rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 80 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,183 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sun, Oct 21 2018 1:40 PM

@Roger   Still no new products in the pipeline?

All Replies

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,438 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 3:24 PM

Duels:

Stop agreeing with each other. It’s just not natural.

Ha! Stick out tongue

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

The LG Bluray olayer, that I had before on my main tv, is now on my V1 - works perfect there as before.....with PUC.

You don’t happen to have an LG player too, do you ;-))))

By the way, the LG player is one of those, that did not even have apps built in (maybe YouTube - I don’t remember).

Never missed any of that stuff on a Bluray player.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,438 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 5:43 PM

No, no LG BR player! We're back to our usual normal! Smile

I did have a Sony DVD only downstairs with a Samsung LCD 32 inch TV but am getting rid of both, as I never used them. Going to a good home at a friends. I have no TV in bedrooms or such, when it's time to watch TV it's time to watch TV, so we go into the living room and watch the 65 inch Panasonic plasma. If I ever do need/want to watch TV elsewhere I use my A3, since I don't have cable or an antenna, everything I watch is streaming other than the occasional disc.

BTW, it pains me that Oppo is no longer making players. I understand the rationale, but it seems sad to see the company that arguably made the best optical video disc players abandon the format.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeff:

...I have no TV in bedrooms or such, when it's time to watch TV it's time to watch TV, so we go into the living room and watch....... If I ever do need/want to watch TV elsewhere I use my A3,

So do we/I.

I have an A3 too - mostly used for Radio/TuneIn.

Seems that we have more in common, that you might think.

I am actually eager to see what cones next from the guys in Struer.

Well, let’s not talk about the newer B&O stuff....not right now ;-)

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,294 Posts
Bronze Member
I suppose (sadly) pioneer did the same too.

I never purchased an Oppo but I did want to though. Quite disappointed to see it go.

Jeff:

No, no LG BR player! We're back to our usual normal!

I did have a Sony DVD only downstairs with a Samsung LCD 32 inch TV but am getting rid of both, as I never used them. Going to a good home at a friends. I have no TV in bedrooms or such, when it's time to watch TV it's time to watch TV, so we go into the living room and watch the 65 inch Panasonic plasma. If I ever do need/want to watch TV elsewhere I use my A3, since I don't have cable or an antenna, everything I watch is streaming other than the occasional disc.

BTW, it pains me that Oppo is no longer making players. I understand the rationale, but it seems sad to see the company that arguably made the best optical video disc players abandon the format.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Sandyb:

Yes, my point / response about audio sources was to someone suggesting the Soundbar needs to have Deezer etc built in - for reasons mentioned above, not sure that will be the case.

I am currently listening to the non-dialogue “a star is born” on my BV/ATV ... to connect that audio to my other rooms I either use AirPlay2 to my Essence/Core or use Join from them ...

In your proposed solution how do I achieve multi room audio ?

And vici versa

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Aussie Michael:

I never purchased an Oppo but I did want to though. Quite disappointed to see it go.

You can still buy them.

I was at Camberwell on Saturday - they still have some left overs.

BeoNut since '75

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 7:52 PM

Not sure i understand.

You are  listening to some music on your Apple TV (connected to a BV), right? And you can add other rooms using Airplay 2 or Network Link "Join".

With a sound centre / bar, why wouldn't it work exactly the same? The Apple TV would be connected to either the sound centre directly, or the to the TV and the audio would travel via ARC to the sound centre.  

The sound centre would be Network Link and Airplay 2 capable, so not sure what the issue is.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

A ‘soundbar’ with inbuild sources (Deezer, TuneIn.....) will be much easier to handle, when you just want to listen to music - in that room or elsewhere on the NL-network - than the SmartTV is.

If you have to use the built-in apps there, you will have to activate the tv first. And to distribute the sound - B&O-wise - you would often have to use the Bang & Olufsen app anyway.

Using the UI of the Bang & Olufsen app seems to me much easier (and more elegant) than to use the UI of the tv to get to an app there.

Sure you can use the Deezer app or TuneIn on e.g. a BV14 - but I bet that those, who have an Essence/Core connected to or integrated with the 14 will solely use that via the Bang & Olufsen app.

How does an Eclipse owner use Deezer or TuneIn? Will he use the Sound Center/the Bang & Olufsen app/the BeoRemote One or will he use the apps on the tv navigating with the remote? Just a question!

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:22 PM
Sandyb:

Not sure i understand.

You are listening to some music on your Apple TV (connected to a BV), right? And you can add other rooms using Airplay 2 or Network Link "Join".

With a sound centre / bar, why wouldn't it work exactly the same? The Apple TV would be connected to either the sound centre directly, or the to the TV and the audio would travel via ARC to the sound centre.

The sound centre would be Network Link and Airplay 2 capable, so not sure what the issue is.

Good.

We both agree the sound centre should be NL capable.

The bit I added was to make the sound centre Deezer enabled (like the Core is). Then one could start music on the sound centre and have rooms join it. That way the TV does have to be on and you get a superior sound (flac) over iTunes.

I will admit I am in two minds over this ... adding Deezer etc will raise the cost of the sound centre Sad

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:27 PM
Millemissen:

A ‘soundbar’ with inbuild sources (Deezer, TuneIn.....) will be much easier to handle, when you just want to listen to music - in that room or elsewhere on the NL-network - than the SmartTV is.

If you have to use the built-in apps there, you will have to activate the tv first. And to distribute the sound - B&O-wise - you would often have to use the Bang & Olufsen app anyway.

Using the UI of the Bang & Olufsen app seems to me much easier (and more elegant) than to use the UI of the tv to get to an app there.

Sure you can use the Deezer app or TuneIn on e.g. a BV14 - but I bet that those, who have an Essence/Core connected to or integrated with the 14 will solely use that via the Bang & Olufsen app.

How does an Eclipse owner use Deezer or TuneIn? Will he use the Sound Center/the Bang & Olufsen app/the BeoRemote One or will he use the apps on the tv navigating with the remote? Just a question!

MM

Thank you MM you have explained my point very well.

And I have never had a true smart TV so I don’t know how stable their Apps are and how quickly they evolve.

My impression from this forum and shop demos and some friends is that smart tv apps are all sizzle with little juice and no meat.

I think cheaper devices like an ATV (I know, it’s not cheap anymore) provide a more flexible and adaptable platform.

(( of course that last statement argues for NOT putting Deezer into a sound centre Big Smile ))

BeoNut since '75

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:30 PM

Agreed, inbuilt Deezer and TuneIn, and maybe NAS music, would be nice.

I just suspect they won't include them. The thinking will be that "what's the point of adding a few such sources, when users will have many sources, including these, that will be covered elsewhere" and that "other B&O systems (BS1, 2 etc) can be used to start those experiences, and expanded to include the sound centre".

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,403 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:40 PM

Indeed, and i hopefully never articulated that it wouldn't be NL.

Please don't confuse some of the things i think won't be included, with what i would like to be included.

I'd love it to be very fully featured, with a fancy remote meaning i can put all others in a drawer etc etc.

But there will be compromises as ever, and evolutions too.

All i am suggesting is some caution with respect to certain expectations - be that Atmos vs just multi channel audio, PUC vs HDMI CEC, and a current style BR vs something more modest w.r.to physical remotes + a shift to voice / app control.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Agreed, inbuilt Deezer and TuneIn, and maybe NAS music, would be nice.

I just suspect they won't include them. The thinking will be that "what's the point of adding a few such sources, when users will have many sources, including these, that will be covered elsewhere" and that "other B&O systems (BS1, 2 etc) can be used to start those experiences, and expanded to include the sound centre".

As long as it ( = both of ‘my’ assumed versions) would be NL-enabled, you can still integrate a BS Core with it.

Perhaps the better solution.....although that would add to the cost, which is cons.

Pros = he who want to rely on an ATV (and AirPlay) connected to the t/the soundbarv, will save costs.

MM

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
225 Posts
Gold Member

Aussie Michael:

Jeff:

No, no LG BR player! We're back to our usual normal!

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Oppo is great player.Recently,I found one of the last new OPPO UDP 203 on ebay,relatively good price, 740€ plus 35€ postage.And I like hdmi-audio out only,plugged into Beosystem3.Mains hdmi out goes into tv.Also,Chromecast Ultra plugged into Oppo hdmi input.Fantastic video & audio...

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Page 5 of 6 (81 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL