Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 262 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here.

Click here.

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

From Marts 2018 Read here.

Millemissen - Read it all.  Smile. Now we soon writing 2019 = Time to implement HDMI 2.1 and eARC.

Sibbi
Not Ranked
62 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Wed, Dec 12 2018 3:12 PM

I like this, I miss my beolabs. I had a pair of beolab 17 and a 19 sub. The Beovision Horizon was however horrible and after endless troubles I sold it and all my B&O. I will never ever buy another Beovision but an LG oled at LG prices with Beolabs could be nice.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Hallo Sibbi

Setting BeoLab 19 for WiSA Wireless Audio Transfer. Photo Aussie Michael

These are Aussie Michael settings
Gain 0
LP filter 80 and off
Phase 0
Pos W
Wired / Wireless = Wireless to the Avant
L / R/ L+R = L + R

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,435 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

From Marts 2018 Read here.

Millemissen - Read it all.  Smile. Now we soon writing 2019 = Time to implement HDMI 2.1 and eARC.

Why/for what will you need that, when using a WiSA Ready/transmitter dongle ssolution for the sound?

That dongle is connected via USB, not HDMI.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Do not be afraid of the way Millemissen to write on.
Millemissen has a lot of experience with B & O, but is not much for that to realize
the need to learn something about the new times. Time does not stand still.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,435 Posts
Bronze Member

So, why - why do you need eARC in that case?

Please tell us!

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Read about the sound quality.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,435 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Read about the sound quality.

I give up 😂

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Loss-free audio (Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA). Correction of "lip sync", ie sync between picture and sound,
From ARC, Bandwidth expands from approx. 2-3Mb / s in ARC to 37 Mb / s in eARC. In other
words, 7.1 surround and lossless HD audio can be transmitted.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,435 Posts
Bronze Member

My definitely last try...

You are talking HDMI,

The WiSA dongle, that is used for the wireless connection to the speakers, is USB - so not relevant here.

(Save your HDMI 2.1/eARC hype for another thread - maybe one about a coming HDMI-connected Sound Center/Soundbar from B&O).

MM

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

I am really amazed how the longtime effords, research and experimenting of the Audio Department in Struer (key words: Technical Sound Guide, TrueImage™ algorithm, Geoff Martin - read his blog.....) is neglected.

Maybe that is/was all in vain, when even B&O users can get along with much less.

I am still be be convinced that a ‘surround solution’ in an LG-tv can come nowhere near a B&O sound solution as used in the BSys4 platform-based products.

MM

When even B&O users can get along with much less: I’d say those are looking for a way forward since B&O has so obviously cut down on the TV area. Fired the developers years ago now and the TV in tandem with LG seems to be the last one according to dealers around the globe. What options are there? Unsure
Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Save your HDMI 2.1/eARC hype for another thread

That you do not want to read what is served for you can benefit others.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

My definitely last try...

You are talking HDMI,

The WiSA dongle, that is used for the wireless connection to the speakers, is USB - so not relevant here.

(Save your HDMI 2.1/eARC hype for another thread - maybe one about a coming HDMI-connected Sound Center/Soundbar from B&O).

MM

There is no need for a single in the new models. It’s built in. I guess eARC is good for use with devices such as a soundcentre with it’s speaker bar and external speakers. If that will process it all it now has more bandwidth to actually work with Atmos too. Meaning Atmos plus B&O trueimage etc.. if B&O could make a BeoCentre working like a Beosystem, meaning configurable to different screens and maybe also projector. Would LOVE a Beocenter that could be used on its own, on stand, on wall with or without tv for custom installations in any possibly way.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,435 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:
[

When even B&O users can get along with much less: I’d say those are looking for a way forward since B&O has so obviously cut down on the TV area. Fired the developers years ago now and the TV in tandem with LG seems to be the last one according to dealers around the globe.

What options are there? Unsure

I am not talking ‘video’ here....but ‘audio’.

I don’t believe that the WiSA dongle hype can be the solution.

Let’s wait and see, if there will be a Sound Center/soundbar solution from B&O in the making.

MM

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,016 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

I am not talking ‘video’ here....but ‘audio’.

I don’t believe that the WiSA dongle hype can be the solution.

Let’s wait and see, if there will be a Sound Center/soundbar solution from B&O in the making.

MM

Who is talking about a hype? It’s just a way to simplify the connection of a non-B&O tv to Beolab’s 🤷‍♂️
Page 2 of 18 (263 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL