rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 0 Followers

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD posted on Tue, Oct 23 2018 11:34 PM

Hey Everone!

Want to get some feed back on my set up and some recommendations for upgrades or changes.

Here is my current set up

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7.6 , 12-2 , 4000 , and 11

I was thinking of replacing the 4000 with Beolab 3’s or another set of 12-2 or 12-3 

One of my main concerns in the placement of the current 12-2. They are now on ether side of the couch facing forward (couch is also against the wall) 

what I was thinking is placing them on left & right wall of the couch facing the listeners. 

Like in this diagram. 

I will also have several other B&O speakers in other rooms. I was thinking of using a beosound core in every room for the speakers. What are your thoughts or are there better options? To be able to play sound around the house. 

Cheers,

Konstantin 

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
1,992 Posts
Bronze Member
I would have changed the Beolab 11 to a Beolab 2.

And the 7.6 to a 7.4.

Assuming this is for movies.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
leosgonewild:

I would have changed the Beolab 11 to a ...

Assuming this is for movies.

... BL19.

BL3s are good - I think between them and your 4000s would be a personal choice: looks, footprint - as much as technical/sonic advantages: acoustic lens technology.

The Core is good for multi room - one per room and pair of speakers (you can a BL11 subwoofer via daisy chaining).

You will need to make a decision about the BV7-55 which I believe is not NL enabled ???

Should you:

— keep the BV7 and add a Core with special cables from Steve @SoundsHeavenly

— keep the BV7 and add a BLC NL/ML

— replace the BV7 with an NL enabled BV

How are your existing multi room(s) connected ???

— not at all ?

— via ML cables ? i.e. do you have a substantial investment that would influence the above decision !

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,111 Posts
Bronze Member

DinoD:

Hey Everone!

Want to get some feed back on my set up and some recommendations for upgrades or changes.

Here is my current set up

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7.6 , 12-2 , 4000 , and 11

I was thinking of replacing the 4000 with Beolab 3’s or another set of 12-2 or 12-3 

One of my main concerns in the placement of the current 12-2. They are now on ether side of the couch facing forward (couch is also against the wall) 

what I was thinking is placing them on left & right wall of the couch facing the listeners. 

I will also have several other B&O speakers in other rooms. I was thinking of using a beosound core in every room for the speakers. What are your thoughts or are there better options? To be able to play sound around the house. 

Cheers,

Konstantin 

As for the multiroom part - I agree with elephant, that we need more information from you in order to give any advice.

For your main setup I’d advice to swap the BL12-2’s with the BL4000.

The BL12-2’s will work well static on the wall in the front - keep your BL11, if you are pleased with it....it is not a bad combo at all.

The BL4000 placed on stands on either side of the couch - slightly toed in - will be better than having the 12-2 standing free there.

(Should you later decide for a younger - BSys4-based - BeoVision, you would also benefit from better basmanagement possibilities of the setup)

And don’t forget, that any advice for speakers, speakers placement is dependent on the room and the owners needs and preferences (and his moneybag)....

....only you can decide, what works for you.

Also consider, if swapping/exchange the speakers is worth the work/trouble of changing things.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD replied on Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:17 PM

This set up is the family room, so used for both music and movies.

The main reason I went with Beolab 11 over 2, is that 11 looks much nicer.

What would the difference be between 7.6 vs 7.4?

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD replied on Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:25 PM

I did have a chance to test out the 19, great speaker but thought I would save a bit of money and get the 11. 

BV7-55 is connected to the 12-2 with a @SoundsHeavenly Cable with RJ45 on one and other with 8pin. 

We will be doing a complete renovation and addition to the house this spring.

There are no speakers or other connections currently. That why I wanted to see what would be the best way to connect speakers and to get recommendations on what speakers would be a good option for bathroom, bedrooms, kitchen, gym and library.

I am planning on running CAT8 cables thru the entire house. 

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD replied on Thu, Oct 25 2018 3:53 PM

I would prefer to keep the 12-2's at the back as they do not take up a lot of space. What I was wondering about them was is it ok to face them into the couch on the side walls.

I would swap/exchange, but happy to by others that would work better for the family and use the other thru out the house. 

What are your thoughts on BL4000 vs BL3?

I was also thinking of buying 

- BL8000

- BL3

- BL5 or BL20

- BL12-3

- BL14 5.1 (for the bedroom specifically)

- BL3500 (Bathrooms & Kitchen)

As for TV 

BeoPlay V1 (Kitchen, & Maybe master bedroom)

BV12, BV11 or even Avant (To replace BV7, move that to the basement rec room) also could use one of those in master bedroom stead of the V1 (as long as they come in the 40" range don't want anything crazy in the bedroom.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,111 Posts
Bronze Member

DinoD:

I would prefer to keep the 12-2's at the back as they do not take up a lot of space. What I was wondering about them was is it ok to face them into the couch on the side walls.

The thing about the 12’s is, that they were made to be hanging on the wall - they use the wall.

Sure, you see them freestanding (as rears), but hardly anyone will recommend using rhem that way.

As for not taking up much space, the BL8000’s would be ideal there.

The reason that I mentioned the 4000’s on stands (and swapping) was, that I thought that these 2 sets was your option.

I still think, that the 12’s as fronts is a good choice....on the wall and with the 11 as sub.

Further - I applaud your thoughts on having a BV12 (with BSys4),a BV11 or the Avant for the main tv as a 5.1 setup.

I am sure that the BV7 with the superb BL7-x on its own will serve you well in another room.

MM

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD replied on Fri, Oct 26 2018 2:39 AM

The Beolab 12-2 are mounted to the back wall currently and are not on stands. 

There’s really no space to buy floor standing speakers. 

My main concern is if I can mount the 12-2 on the left and right wall facing into the couch, instead of keeping on the wall and facing forward. 

I’ll start looking for another BV, would you have a preference or recommend on my choice for the BV. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,111 Posts
Bronze Member

Looking once again at your drawings, it shows that you have sidewalls near the couch.

So now I understand your question....sorry 😏

This should be possible, yes - whether it would be better than yet, is hard to say, though.

As for recommendation for another BV....not really, as long as it is BSys4-based (and NL compatible).

Your personal preferences should be your guide.

The Avant/2014 is 4K - however, how much you’ll need that part in daily life, is a question.

You might go for the newer version, if you can cope with it being ‘Google-enabled’.

They have apps built-in, if that is important to you?

I am sure you’d be surpriced by the Eclipse - those who have it are mostly rather enthusiastic.

Personally I went for an Avant/2014-55” on the wall....because it suits my needs 🙂

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Millemissen:

The thing about the 12’s is, that they were made to be hanging on the wall - they use the wall.

Because of the above make sure both side walls are of similar structures/ materials.

As you have no other existing B&O investments apart from the television room I would sell the BV7 even though you would not get much for it. The real saving would be you avoiding the price of a BLC NL/ML.

A small flat panel relatively large modern NG BV in the bedroom would be ideal.

I admire your vision and look forward to seeing you enjoying a world of B&O.

I suspect the A/V world will see a lot of changes in the next 12 months; so keep this thread running and stay flexible.

You are looking at a big investment that should ideally last you 10 years so it’s important to stay current and flexible.

BeoNut since '75

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,899 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Oct 28 2018 11:02 PM
DinoD:

My main concern is if I can mount the 12-2 on the left and right wall facing into the couch, instead of keeping on the wall and facing forward.

I have 12-3s mounted on the side walls facing instead of facing forward. I am very happy with how they sound.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD replied on Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:59 PM

Perfect! Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL