Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

flex
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
flex posted on Fri, Nov 23 2018 1:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new here!

I just picked up this lovely CRT recently for next to nothing but it wont currently switch on and I see no red standby light at all. It has a 2 pin Euro plug on the end of the cable which I have plugged into an adapter (I am in the UK so a 3 pin adapter) and the TV is rated for 240V AC.

I did find an old thread called Workshop How to rebuild a MX4000 MX6000 MX7000 and AV9000 but it is missing the pictures.

I assume the fuse  / power supply would be a good place to start, does anyone have any experiences of the MX range for things I could look for?

I am fully aware of the high voltage dangers of working on CRT's so am hoping this might be an easyish fix. I have experience with soldering / electronics etc. and I have done a lot of research on how to discharge this particular CRT and plan to get a tool like is used in this video to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhMT40hDNFw

I am hoping to bring this beauty back to life for use in a retro gaming setup.

All Replies

flex
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
flex replied on Thu, Jan 10 2019 11:33 PM

Ok an update....

I spent some time doing lots of research into the common faults and testing components on the board and found a failed TR33 (BU2508DF) transistor. I couldn't find any dry joints or anything like that but i replaced the following components in the circuit.

TR33, C100, C101, C102, C103, C104, C105, C106, & D82.

So after replacing them.... Success! Red standby light came up and the TV switched on. I was feeling quite proud of myself at this point but alas it wasn't to last.... 5 minutes later it switched itself off and went back to standby Crying

The TV now has the red standby light but wont come out of standby the green power led lights up for a second and then goes off again.

I am sending out a cry for help for anyone who has experience with these models that might be able to help me!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL