Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beovision Eclipse - Software bug in latest update (2.3.xx) when swifting audio sources from Deezer to "music" DLNA

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member
Martin posted on Thu, Nov 29 2018 3:42 PM

After yesterdays softwareupdate for my Beovision Eclipse soundcenter (software 2.3.xxxx) with Airplay 2, it has arrived a software bug which is very frustrating.

The software-bug appears as follows:

If you start the Eclipse soundcenter with Deezer (thru the B&O app) or Music (DLNA-content), the Bang&Olufsen APP loses the contact with the soundcenter when you switch to another music source. So if You start the TV with Deezer, everything works perfect. But when you switch to Music (DLNA content) the B&O-app loses the contact with soundcenter and there is no cover-art, no time-mark of the song playing and no possibililty to put the music to "pause". If You after this switch back to Deezer, everything works perfect.

If You start the soundcenter with Music-source (DLNA-content), everything works perfect. BUT if you switch to Deezer the same problem occurs as described before (no coverart, no time-mark, no possibility to pause the music).

If you make a "play-list" in the B&O-app and this playlilst has content from both Deezer and music (DLNA-content) the first source that is playing works perfect. When the TV switches to content from DLNA (Music) then the contact between the soundcenter and B&O-app will not work.

Please forward this complaint to your software-developer and make a fix as soon as possible. The last software 2.2.xxxxx before the Airplay2-software worked perfect.

Best Regards
Martin Ström
SWEDEN

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
530 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Nov 29 2018 5:31 PM

I had all kinds of strange issues yesterday after I upgraded.  After rebooting my Eclipse and my phone, they seem to have gone away.  I haven't played any DNLA sources yet.  I will try that later today.

It didn't help that I also upgraded my wifi equipment yesterday... 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
530 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Nov 29 2018 5:34 PM

sorry, duplicate post

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
530 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Nov 29 2018 6:59 PM

I can play Deezer and DNLA, and switch back and forth just fine.  I'm using the sound center's DNLA, not the TVs.

How do you create your own playlist in the Beo app?

Speaking of the app, have you noticed the "remote control" capabilities?  Including the "touch pad" screen that lets you move the cursor around and select items (similar to LG's "magic remote").

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin

That doesn't sound good. We will take a look at this ASAP and I'll keep you updated. 

Br

Thomas; Bang & Olufsen

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 7:24 AM

Hi Tomas,

I also talked to my dealer in Goethenburg (Sweden) and he also experienced the same fault (softwarebug after latest softwareupdate 2.3.xxx) on his Eclipse in the store.

I would really appreciate if You can make a fix as soon as possible. I use often both Deezer and my DLNA-server (Music-source on the Eclipse) and I change between these sources quite often when I play music with soundcenter.

Have a nice weekend Tomas!.

Best Regards
Martin Ström

SWEDEN

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
157 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Martin

A small update. We have reproduced the error. Unfortunately this was not covered in our tests, it is now. We will look into a fix and keep you posted. 

A nice weekend to you too!

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 9:49 AM

Hi Tomas,

Great! Thanks!

Best Regards
Martin

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,081 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:
We will look into a fix and keep you posted.

A nice weekend to you too!

Well done.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,208 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:23 PM
Martin:

If you make a "play-list" in the B&O-app and this playlilst has content from both Deezer and music (DLNA-content) the first source that is playing works perfect

Like Stan I would like to know now how one does this !

BeoNut since '75

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member

Hi

What I mean with playlist is Playqueue. You can put different tracks and albums in the playqueue both from Deezer and DLNA streaming.

Martin

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
214 Posts
Silver Member

Hi

What I mean with playlist is Playqueue. You can put different tracks and albums in the playqueue both from Deezer and DLNA streaming.

Martin

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,203 Posts
Bronze Member
My Sky won’t select channels. I now type in a channel number and the screen just goes blue, I keep typing the number and eventually it works.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
470 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

My Sky won’t select channels. I now type in a channel number and the screen just goes blue, I keep typing the number and eventually it works. Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

This sounds like a CEC issue. Switch of HDMI control in the sky box and on all HDMI inputs on the soundcenter even if they are not being used for anything else. As B&O use PUC control there is a conflict.

Stuart

B&O Ealing
Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,203 Posts
Bronze Member
Thanks, I’ve no idea how to do it but I’ll crack on. CheersYes - thumbs up

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL