Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 599 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member

@ Millemissen.

It's a question of whether you come and buy my B&O store in the basement. Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member

Here speaker setup changes if the WiSA - 5.1 speakers are to be activated.

(Her BeoLab is not used) LG's TV speaker becomes disconnected.
According to what was to be written. All LG-2019 models will receive WiSA integration.

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

Here speaker setup changes if the WiSA - 5.1 speakers are to be activated.

(Her BeoLab is not used) LG's TV speaker becomes disconnected. According to what was to be written. All LG-2019 models will receive WiSA integration.

So, this confirms that the LG internal speaker cannot be used as center speaker? If so, that wouldn’t be interesting for me as that’s what’s always been the #1 selling point for the b&o tvs.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,343 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Feb 13 2019 10:49 PM

This has been covered before I'm sure.

With the new LG TV's using the WISA dongle means that a centre channel WISA speaker is required - i.e. the WISA dongle implementation will throw all 5.1 channels to wireless / WISA speakers.  You can't use the LG TV's own speaker as the centre, and WISA speakers for the rest - its not mix and match.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member

@ steve1977
It is time to move on - BeoVision 7 gave us optional Center speaker. It will be the same now if you
choose a WISA dongle. But have you some alternatives if you want to use the BeoLab Speaker ?
Next point is an active wireless center speaker from B&O does not exist, and will probably never come,
what we have so hard to accept. We here on the thread, we know one day MUST find an alternative
to our BeoVision TV. - -  What do you want to do steve1977 ?

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
631 Posts
Bronze Member
Just saying that the LG solution is not attractive to me and does not provide a good solution to use wisa beolabs. At least not for me.

It brings me to three potential solutions that would be attractive to me (as said, the LG solution is not).

1) Some tv maker brings a wisa enabled television that allows to use the tv speaker as center speaker. If not LG, maybe some other tv maker may do at one point.

2) A center speaker / soundbar that has wisa and allows to build a 5.1 system

3) Going back to good old stereo speakers (with or without wisa)
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,343 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 8:18 AM

Patience young Skywalker....

Absent future Beovisions, as seems highly likely, there will be ways to do 5.1 with a 3rd party screen and a bunch of BeoLabs.

Option 1 ? You'll be waiting a long time for this, I would suggest.

Option 2 is pretty likely, from what I understand from B&O.

If option 2 was around today, I'd get one of the OLED models without already separate sound bars - otherwise you'll be doubling up on a centre unit, and the picture quality is the same in the step down model.  So an LG E series, not the wallpaper or rollable, or the Panasonic 800, not 952, and so on and so on...

The current LG WISA implementation goes no way to replicate the audio processing / distribution capability of current Beovisions. 

But something will come from B&O, more or less in line with your option 2.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for answering steve1977 Yes - thumbs up

My wife and I have fallen in love with LG roll TV in 55 ". With WiSA 5.1 connection.
Then there will be plenty of time to wait for a wireless center speaker from B&O.

BeoFrederic
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Gold Member
Well, this is interesting technology: see what LG is doing with its OLED G8 mobile phone.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/14/crystal-sound-oled-g8/
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,343 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:43 PM

LG are introducing crystals sound on a few of their TV's as well, from what I remember from CES.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,343 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 3:46 PM

They don't do the Wallpaper in 55, what make you so sure the rollable will be sized down to 55"?

Hint - they won't.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,842 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m also pretty sure that the won’t do it in 55”.

Peter Pan (and his wife) will have to stick to his good old BV7-40 forever 😧

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
211 Posts
Gold Member

I am looking for latest 55'' LG (non rolling) oled.i'll rather roll something much cheaper and relaxing Whistle

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,527 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
They don't do the Wallpaper in 55, what make you so sure the rollable will be sized down to 55" ?

LG-TV-OLED65R9 - is just the first. When implemented, it will rollable be 55" next. This has always been the case.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,343 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:21 PM

Indeed, and as I've said before, dreams are not real.

Focus on the evidence.

And yes, the rollable, like the wallpaper are extremely premium offerings from LG - as such, they are very unlikely to make a 55 inch (i.e.more everyday) version. It will follow the same path as the Wallpaper, i.e. larger sizes only.

If they offer different sizes, it will be very very far down the road.

And its more a standalone product being multi channel in itself, and coming with a large box. 

Adding an additional centre channel just ruins the look.

The Wallpaper was not the right choice to integrate in a 5.1 set up, given its form factor...and the rollable will be the same.

Get an E series LG for a 5.1 setup, or a Panasonic 800 OLED (without its speaker blade) - the higher models have speakers that don't make a great deal of sense in a 5.1 setup with BeoLabs.

But hacks will be hacks I guess.

Page 21 of 40 (600 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL