setting up Beovision 7-32 motorized stand

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Jelly
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Jelly posted on Sat, Nov 17 2018 6:46 PM

Hi all, just joined the B&O club the other day, picked up an early beovision 7 (serial no 1851143) for an absolute bargain. unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get the stand up and running. When I select 'stand' on the beo4 (non-directional) the relevant buttons do nothing. Nothing concerning the stand appears in the 'connections' menu. fairly stumped as to how to continue. Is the stand just a dud or am I doing something wrong? All the instruction manuals I can find online seem to only be relevant to the later models.

additionally, the speaker grille has some stains/marks on it. does anyone know how to go about removing it so I can clean it?

All Replies

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
371 Posts
Gold Member

Disconnect TV from mains, remove and plug in stand connection.

turn TV on at mains, TV should recognise stand and work finr

if problem persists then the stand or TV had an issue

DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guys,I have the same problem with the motorised stand.Unfortunately I have this problem x 3.I recently bought a few Beovision 7-32 with the stands and 7.1 speaker to refurb and sell on for a few quid more.Please dont attack me for this.I'm a full time carer for my 90 year old Mum and just do this as a bit of a hobby and a love for B&O gear and to make a couple of bob on the side to supplement the £70 a week I receive from the government.Out of the 3 tvs I bought,quite cheaply,I must admit,I saw the stand and speakers and tv all working perfectly,when I collected them.Since they were disconnected for transportation,I cannot get the stand to do its thing on all 3.Ive not been lazy.Ive followed all the advice on here re. powering off,disconnecting and reconnecting,even doing the factory reset and I am getting nothing.Not a jot from the stands!!! On 3 tvs and 3 stands.The speakers are all working fine and the tvs themselves and the built in dvds all working perfectly.The stands,nothing,not even a glimmer.I must be doing something wrong.I have never connected or disconnected the stands wile the tv was powered up so that problem is out of the question but out of three tvs and three stands,two of which,I saw working,when collected I am getting absolutely nothing.The stands just do not come up as options in the menu so the tvs are not recognising them.I have plugged in the 5 pin connectors which never seem to fit nice and snug but then you cant get the buggers out so I'm at a loss.Do I need to connect anything other than the 5 pin din type connector to make the stands work? I'm probably missing somthing obvious but I'm tearing my hair out.Ive been in the service menu and done monitor factory reset and no change.I know you guys would be probably saying that i have a faulty stand or faulty tv but,I have to say,is this possible on 3 x tvs and 3 x stands,2 of which,I saw working when collected? Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.Alan

DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Rob,

This is not working for me.Not just on one,but 3 x beovision 7-32's with the speaker etc.

Tried everything you suggested incl factory reset but getting nothing,not a jot from the stands,

I saw 2 of the three stands work and turn etc when collected but now when reconneceted,absolutely nothing.No stand references coming up in the menu at all.Am I missing something? Thx.Alan

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
676 Posts
Founder
DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Thankyou for your advice DrDimitris,Apart from powering off for 24hrs and disconnecting everything,what do I need to do to enable Install?

Many Thanks

Discoduck

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
676 Posts
Founder

Normally nothing. As soon as you have reset the BV and powering off, it should automatically go on Setup mode in the next power on. Please unplug the stand cable from BV7 chassis during the shutdown time

Dimitris-

DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Should I connect the stand,speaker etc before powering back up or wait till setup has completed,power down again and the connect?

Thanks

Discoduck

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
676 Posts
Founder

Connect all apart from stand. Then power up. Then connect stand cable to BV7

Dimitris-

DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Dimitris, I am pretty sure I read somewhere on here never to connect the stand to BV7 when it is powered up.

Is that not the case?

Discoduck

DrDimitris
Top 150 Contributor
Greece
676 Posts
Founder

Nothing happened to mine. If you read that this should not be done, then follow it. I am wondering what were your results since it is over 24 hrs now since your question was posted

Dimitris-

DISCODUCK
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Tried everything now Dimitis.Still no joy on any of the 3 x tv sets and stands.Very very weird indeed.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL