new technology plans fall into place.
What kind of TV brand will you choose when Bang & Olufsen has sold the last Beovision Eclipse. ?

Test what? The picture quality will be exactly the same on all of the above, the form factor is the only difference.

I'd almost certainly look at the Panasonic OLED's - the new ones have both DV and HDR10+, and their picture quality is generally regarded as superior, especially for those interested in film. 

LG's make good all rounders - but I'm not obsessed with them.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Sandyb

The choice is then free. Bang & Olufsen adopted LG OLED C7 for Beovision Eclipse. So, therefore, LG's tv my choice.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member

Wonderful logic, as always....

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

There is a lot of contradictory information here. Some commenters said that the Eclipse and Horizon will be upgraded this year. You said that B&O will abandon TV production and rely on stock LG TVs instead of a customized screen like the Eclipse. What is the truth ? Assuming you are right, will the integration of the stock LG TVs and the B&O surround processor be as good as the Eclipse or multiple remotes will be required?

Regards,

Jean

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member

jvezina:

Peter Pan:

There is a lot of contradictory information here. Some commenters said that the Eclipse and Horizon will be upgraded this year. You said that B&O will abandon TV production and rely on stock LG TVs instead of a customized screen like the Eclipse. What is the truth ? Assuming you are right, will the integration of the stock LG TVs and the B&O surround processor be as good as the Eclipse or multiple remotes will be required?

Regards,

Jean

That is the million dollar question - and no one really knows.

The mood music seems to be that there will be no more BV's, such as they were, and that there will be some way (processor with or without centre speaker) that can sit between a 3rd party TV and B&O speakers. That seems to be, roughly, what many have been told on the quiet.

Others have been reassured that there will be BV's going forward.

I'd say more (on the forum at least, myself included) seem to have been pointed in the direction of the former, rather than the latter, but again no one knows for sure.

And yes, if there is no BV but some other B&O processor product (encompassing centre speaker or not) whether it comes with normal type Beoremote, Network Link, PUC control etc (i.e. all the usual stuff) is a secondary, but still important, question.

And I don't suspect we'll find out any time soon - I'd suggest we'll have a better idea in 6 months or so.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,295 Posts
Bronze Member
I’m just chiming in so PP doesn’t feel alone in responding :-p

Thanks PP Lets have a Party !!!
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - thumbs up  Big Smile  Aussie Michael

The name of the device that connects the BeoLab speaker without a BeoVision TV but via a LG TV is WiSA.

Click here.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,109 Posts
Bronze Member

Some people call that obsession 🙄

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

Oh No!! Millemissen shoots with buckshot. Smile The future will not be easy for us B&O enthusiasts.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,109 Posts
Bronze Member

So, not much of a ‘B&O enthusiast’ left with your appetite for LG tv’s and Xeo speakers.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,680 Posts
Bronze Member

When I think about the price I paid for my B&O, I am very sorry about what you write. Confused

I may to remember to close the cat out when the party is over. Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,109 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

When I think about the price I paid for my B&O, I am very sorry about what you write. Confused

Man, that was 10 plus years ago.....you must have recovered since then.

Obviously money can’t be the most important factor, when you fantasize about an R-OLED.

MM

Page 28 of 56 (828 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL