rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Dyssegaard Posted: Mon, Nov 5 2018 11:45 AM
I have just now updated my Beosound Core to version 1.3.26460.41389907 and Airplay 2 is now available.

In my integrated BV11/Core configuration I had to disintegrate the Core before I was able to configure Airplay for multi room. Having done that I could integrate the Core again, and now I can use Airplay 2 on my BV11 speakers

Smile

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,718
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Nov 5 2018 11:58 AM
Are you on the Beta track or have AP2 been included in the commercial release?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Hiort:

Are you on the Beta track or have AP2 been included in the commercial release?

I’m not on the Beta track. The update was displayed in the Beotool today.

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,937
Bronze Member

Not on my Essence (2nd gen) yet.

One question @Dyssegård

Are you still able to redistribute an airplayed source to (an)other NL device(s) - like we have been before?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Millemissen:

Not on my Essence (2nd gen) yet.

One question @Dyssegård

Are you still able to redistribute an airplayed source to (an)other NL device(s) - like we have been before?

MM

Yes, I can redistribute Airplay to my M5 from my BV11/Core as before (no Airplay 2 on the M5 yet).

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 4,132
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Nov 5 2018 12:33 PM
BeoTool shows the update available for my Core but not for my Essence 2nd generation.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,937
Bronze Member

The Essence is supposed to be in the second run (according to another thread, that I can’t find).

Funny - BeoTool and the app shows that there is an update for my M3. But it won’t let me update manually.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see, what will happen over night.

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Millemissen:

The Essence is supposed to be in the second run (according to another thread, that I can’t find).

Funny - BeoTool and the app shows that there is an update for my M3. But it won’t let me update manually.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see, what will happen over night.

MM

Rgd. the update of your M3. I had the same issue when I first tried to update my Core. I had to enter the configuration part for the Core and do the update from there. Maybe you could try to do the same for you M3.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,937
Bronze Member

That is what I did - you can not update from BeoTool!

Still the option of updating there does nothing.

Actually I am more interested in the AirPlay to NL distribution feature - if that is kept untouched with the new update?

Since I have no ‘only-AirPlay-devices’, AirPlay 2 won’t give me much improvement.

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Millemissen:

That is what I did - you can not update from BeoTool!

Still the option of updating there does nothing.

Actually I am more interested in the AirPlay to NL distribution feature - if that is kept untouched with the new update?

Since I have no ‘only-AirPlay-devices’, AirPlay 2 won’t give me much improvement.

MM

Sorry for not being more precise on how I did the update. Please see screen shot below:

I used the “Konfigurer” part instead of the

“Software” part.

Rgd. the Airplay to NL distribution. It’s working, but when I shift my music program (Yousee music) to the background, the music pauses. It didn’t do that before the update, and it is a bit annoying ...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,937
Bronze Member

Thanks - found it!

That must be a bug in the sw.

Also when I disabled ‘automatic sw update’ for the Essence in the ‘configuration part, it did not show up there....I had to change the setting there too.

As for AirPlay 2 and AirPlay->NL distribution, I’d better make some tests with the M3, before I’ll allow automatic updating of my Essence.....hmmmm.

Though I don’t use that much, I have always thought that the NL distribution is handy - it happens within the app.

To go outside, into the AirPlay control panel of the iDevice, isn’t smart.

That said - there will be setups, where this is good —— when you have non-B&O AirPlay devices around the house mixed with B&O devices.

Please do tell about any observation on this matter.

MM

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 234
Silver Member
Millemissen:

Thanks - found it!

That must be a bug in the sw.

Also when I disabled ‘automatic sw update’ for the Essence in the ‘configuration part, it did not show up there....I had to change the setting there too.

As for AirPlay 2 and AirPlay->NL distribution, I’d better make some tests with the M3, before I’ll allow automatic updating of my Essence.....hmmmm.

Though I don’t use that much, I have always thought that the NL distribution is handy - it happens within the app.

To go outside, into the AirPlay control panel of the iDevice, isn’t smart.

That said - there will be setups, where this is good —— when you have non-B&O AirPlay devices around the house mixed with B&O devices.

Please do tell about any observation on this matter.

MM

Hi MM.

I have now had some more time to test Airplay 2 on my BV11/Core setup. The problem I mentioned yesterday rgd. Yousee Musik stopping when it was running in the background turned out to be a problem with the Yousee Musik app. The problem has been verified by Yousee and will be fixed in the next update. When I use Airplay 2 from Spotify, everything works just fine Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,937
Bronze Member

Thanks for taking the time!

MM

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 1,886
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Nov 8 2018 9:47 PM
My Core and my M3 have been updated to the AP2 compatible version. Tested successfully with my iPhone streaming to both devices, but iTunes freezes on my Mac when I select any AP or AP2 device Sad .... I’m OSX beta tester, reason why I guess

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL