This post has 174 Replies | 7 Followers

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 2:10 PM
welzoli:

since IOS 12 sound settings are not saved. Power off the H8 will reset any sound settings which are previously set by the app back to default.

I have the same behavior on my H5 and I link it to the latest headset firmware update. I have a ticket opened with Beocare who was able to recreate the issue but they didn’t engage themselves in any plan for resolution, just a comment that it works for other products ....

BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Hi guys

Sorry for the long silence. I will try to answer your questions here let me know if I missed any

@Dyssegaard: Beolit 12 is categorized the same as a Playmaker or A9 MKI since it uses hotspot setup. It confused some users in the app, that a wifi product couldn't do BeoLink. We removed it to avoid confusion.  

@Dyssegaard: Regarding the release notes, you are absolutely right. I will be more detailed going forward. We have not had time for the integrated setup issues for a while. We will investigate this month. 

@John: We are looking into adding speaker groups and stand control to the remote features. Not sure about the sounds modes though, I will investigate. 

@Wetzoli: This doesn't sound like an app issue but an issue with the H8, I will report this one. Regarding the settings not being saved we have a bug on this already and we are looking into it.

Thanks

Thomas

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
welzoli:

Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE I unfortunately need to confirm the same problems also with the latest non beta release: - I think it's after I installed IOS 12 - since this, my H8 crashes if I open the B&O app and change any sound settings while not playing any Music (H8 is only connected via BT). Sounds curious, but if I try to change any settings for the H8 while playing music, everthing went fine. Need to pull the battery out of the H8 to reset these and get them back to work...otherwise they are completely unresponsive 😒 Latest firmware already installed - my hope was, that this new beta app version will fix that issue, but it‘s still there. - since IOS 12 sound settings are not saved. Power off the H8 will reset any sound settings which are previously set by the app back to default. So setup the sound control to ‚clear‘, it‘s applied to the H8, but powering the headphone off and on, the H8 sounds different...opening the app shows that my H8 is working without any sound setup. I think this is since IOS 12...not sure, but I never noticed such issues any time before. Appreciate your help!

I can confirm that I have all the same issues with my H8 on the latest version of the app (2.1.0.16291). The problems may also have been present in earlier versions, because I didn’t try to change settings when not playing, before I saw your description today.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

jrodrigo
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
jrodrigo replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:49 PM

Why isn´t Beoplay S3 in the new App??

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 1:10 PM
New beta today!

Colours for the M5 are back!

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 6:27 PM

Hello MrAndersen

please integrate the sleep timer function on the main alarm menu....

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Tue, Nov 13 2018 6:27 PM

Hello MrAndersen

please integrate the sleep timer function on the main alarm menu....

tlvnvlt
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
tlvnvlt replied on Mon, Nov 26 2018 9:03 PM

Hi Thomas,

I was wondering if the feature 'next cd' for the combination Beolink Converter NL/ML convert and Beosysteem 9000 can be build into the app? I know it was working via the BeoRemote app(Which is not there anymore); but to go to the next CD with the 'Bang & Olufsen' app i need to tap 'next song' a few to continue. For example a double tap on the next button?

Is it correct that this is only a software change within the app? Or does this require a complete change on the converter? 

Please let me now if this would be technically possible? Or not? I really enjoy the pearl of a Beosysteem 9000. But this is the only missing big feature. 

Best Regards,

Tijl

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 916
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 2:34 AM
It would be great to have more remote functions for the televisions. IE sleep and menu

Otherwise I still enjoy using the app!
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 9:41 PM
New version software

Not knowing what the new feature meant I just pressed |> to play whatever

I think I have new info “Bluetooth”

But I can’t find which device is serving up these tracks (yes they are mine)

Any ideas ?

BeoNut since '75

andybandy
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

I also sondering what the new function mean.. some one that can tell us?:)

andybandy
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

I also sondering what the new function mean.. some one that can tell us?:)

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 783
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:13 AM

tlvnvlt:
feature 'next cd' for the combination Beolink Converter NL/ML and Beosysteem 9000
press a digit 1 to 6

Luke
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Sat, Dec 1 2018 1:36 PM

Not sure if this is the right thread... But it would be great if the next App-update will support the form factor for the new iPad Pro 11". Now there are black borders both on top and on the sides and it looks weird. An easy fix I assume so would be great in the next app-update and the ability to use the full screen real estate.

tlvnvlt
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
tlvnvlt replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 9:56 AM

But where in the 'Bang and Olufsen' app do I find the digit keyboard? Hopefully, I am looking over it; because indeed that should 'solve' the problem.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 1:33 PM
Searching Deezer is freezing the latest beta app. Anybody else?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 1:56 PM

Same here!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 2:30 PM

+1 for new iPad Pro support.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 3:29 PM
Same here - completely bricks the app!

What on earth happened!?!
mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Dec 2 2018 5:55 PM
Another one (maybe not new): Deezer sorting choice is not preserved for any favorite thing (Artists, Tracks or Albums). It always defaults to Sort by Artist.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Hi guys

We will have a fix for the Deezer issues for you today. Creating bugs for them now and will keep you posted. I will create a new thread with the 2.2 release later.

Br

Thomas 

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 7:47 PM
Deezer search fixed

Deezer favorite lists always defaulting to “by artist name” sorting, is it by design or is it a bug?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Sorry for the one day delay on the Deezer search, we had some issues getting the fix out. Will look into the sort order next

abyss
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Gold Member
abyss replied on Tue, Dec 4 2018 8:57 PM

I still can't play Deezer music in random mode if it's played by Eclipse.

When I try to customize the colour on my A9 there is no option for the official silver cover. 

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

I have to agree with this post. I am a UX designer for the last 19 years and have made my share of app and website interfaces. 

This app is far too minimal and full of mystery meat navigation. Stop focusing on reproducing the look and feel of real remotes and minimal interfaces thinking it matches the hardware. The #1 goal should be to make it functional before stylized. 

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 7:59 AM
Agreed - I've said many times that basic functions often require 3 or 4 taps.

Even the recently added TV remote section is cumbersome to access, given how buried beneath the product it is.

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 117
Silver Member
jimcaj replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:58 AM
Some app observations

Nidi
Not Ranked
Posts 28
Bronze Member
Nidi replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 12:35 PM

Please integate the sleep timer function to the main menu in the alarm section...pls....

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

@jimcaj

1: in the black bar your M5 is showed as playing.

2: The M5 is light grey in the list at the bottom - which means that it is active.

3: Totally agree - this is a no go!

Personally I have configured the nearby and popular station not to be showed (that they are there again, next time I open the app is a well known bug!!!)

It is not understandable why a greater number of favorites can’t be shown there - only when you press the dots they are shown (as a list).

Has been so forever - things the app team doesn’t focus on....apparently 😕

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 117
Silver Member
jimcaj replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 4:58 PM
@MM

1 & 2) See - that’s what’s confusing:

No, the M5 is *not* playing. The M5 is the currently selected product. And it correctly shouldn’t play. Never asked it to.

The A6, is the product that is playing. As it should. I asked it to, prior to selecting the M5.

So, if I’m correct. Here, there is no way to see what product is currently playing. Other than selecting them one by one and see what is reported back to the gui.

This must be by design. Don’t think products are reporting what they are doing, when not selected. Could have been switched off via buttons on the product itself. Then what, gui-wise.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 5:14 PM

completely agree - a good example of the lack of clarity in the way the app works.

I and others have raised many times before the unused space on the Product screen - it could be used for a number of things cleanly - but nothing has happened. 

And as someone else previously posted, having a minimal nice (-ish) looking app doesnt mean its terribly useful or efficient to use.

Another example being the recently added TV remote section, which takes too many presses to access.  

If a BV is selected on the Product page, the black bar at the bottom should expand to the BV remote page(s).

But its taken something like a year and half to get where we are, so i have limited expectations of meaningful improvements to usability.

My main use case with the App is to switch on a BV before i get into the room (don't ask) - beyond that, the BR One is quicker.

In fact, now that i have paired my BR One with my A9, i now use that to control the A9 (where i have the choice).

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 5:20 PM
jimcaj:

So, if I’m correct. Here, there is no way to see what product is currently playing. Other than selecting them one by one and see what is reported back to the gui.

Your observation is correct and I agree that the indication of which device is currently playing as wells as the multiroom role when applicable is a must.

IMO, application should start with a simplified list of your products, excluding BT only products, showing for each of them what’s source is being played (when applicable), with the option of stopping/pausing/playing a “...” link to other options such as configuration.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 5:29 PM

Completely agree.

We have both suggested including the "..."  whether that 3 dots expands to source selection, or something else.

But that was 6 months ago, so its not as if anyone is listening.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

jimcaj:
@MM

And what happens when you push the Multiroom button?

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:26 PM

Millemissen:
And what happens when you push the Multiroom button?

It displays the multiroom group status of the selected product.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 8:38 PM

Doing that doesn't tell you what is playing on each product.

Does not answer the initial question posed.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Was just a question - since I am not at home, I could not test it myself.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

These questions seem to be very user case related.

I use one product (maybe with one or more joined products).

Therefore my focus is the now playing screen - to visualise what I am listening to and to conrol it.

Others seem to be more concerned about, what each of their products is playing....and therefore have the product screen as their priority.

MM

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Dec 5 2018 9:02 PM

Indeed they are, and a good summary.

A well designed app should be robust to more than the more simple use case.

And that leaves aside the inefficiencies in the app.

Page 4 of 5 (175 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL