rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 80 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,176 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sun, Oct 21 2018 1:40 PM

@Roger   Still no new products in the pipeline?

All Replies

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,407 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:29 PM

All true OldJack, plus my Oppo has a video input on it so that you can run another source through it and use the Oppos outstanding video processing to clean up and improve it before sending it on to the TV/panel. The only two video sources I now have are the Apple TV and the Oppo so that doesn't buy me anything but if you use a cable box or such it would be a big benefit.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
216 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff:

All true OldJack, plus my Oppo has a video input on it so that you can run another source through it and use the Oppos outstanding video processing to clean up and improve it before sending it on to the TV/panel. The only two video sources I now have are the Apple TV and the Oppo so that doesn't buy me anything but if you use a cable box or such it would be a big benefit.

Also, if you have a bunch of BeoLabs needing a home, you have up to 7.1 multi-channel line output. And Oppo says it will keep international support for their products. Nice. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,027 Posts
Bronze Member

I am sure, that Steve will be happy to sell the needed adapter cables for that.

And....happy controlling with the Oppo remote and what you also will need for controlling a connected device there ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,682 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:32 PM

Ok... Thanks for the Oppo marketing stuff, but I don't need a new source.

Now back to B&O stuff : they have 2 possible ways to launch a soundbar: either a fully technologically packed one with NL/4HDMIs/5-8PL outputs/Core/PUC+Beoremote compatibility (see an eclipse without the screen), with even a VESA mount for a TV... Or a minimalist one with only one HDMI (and maybe Core, because it's still B&O), like a Sonos Beam... I'm really hoping they go with the first option but we'll see...

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
215 Posts
Gold Member

poodleboy:

Jeff:

Also, if you have a bunch of BeoLabs needing a home, you have up to 7.1 multi-channel line output. And Oppo says it will keep international support for their products. Nice. 

@Jeff

Oppo UDP-203 also has video input(hdmi in).I am using it with Chromecast Ultra,Audio sent to Bsys3 via hdmi-audio output.I also tried output from my cable box(full hd) to plug into Oppo,and it does video processing to 4kx2k.Now I am looking for good  qualty hdmi splitter,to plug both into Oppo,for video processing.Audio will be sent to Bsys3..All smart apps I need (deezer,youtube...)are with the Chromecast Ultra.

@poodleboy

Yes,right.My Beolabs are powerlinked into Bsys3.Thinking about get rid off Bsys3 .But,then I'll miss electronic curtains,Beo4 etc.

But,possibility to drive Beolabs by Oppo pre-outs is still there.

Now,we are well off topic,but if B&O only could make something like this ....

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
215 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 10:23 PM

Millemissen:

I am sure, that Steve will be happy to sell the needed adapter cables for that.

And....happy controlling with the Oppo remote and what you also will need for controlling a connected device there ;-))

MM

For anything else.....there is LinTronic (not mastercard) Cool

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Page 6 of 6 (81 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL