rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 80 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,174 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sun, Oct 21 2018 1:40 PM

@Roger   Still no new products in the pipeline?

All Replies

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
419 Posts
Bronze Member

koning:

Mr 10Percent:

There is a new ultra high-end state-of-the-art digital media server that is matched to the BL90s coming out next month.

My dealer knows nothing about that

Well having waited so long for something decent to come out of the B&O stable, I went and purchased 3rd party. Wanna bet something now comes out of the blue?

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

Just looked at the B&O site today to check if the Eclipse offer (- 1.500 € for 55") was still on.

Seems that the BV14 is not sold anymore, only Eclipse and Horizon.

And no more Eclipse offer.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoGreg:

Just looked at the B&O site today to check if the Eclipse offer (- 1.500 € for 55") was still on.

Seems that the BV14 is not sold anymore, only Eclipse and Horizon.

So no more Avant either ?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,940 Posts
Bronze Member

I guess they keep the Horizon because of the sizes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,160 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:34 AM
Shame. I loved the design of the BV14/11.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,940 Posts
Bronze Member

How about a BV14, that you can look through:

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1540970187

Oh, wait.....that’s Samsung 😏

MM

Top 500 Contributor
152 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:48 PM

BeoGreg:

I've seen a few dealers who now offer - 1.500 € on another B&O product when buying the Eclipse at the same time.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

No more Avant, only two models at the moment.

So what's next, a new model or no model at all ?

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,265 Posts
Bronze Member
Beolab 8 is on the way. An A9 replacement. All I know I’m afraid.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
I wonder if the real reason (rumour) why the 14 and Avant is no more is because Samsung would no longer supply to B&O anymore after their relationship with LG?

I don’t see how you could not have 2 component suppliers, so the issue must be more deep than this.

I thought they were planning to run the Avant still in the larger sizes, so i guess not now.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend:

Beolab 8 is on the way. An A9 replacement. All I know I’m afraid. Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Be interesting if they call this a BeoLab because that signifies it’s a stand alone speaker. Maybe they will call it BeoSound 8 re hashing the old “Madonna” model name. They have re hashed model names / numbers before.
Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
719 Posts
Gold Member
Aussie Michael:

Be interesting if they call this a BeoLab because that signifies it’s a stand alone speaker. Maybe they will call it BeoSound 8 re hashing the old “Madonna” model name. They have re hashed model names / numbers before.

I heard there was in the works a B&O/Pro-Ject turntable collaboration that they are going to call the Beogram 3000.....
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,371 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Nov 2 2018 8:42 PM

Aussie Michael:
I wonder if the real reason (rumour) why the 14 and Avant is no more is because Samsung would no longer supply to B&O anymore after their relationship with LG?

I don’t see how you could not have 2 component suppliers, so the issue must be more deep than this.

I thought they were planning to run the Avant still in the larger sizes, so i guess not now.

I don't know, from what I've seen and heard of over the years, I wouldn't underestimate the kind of corporate trade wars and pettiness possible between LG and Samsung. If it was a case of B&O being a huge customer for Samsung I could see them living with B&O and LG even if they didn't like it, but you know B&O is a niche market for companies as large as the two Korean TV makers. It also may be due to B&O still wanting a certain panel type that Samsung is not willing to continue making for such a small volume retailer, in the cutthroat world of display panels these days they cut margins to the minimum, and keeping assembly likes open for things not many companies want to use cuts into margin.

Somewhat related, when I worked on one system there was only one supplier for a couple of critical but obsolete chips. Fully a quarter of them that allegedly passed high temperature testing failed when we tested them, so we were getting only at most three quarters of what we paid for. We complained, and they basically told us to go stuff ourselves, if we could find anyone else willing to make these obsolete parts for us go right ahead. Naturally when we redesigned parts of the system you can imagine the parts we designed out first, and they got no further business from us.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
Growler that sounds like a good product to be in the mix

Jeff - I think I would have taken the same approach

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,940 Posts
Bronze Member

Wouldn’t be the first BeoGram 3000

http://www.bremdal-radio.dk/webshop/brugt-b-og-o/lyd/beogram/beogram-3000-thorens/

http://www.bremdal-radio.dk/webshop/brugt-b-og-o/lyd/beogram/beogram-3000-264225/

Why not call it a Pro-Gram 3000.....

.....or buy one of the many preowned B&O turntables, that are on the market.

MM

Page 2 of 6 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL