Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

What has happened to Australian showrooms

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

paddy2042
Top 500 Contributor
Newtown NSW Australia
200 Posts
Founder
paddy2042 posted on Sat, Oct 13 2018 6:34 AM

It looks as thiough the plug has been pulled on Australian outlets .seems they will be under new management if and when they reopen. I guess B&O staff are out of jobs. Not a good look for the brand. Does anyone what is going on?

paddy

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member
Gday.

There’s a new Australian distributor coming on board. There is likely to be a showroom opening in Melbourne in the very near future.

In the meantime if you’re in Melbourne there is a showroom from Premium Sound in St KILDA which is setup very nicely. They have other brands but their focus is B&O as soon as you open the front door.

There is an existing thread as well on this.

I can’t answer for Sydney but Brissy and Adelaide are shut now. And there is the concession in DJs.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member
Ah 2042 so then I’m guessing Sydney. King Street is open but only for a few days more I think.
Chris
Not Ranked
Auckland NZ
8 Posts
Silver Member
Answered (Not Verified) Chris replied on Sat, Oct 13 2018 8:26 AM
Suggested by Chris

An email I received from B&O

Dear valued Bang & Olufsen customer,

Thank you for your continued support towards Bang & Olufsen.

We would like to inform you that Kennedy Luxury Group will no longer hold distribution of Bang & Olufsen. Bang & Olufsen has with immediate effect appointed MJ Invest Pte Ltd as master dealer of the Australian and New Zealand network.

Kindly note that with this change, there will be changes in current store locations that may have an impact on you and your existing Bang & Olufsen product. For an updated listing of Bang & Olufsen retailers closest to you, please visit https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/find-store.

In the meantime, should you need any support with your existing products, please also feel free to reach out to our service partners.

SEE SERVICE PARTNERS HERE
For all other enquiries, please contact us at anz@beostore.com, and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

We look forward to the relaunch of Bang & Olufsen in Australia and New Zealand, and look forward to serving you at our new locations.

Yours sincerely,

Bang & Olufsen

paddy2042
Top 500 Contributor
Newtown NSW Australia
200 Posts
Founder

I guess what worries me the most is sacked staff. There were several very knowledgeable people working in B&O and I am guessing their expertise is not valued by the company and they will have to get other jobs. This is normally the behaviour of these companies. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Exactly.  I am in the same boat, worried about the staff. 

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
345 Posts
Gold Member

I Believe there are a few interested parties looking at getting stores up and running in cities where existing stores were. Keep an eye out over the next 2-6 months.

Surely some staff will re appear, they are valuable people! Without them there is no point having a store

Premium Sound in Melbourne are a great destination with the complete range(minus 90's)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL