Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 903 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Kind of ‘old news’, but the WiSA Organisation of course is at CES to promote their solution (and the enabled products).

It is funny, though that this - which some see as a killer feature - hasn’t even been mentioned by LG, who is said to have WiSA Ready built in to their new tv’s.

Maybe they will save the goodies for later........or maybe they don’t pay as much attention to it, as B&O/BeoLab owners would wish for.

MM

Why can't both be true ?

I.e firstly, that it's not a killer feature, just a useful one, and secondly it's not a primary focus for the LG TV presentations.....

I just watched the LG CES presentation - man, it was amateur-ish, at least Apple know how to do these.

The rollable OLED is very cool - though not sure it suits every use case / environment. One aspect some may like - it rolls away into an enclosure, effectively leaving a sound bar. That's an interesting concept / prospect (all the more so now the sound bar is Airplay 2 as well).

Oh and the box / sound bar enclosure comes with Kvadrat covers! Laughed out loud when they mentioned this in the keynote....

Other take-away - TV's just becoming standalone hubs now, voice enabled themselves, with integrated GA / Alexa / AP2 (ok, not Siri). The dream of a dumb TV I well and truly dead now...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Other take-away - TV's just becoming standalone hubs now, voice enabled themselves, with integrated GA / Alexa / AP2 (ok, not Siri). The dream of a dumb TV I well and truly dead now...

That is the reason why people are waiting for eARC.

At least those who want a bit more sound than the tv can produce.....and therefore go for a soundbar.

Apple probably also realized the end of ‘dumb tv’s’, now that they are pushing iTunes/AP2 into the tv’s.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

That is the reason why people are waiting for eARC.

At least those who want a bit more sound than the tv can produce.....and therefore go for a soundbar.

Apple probably also realized the end of ‘dumb tv’s’, now that they are pushing iTunes/AP2 into the tv’s.

MM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RwpFoxHPH4

This short summary from Digital Trends on LG's new TV's.

Section on WISA capability towards the end of the video.

I don't have any strong view on WISA, guess its a useful addition for some - but glad that some, inc this video, picked up the added capability.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank ptrv, good link - What makes WiSA tick: Click here.

ptrv
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
ptrv replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 7:54 PM

I understand people saying WiSA is not really showing anything new at CES2019, but what I do think is different this year is that they’re now working with a big player like LG. Hopefully, this will help gain traction for the system and B&O WiSA speakers in particular.

ptrv
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
ptrv replied on Mon, Jan 7 2019 7:54 PM

I understand people saying WiSA is not really showing anything new at CES2019, but what I do think is different this year is that they’re now working with a big player like LG. Hopefully, this will help gain traction for the system and B&O WiSA speakers in particular.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

LG and the WiSA feature is the subject of this thread.

I can’t tell, whether the WiSA Organisation is showing anything or not....because I don’t know.

I just notced that LG does not have much focus on it - or maybe the majority of the reporters aren’t interested.

The guy from Digital Trends seems to generally have more focus on sound - he has often mentioned/reviewed B&O gear in earlier reports.

Would be nice if people could share, when they find something WiSA related from CES 2019 - there is so much going on there.....hard to get an overview.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member

Torben Rasmussen:
Then we got an answer to WISA on LG2019. There can be a maximum of 5.1 sound and the
configuration you pair, the TV will always use, ie if you have 5.1 then everything will be converted
to 5.1. Nobodyintelligent sound up and down. You cannot pair WiSA with more than 1 transmitter,
ie, speakers are paired to a TV, so they cannot be paired with a Transmitter 1.

A dongle inserted TV is required to access WiSA.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks to Torben.

Pretty sure that some could live with this mediocre solution....I couldn’t.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member

It's also a way of saying this on Millemissen. Then your B&O became shares
reduced by as much as 34 per cent. So you still can't afford new TV. Idea

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member

The LG rollable display is now a real 65-inch TV - Click here.

This will be a dream for the lady, so she can see
flowers in the window when she is not watching TV. Big Smile

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,734 Posts
Bronze Member

A wireless audio protocol known simply as WiSA. - Click here.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

It's so amazing that a screen can be rolled up 

Page 14 of 61 (904 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL