This post has 174 Replies | 7 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 11:10 PM
MrAndersen:

We have a couple of H8s here at the office and they do not display this behavior. The number you see is the MAC address we use this instead of the missing serial.

We only read values from the headphones, the only writes we do is for ToneTouch.

I suspect that the software in them crash somehow. We have had other sets where we needed to remove the battery to bring them back to life. Perhaps you should try to update them using this: https://www.beoplay.com/en/support/product-support/beoplay-updater

Thanks for serial number explanation.

I would have hoped I could stream music from the iPhone to the H8s “using” the App ... I can select my iPhone’s local iTunes downloaded library and play it to the Essence and/or my Core ...

but to get the same music to the H8 I need to go to the Apple Music App and select its AirPlay icon.

I’ll test with the recharged H8s.

After that I’ll check the software level of the H8.

I had updated it only 6 weeks ago but no harm in a double check.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 11:35 PM
OK.

Recharging.

App can find the H8. Yay !

Playing music to H8 via Apple Music from my iPhone’s downloaded cached songs 😠

Using the tone touch while the music is playing I can detect subtle tone changes.

Playing music to H8 from Apple TV ... I can detect touch tone changes (different song so only with some difficulty)

Unfortunately the H8s are not announced as having AirPlay2 support so Apple’s HomeKit and therefore HomePod don’t recognise them. (Whereas the Essence and the Core are).

I’ll check the H8s’ firmware update later.

BeoNut since '75

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 11:38 PM
elephant:

OK.

Recharging.

App can find the H8. Yay !

Playing music to H8 via Apple Music from my iPhone’s downloaded cached songs 😠

Using the tone touch while the music is playing I can detect subtle tone changes.

Playing music to H8 from Apple TV ... I can detect touch tone changes (different song so only with some difficulty)

Unfortunately the H8s are not announced as having AirPlay2 support so Apple’s HomeKit and therefore HomePod don’t recognise them. (Whereas the Essence and the Core are).

I’ll check the H8s’ firmware update later. BeoNut since '75

They’re Bluetooth headphones, they’ll never get AirPlay 1 let alone 2?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:11 AM
Jon:

They’re Bluetooth headphones, they’ll never get AirPlay 1 let alone 2?

Be that as it may ... I am still a little niggled that the App can’t be more inclusive of all B&O’s products even if they are from the BeoPlay stable.

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

And I am ‘niggled’ that they included anything that is not NL/multiroom.

Might be good for setting up things, but not for managing playback.

In daily use it is confusing ( = not simple) to have all these products in the same app.

If I use my bt devices for playback, I’ll have to use an external app anyway - and settings are rarely done with these devices.

However, maybe I am the only one there?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 7:56 AM
Millemissen:

Not at all.

I too am questioning the value if it is not the whole experience.

BeoNut since '75

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 328
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 8:06 AM
elephant:

Not at a

Fully concur. No added value having the bt deviced in the App since you can only play via a third party App.
Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 301
Founder
Yendys replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 9:33 PM

I like the App consolidation, one place to go same look and feel. I found a little issue with the battery reading from H9i. The App showed 36% just moments before the H9i’s ran out of battery Unsure

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 2:48 AM
Yendys:

I found a little issue with the battery reading from H9i. The App showed 36% just moments before the H9i’s ran out of battery

I’ll do some checking ... since the iPhone’s status bar also tracks my H8’s battery level.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 5:42 AM
@Yendys @MrAnderson

Yes, there is an H8 battery usage tracking & reporting problem.

BeoNut since '75

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:10 AM
Looks good to me.

Headphones 100% as shown by the small vertical black bar. iPhone at 57% as shown by the text and horizontal bar.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 9:47 AM
ngnear:

Looks good to me.

Headphones 100% as shown by the small vertical black bar. iPhone at 57% as shown by the text and horizontal bar.

😳

Oh dear

How embarrassing!

🤣

BeoNut since '75

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:02 AM
Is there any way to rearrange the list of radio favourites? If not this is a feature request!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,022
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:46 AM
ngnear:

Is there any way to rearrange the list of radio favourites? If not this is a feature request!

You reorder them from Tunein webpage.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

.....go to Favorites, open your Favorite Folder and simply rearrange.

This is the order, that you will see in the Bang & Olufsen app afterwards - and this is then stored in the devices.

MM

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:40 AM
Thanks for that. I actually used the TuneIn App to rearrange the favourites list. The B&O App updated almost instantly.

Problem solved!
bs206
Not Ranked
Posts 48
Bronze Member
bs206 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 10:24 AM

It will be nice if it's possible to play Deezer/DLNA music directly from the B&O App on the headphonesCool.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

You can find the answer (from Mr Andersen) to that wish on the previous page.

MM

bs206
Not Ranked
Posts 48
Bronze Member
bs206 replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:44 PM

Millemissen:

You can find the answer (from Mr Andersen) to that wish on the previous page.

MM

Thanks, shame on me.

Disappointing it's not possible.... How smooth is it, to control everything by one app. Even outdoor on the 4G network (headphones only off-course).

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

The notes of the just released beta version says:

Settings only products moved out of home’.

Thanks for that ;-))

You can still access these in Settings (the little gear symbol above the products in Home View) and then under Products.

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2018 7:38 PM

Interesting .... after the update to the latest code, my home page has not changed, H5 and A1 still where they were.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

Interesting .... after the update to the latest code, my home page has not changed, H5 and A1 still where they were.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

My Beolit 12 is no longer on my home page, but my H8 and A1 are still present. I think the logic behind this is, that I still need easy access to the ToneTouch settings ...

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Dyssegaard:

My Beolit 12 is no longer on my home page, but my H8 and A1 are still present. I think the logic behind this is, that I still need easy access to the ToneTouch settings ...

But wouldn’t that mean, that almost all products still would be on the Home screen?

By the way - do you really open the app, when using/playing to the H8 and the A1?

I definitely would not - but ok, if someone needs to play around with the Tone Touch settings, it may be understandable 🤔

MM

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Hi guys

This only removes the products that has nothing but web pages for configuration A8, Playmaker, Beolit 12 and A9 MKI. This is the first step, a better separation between network products and bluetooth products is coming later. 

Br

Thomas

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:24 AM
I have filed a ticket for the text font clipping on the rows in the App. Not sure if it was there before this update, but I only spotted it today.

BeoNut since '75

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,022
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Oct 24 2018 9:42 PM
elephant:

I have filed a ticket for the text font clipping on the rows in the App. Not sure if it was there before this update, but I only spotted it today.

BeoNut since '75

Sharp eyes!

Good find.

I can see it also now when you pointed it out.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2018 9:19 AM

Millemissen:

Speaking of the Now Playing screen - that is what I see as the basic screen in the app.

I'm curious - I rarely use the Now Playing screen. I use the App to select the music I want to play and to add/remove multiroom-speakers and now for television control when I'm watching from a place where I don't have a Beo4 at hand.

For toggling between songs/radio stations and volume control I use the native iOS-controls.

I also have the clipping issue on 2.1.0.16039 (see screenshots).

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

On my iPad I have no clipping of the upper part of the text....

....probably an iPhone issue 😉

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Oct 28 2018 8:57 PM
Clipping appears fixed with latest release which has iOS 12 fixes

BeoNut since '75

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 97
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2018 6:54 AM

Yes, here too. Still can't add my H7 though!

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
Version 2.1.0.16282:

@MrAndersen - Release notes only states “Bug fixes”. As beta tester I would like to have a bit more detailed info.

However, I have testet the DLNA cover art feature when playing music from my NAS.

When playing on my BV11/Core integrated setup, there is no cover art displayed in the Now Playing window although cover art is present when the songs are selected (screen shots below)

When the same is playing on my M5 cover art is present in the Now Playing window (screen shots below)

This problem on the BV11/Core may have been present on the latest few versions, but I have seen DLNA cover art here earlier on in the beta test.

Again - please add more detailed info on what to test when releasing new beta versions Wink

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,081
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard:

Version 2.1.0.16282:

@MrAndersen - Release notes only states “Bug fixes”. As beta tester I would like to have a bit more detailed info.

However, I have testet the DLNA cover art feature when playing music from my NAS.

When playing on my BV11/Core integrated setup, there is no cover art displayed in the Now Playing window although cover art is present when the songs are selected (screen shots below)

When the same is playing on my M5 cover art is present in the Now Playing window (screen shots below)

This problem on the BV11/Core may have been present on the latest few versions, but I have seen DLNA cover art here earlier on in the beta test.

Again - please add more detailed info on what to test when releasing new beta versions Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Dys... would the app work that you don’t need the core integrated with the BV11 or will you always need it integrated?

Thanks

M
Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Dys... would the app work that you don’t need the core integrated with the BV11 or will you always need it integrated?

Thanks

M

I will always need to have the Core integrated, because it shares the speakers with the BV11. Furthermore it turns on the BV11 when I select the Core from my Spotify app, and I can control the volume and playback directly from the lock screen of my phone (very convenient).

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,081
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard:

I will always need to have the Core integrated, because it shares the speakers with the BV11. Furthermore it turns on the BV11 when I select the Core from my Spotify app, and I can control the volume and playback directly from the lock screen of my phone (very convenient). Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

😎👍🏼
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,081
Bronze Member
Have you thought about having a “now playing” area at the bottom of the app ie where the Products, Music, Radio etc is

For example, if I engage the A9 via the app on my iPhone and then physically tap the BS1 they are therefore connected via NL

Later on if i can’t find my iPhone and i pick up my iPad and hop into the app, i can’t see what is currently playing

I can see if i click on a device, and i can see in the products that there is a link button but i might not know what is connected to what if i have a big place
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,081
Bronze Member
... by the way I am not on the app beta, just a suggestion. Apologies if it is already covered.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

@Michael

Would be difficult, since you can have 2 or even more streams playing simultaneously on a NL setup.

MM

tigerisak
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 85
Bronze Member

Bumbing my question regarding Apple Shortcut integration. Would be great if you could make a widget to close the Homekit curtains, dimm the light and startup the tv and Netflix.

John
Top 200 Contributor
Australia
Posts 312
Bronze Member
John replied on Sun, Nov 11 2018 9:31 AM

Yesterday saw me having to restore/reinstall the OS on my iPad, as it has been playing up for a few days, constantly rebooting etc.

Being an older iPad the earlier B&O remote app works on it just fine, and is my main method of controlling my system.

Whilst the iPad was being reformatted I used the latest B&O app on my iPhone running IOS 12.1 and the Beo4 to control my system.

Despite being probably the worlds best infra red hand held remote control, I still personally prefer a touch pad app to a 'stick' remote.

The new B&O app on the iPhone is nice, but lacks the ability to easily access speaker groups and sound modes - other than through the setup menu on the TV.  Also there is no way to picture mute whilst listening to music.

Are these features being considered to be added, or is the app going to be left with only superficial functions compared to either the Beo 4 or the previous B&O remote app which was and is, excellent?

I don't have access to the beta version either, so if these facilities are planned to be offered - fantastic.  If not, please do so for those of us who prefer to use an app and touch screen than a stick remote, and bring the new app in line with what was offered and worked really well on the previous B&O remote app.

Many thanks

John.. :-)

welzoli
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
welzoli replied on Mon, Nov 12 2018 1:14 PM

Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE

I unfortunately need to confirm the same problems also with the latest non beta release:

- I think it's after I installed IOS 12 - since this, my H8 crashes if I open the B&O app and change any sound settings while not playing any Music (H8 is only connected via BT). Sounds curious, but if I try to change any settings for the H8 while playing music, everthing went fine. Need to pull the battery out of the H8 to reset these and get them back to work...otherwise they are completely unresponsive
😒
Latest firmware already installed - my hope was, that this new beta app version will fix that issue, but it‘s still there.

- since IOS 12 sound settings are not saved. Power off the H8 will reset any sound settings which are previously set by the app back to default. So setup the sound control to ‚clear‘, it‘s applied to the H8, but powering the headphone off and on, the H8 sounds different...opening the app shows that my H8 is working without any sound setup.

I think this is since IOS 12...not sure, but I never noticed such issues any time before.

Appreciate your help!

Page 3 of 5 (175 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL