Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Bram
Not Ranked
Boxtel, Netherlands
33 Posts
Bronze Member
Bram posted on Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:51 AM

Hello everyone,

Does anyone happen to know or can readily measure the diameter and thickness of the lid belt of a 3500/4500 beogram cd/beocord? I have one slipping. I´m abroad and can´t find the size on the net but I´m ordering parts this weekend and want to include a belt.

Thanks in advance, Bram.

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,058 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Oct 13 2018 5:14 PM

Belt sizes as well as elasticity and friction specs are generally not disclosed by B&O but
I can supply the correct belt.
PM or email me. 

Martin 

Bram
Not Ranked
Boxtel, Netherlands
33 Posts
Bronze Member
Bram replied on Mon, Jun 24 2019 5:20 PM

I finally got around to it:

The original belt is round, a thickness diameter of 1,5 mm and a belt diameter smaller than 35 mm. A new original depending on elasticity(the old one has very little left), likely measures between 30 to 33 mm diameter. The closest round one I found locally was a round 1,2 mm thickness 35 mm. Purely on better friction I hoped it may save me, but no. 

The next closest was a square 1,5 mm,  32,5 mm diameter. I was worried it might start twisting immediately, but after some testing it proved flawless. 

Tension is nothing special and may well be less than an original belt at 32,5 mm, so no the motor wear does not worry me.

It may not last another 30 years, if this really was the frst belt, but for €1,02 (I assume I can´t tell where I bought it?) I´m not complaining. 

Happy listening.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL