Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 879 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,719 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 8:44 AM

You're not the only one - posted earlier that I'd prefer the wallpaper too.

The rollable form factor works suits some circumstances i.e. in front of a large window - but if you have other placement options, that big box is a bit, well, awkwardly big...

The wallpaper still requires integrating a sound centre speaker of some sort, so it has its challenges too.

Maybe a Wallpaper with built in actuators ? Now that would be a very clean installation and look....

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
125 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 8:36 PM

Can you use a centre speaker that works via reflection, like those Atmos ones?

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Gold Member
Dante:

With the new 2019 lg’s and if you use wisa you should be able too yes

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

You're not the only one - posted earlier that I'd prefer the wallpaper too.

The rollable form factor works suits some circumstances i.e. in front of a large window - but if you have other placement options, that big box is a bit, well, awkwardly big...

The wallpaper still requires integrating a sound centre speaker of some sort, so it has its challenges too.

Maybe a Wallpaper with built in actuators ? Now that would be a very clean installation and look....

True, so maybe the C9 would be the best as it’s about an inch thick and make a little recessed bit to make it flush. Then it’s all inside the “screen” ex the external b&o part if they decide to make one that way. PQ wise there isn’t any difference between the C and up

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,719 Posts
Bronze Member

LG TV OLED65R9 on YouTube - Click here.

See all YouTube video, and listen to what they say. Yes - thumbs up

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,201 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:
Dante:

With the new 2019 lg’s and if you use wisa you should be able too yes

I’d question that!

Can you name a source for this assumption?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,583 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 10:52 PM

Mikipidia:
PQ wise there isn’t any difference between the C and up

Not true! The panel might b the same but the picture processing and therfore picture quality has improved at each iteration since.

Ban boring signatures!

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
807 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 10:54 PM
I would think you’d need a direct radiator speaker to ensure vocal clarity. That wouldn’t be the case for height speakers- they aren’t that pin point.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Gold Member
Puncher:

Not true! The panel might b the same but the picture processing and therfore picture quality has improved at every iteration.

Ban boring signatures!

Maybe i said it wrong but i meant it with in the same year/number line. So a c9 doesn’t have a different PQ from a E9 or W9. And processors are the same too. Only the B series has an inferior chip

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen:

I’d question that!

Can you name a source for this assumption?

MM

In every year so far you’ve been able to ad speakers and you could choose to use the tv speaker or not, if you basically want to use the tv’s own as a center speaker. So if they don’t change that, why wouldn’t you be able to?

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 11:12 PM

I think MM's question relates to the use of a WISA dongle.

Once plugged in, does the LG TV surround set up want you to appoint a WISA enabled centre (separate from the TV's own speaker)?

Or is it happy with surrounds (front and back) and sub being WISA, combined with the TV's own speaker as centre.

Like you, I'm assuming the latter - but it may be the case that the dongle causes a bit of funny behaviour (i.e. by passes the TV speaker, and needs WISA for every channel).

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,583 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Jan 17 2019 11:14 PM

Mikipidia:
Puncher:

Not true! The panel might b the same but the picture processing and therfore picture quality has improved at every iteration.

Ban boring signatures!

Maybe i said it wrong but i meant it with in the same year/number line. So a c9 doesn’t have a different PQ from a E9 or W9. And processors are the same too. Only the B series has an inferior chip

Thumbs Up

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,201 Posts
Bronze Member

I just want things confirmed, assumed is not enough.

After all there is talk of an external audio device (the WiSA stick).

And - according to the guys from Flatpanals.dk and Recordere.dk, who were at the CES event - it seems to be an either/or case.

They weren’t able to investigate further there, so things will have to remain unclear for now.

My own assumption - if anyone interested - is that it would require a sort of preamp function with the ability to route the channels to whatever needed....

....and to adjust the balance etc etc between this center and the (WiSA) connected speakers.

This - I think - is not the case.

The sound settings of the WiSA ReadyLG merely displays the setup possibilities of rhe WiSA stick.

Not just B&O/BeoLab costumers have been interested in using the internal speakers as a center speaker in their setup.

A thread like this ask the same question - although not with WiSA connected speakers - for a 6 model:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/2592337-oled65e6p-speaker-center-channel.html

Reading the manuals of the preyears confirms that you certainly can use the built-in speakers along with external speakers - but these will still be as they are = 2 channel/stereo.

Even if this also should be possible along with the WiSA connected speakers, it is far from what BV owners can do with the speakers setup of their tv’s.

I - in any case - will wait for confirmation, if it should be different now.

It would be wise for costumers interested in the new LG/WiSA combination also to do so.....in order not to get too disappointed.

Maybe we could hear something from a firstmover - one who is curious enough, when the tv’s start to come out 😉

MM

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Gold Member

the dongle is a transmitter, so it's basically just the antenna's. No way that stick had enough horsepower to decode all the channel data and keep it self cool enough to keep working(it's probably a 5w part and i'd be amazed if with 5w of computational power you could decode all that, must be the most efficient bit of tech to date), so that'll have to be done in the tv. at best the dongle splits the signals to l/r/lr/rr/c. If you look at peter pan's earlier photo you also see a drop down menu to connected speakers and there are already, at least, 5 connected. so that leaves the tv's own. 2019 lg's basically have a receiver in them now, which is nice. I am unsure how the internal speaker can be setup, it can probably mimic a center but why i am unsure is more to do with how they've routed their pathways for sound to the tv's own. So it might be the case that it works sort of like a center, but pulls in a bit too much l/r channel and therefore a proper center would still be better. So maybe it's more a difference in defining what one can do vs should do. As in, could you use the tv's own as a center? probably/hopefully yes. But should you use the tv's own as the center/ is it the best center? probably not.

as for the amount of speakers, wouldn't this whole wisa exerciser be pointless if you had to connect at least 5 or 6 speakers? It should work just fine with either 1, 2 or to start with for beginners.

I guess this seems logical to me on how it most likely works, but if you'd like to not discuss it until it's all confirmed i guess we should stop talking about it and just tell each other if we like the look of products or not :p would make it rather dull imo

In the end I am still fairly certain that what ever B&O does will sound superior(although maybe no atmos), but for someone that has the money for some bl17's or something like that, but not the money for all the accompanying equipment I think this step by LG is a great step forward.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Jan 18 2019 12:17 PM

It's going to be a while before anyone realistically can test all of this out anyway.

But while I don't need WISA connectivity, and generally chose wired, I do think its a good thing that LG's are adding the capability.

It will suit some.

I'd still much rather a B&O brain managed my sound, both around the TV, and for multi-room than a dongle which has little traction, and still in its infancy.

And I don't quite believe the marketing claims that WISA makes everything fluid, seamless etc ....wasn't it on another thread fairly recently that someone had bought a (nonB&O)  WISA enabled speaker, and just couldn't pair it with his BV?

Wireless rant over.

Page 17 of 59 (880 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL