Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Mico
Not Ranked
Finland
13 Posts
Founder
Mico posted on Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:46 PM

hello all,

I need temporarily to connect analogue speakers to my BS9000. I have a spare MCL2P and CX100s plus several types of PL-cables available

If I connect a BL2 to the BS it works fine but the MCL2P and both CXs are mute. If I connect the MCL2P directly to the BS it stops responding to the remote totally

Does BS9000 work with MCL2P at all? If it should work, what I am possibly doing wrong?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,026 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:52 PM
Verified by kallasr

The Powerlink cable to the MCL2P must be a fully wired Mk2 version for this to work correctly. 

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,026 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:52 PM
Verified by kallasr

The Powerlink cable to the MCL2P must be a fully wired Mk2 version for this to work correctly. 

Mico
Not Ranked
Finland
13 Posts
Founder
Mico replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:16 PM

Thanks,

tried and found a solution. Not perfect but a workaround anyway. Routing through BL2 does not seem to work at all. If the MCL2P is directly connected to the BS with a MKI cable and BL2 with a separate PL cable I get a working solution.

Mark II cable did not work, though tried it only to connect the MCL2P with CX100s to the BL2.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,907 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Mico,

Sometimes it can be tricky to be sure if your cable is a fully wired mk.2 version, with all 8 pins connected.  MCL2P will only function correctly on a fully wired cable.  You are welcome to try one of these fully wired cables to see if it resolves the issue, simply return it in good condition for a refund of the purchase price if you don't get the results you need:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/23-319-powerlink-mk-2-compatible-black-8-pin-din-cable-with-fully-wired-8-cores.html#/9-length-18m

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL