Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
433 Posts
Gold Member
Ferdinand posted on Sat, Nov 10 2018 8:32 PM
Hi,

As some of you already know has my BS1 been playing by itself randomly ik the past. Also tonight - however in the BeoApp i could see it played over bluetooth (i don’t use that) and also which song. I also could ‘control’ the music - which wasn’t mine.

Turns out it was the neighbours.

Question: how do I teach the BS1 to accept commands from me only? Can BT be disconnected at all? Same goes for chromecast which I don’t get around to disable somehow? Couldn’t find that in the app.

All Replies

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
433 Posts
Gold Member
Found the BT answer myself meanwhile by going into ‘configure’ which then lead to old Beo setup page and apparantly there is an ‘always on’ function for BT which is (oh the irony) always on Laughing.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,407 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 10:09 PM

Ghost in the machine eh? Surprise

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
430 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:13 PM

Earlier this year my colleague was woken when his M5 started playing on its own.

It turned out to be someone waiting at the bus stop in front of his house and had paired via Bluetooth.

The default is always open for pairing. He simply turned off this feature in the configure menu as described above.

There always one! Whistle

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,407 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 2:46 PM

Opman:

Earlier this year my colleague was woken when his M5 started playing on its own.

It turned out to be someone waiting at the bus stop in front of his house and had paired via Bluetooth.

The default is always open for pairing. He simply turned off this feature in the configure menu as described above.

There always one! Whistle

You've given me a great idea for a fun new game in urban environments where the housing density is sufficiently high...how many people's BT speakers and such can you mess with! Big Smile

Jeff

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
433 Posts
Gold Member
Hahaha Jeff and Opman, yes I remember the days on holiday parks with bungalows/cottages where walking around with the TVs remote we could change the channels - stressing up other guests. Whistle

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,407 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 1:46 AM

I’ve seen a watch that has a remote in it so you can sit in a bar and change the TV channels, driving people nuts. 

Jeff

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,027 Posts
Bronze Member

A friend of mine had one of these (there were 5000 made in total).

He used to annoy people he visited not knowing that he had that watch - and there are/were many in Denmark with B&O gear..

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,216 Posts
Founder
I guess the key ring is also a good party trick.

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL