Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Bang & Olufsen App 2.0 is open for beta testing

rated by 0 users
This post has 174 Replies | 7 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

I'm sorry but I cannot help on the H5 issue, the best I can do is to ask in our task system if this is going to be fixed. 

As for H8 problems does it not find it at all or does it fail later? Could I ask you to submit a ticket from your phones then I will take a look at the logs. 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
MrAndersen:

As for H8 problems does it not find it at all or does it fail later? Could I ask you to submit a ticket from your phones then I will take a look at the logs.

It fails in the last step.

I’ve tested various value parts and various device types so I am confident with that assessment.

The fix I applied has changed (made longer) the period of the Bluetooth pairing process but that made no difference.

My last thought for me to revert the name of my device to the standard B&O name.

If that fails I will submit.

BeoNut since '75

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

For the H8 it fails in the last step after I have selected the colour. I will try once more and submit a ticket from my phone.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
Dyssegaard:

For the H8 it fails in the last step after I have selected the colour. I will try once more and submit a ticket from my phone.

That’s the same for me.

Had you renamed your H8 ?

BeoNut since '75

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
elephant:

That’s the same for me.

Had you renamed your H8 ? BeoNut since '75

No. I have only tried to change the colour. I have just now tried again without changing anything at all, and I still get the same error message. I have also submitted a ticket via the app, so hopefully that will help to clarify the problem.

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
Renaming the H8 to the factory name had no effect.

I had to use the “old” BeoPlay App and delete the Bluetooth settings.

BeoNut since '75

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Pinch/Zoom gesture has been disabled for the headphones by request of the acoustical engineers. Apparently it could make them sound pretty bad. This is now only supported by the speakers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

@elephant: Could you submit a ticket so that I can check your logs?

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:46 AM
MrAndersen:

Pinch/Zoom gesture has been disabled for the headphones by request of the acoustical engineers. Apparently it could make them sound pretty bad. This is now only supported by the speakers

So you need to revisit the Commute preset tone (from my H5):

BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:01 AM
MrAndersen:

could you add an “off” ToneTouch preset then please? Some of the presets use huge circles that we now can’t shrink and then drag to the middle to disable Smile
tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
Posts 126
Bronze Member
tph replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 12:27 PM

MrAndersen:

Thanks, I was wondering if there was a reason like this. It makes perfect sense – after all, headphones are always stereo, so there's no need to artificially add spaciousness to the sound.

andybandy
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

When could we save Presets of ToneTouch in H9/H9i? as you can in the Beoplay app? You can only chose about the already Presets (Comute, clear, workout, Podcast) but cannot make your own differenct presets. 

andybandy
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member

As another say her, how to off the Presets you chose, its not work to tap again, to off it. When you go into tonetoch "wheel" you can press in the middle, and put it off, but still the one presets you chose before is mark black. 

So her we need a change, how it work. together with save your own presets as in the beoplay app. :) 

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

The version just released has a potential fix for the H8. Let me know if it works, if not please send in logs by submitting a ticket.

We're disabling presets for headphones until this is resolved, this is not in the latest version but will be in the next.

Saving presets will is on the roadmap and will be added later.  

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

The version just released has a potential fix for the H8. Let me know if it works, if not please send in logs by submitting a ticket.

We're disabling presets for headphones until this is resolved, this is not in the latest version but will be in the next.

Saving presets will is on the roadmap and will be added later.

2.0.0.15583: Still no luck when trying to add my H8. I get the same error message as before Sad.

I have submitted a new ticket via the app.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
Dyssegaard:

2.0.0.15583: Still no luck when trying to add my H8. I get the same error message as before .

I have submitted a new ticket via the app.

No luck for me either.

I can’t find the old method for sending logs ... I have sent a “contact support” however I suspect it has no logs attached.

BeoNut since '75

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

So I have just discovered that some H8's do not have a serial number. That means that they are rejected in setup. We will have a workaround for this but it involves cloud services which means it will not be until some time next week. 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

So I have just discovered that some H8's do not have a serial number. That means that they are rejected in setup. We will have a workaround for this but it involves cloud services which means it will not be until some time next week.

Thank you Thomas - I’m looking forward to test the solution Smile

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
Dyssegaard:

MrAndersen:

Thank you Thomas - I’m looking forward to test the solution

MrA: That’s good news !

I bought mine in San Francisco.

Was it a market difference ? Or an early shipment phenomenon?

PS I am at a conference on UX/UI ... you guys should be speakers next year: on the value of clients as Beta testers !

BeoNut since '75

laseralex
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Bronze Member

elephant:

PS I am at a conference on UX/UI ... you guys should be speakers next year: on the value of clients as Beta testers!

Honestly, they should attend the conference as students to learn about UX/UI.

While I appreciate greatly all the effort MrAndersen and the other fine Software Engineers at B&O are putting in to make the software stable and effective, it seems that their UX designers are asleep on the job.

The amount of jumping around I need to do to get from place to place in the app is ridiculous.  Why can't we have "always there" buttons so I can get from the multiroom volume control page straight to radio channel selection page?  (I just counted 4 steps to get there!)

Also notice that the last two are consistent in control positions and color scheme and but the first two are not.  Three different control positions and color schemes in 4 pages!

And why do I have to choose to either see what my products are or be able to change their volume?

All the the icons on each product row waste space and therefore add extra steps for control.  And "Multiroom" and "Master Bedroom" both appear at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page, eating up valuable screen space with redundant information.

Here's a simplified version of this screen which I assembled in less than 30 minutes using cut-and-paste in MS paint:

This single screen:

• Allows me to see what individual device I'm changing volume on
  • Adds a whole-group volume control at the top
  • Adds station (or track) forward and back buttons to the station/track block above bottom row buttons
  • Provides more space for station or track information in the station/track block
  • Still allows me to add or remove Multiroom products (by tapping the name or preferably by dragging items in and out of the gray area)

If I (an electronic circuit designer, not a UX/UI Designer) can throw this together in 30 minutes using MS Paint, just imagine what we could get from the interface designers of the (V2) Moment software, or better yet from the interface designers of the Moment and the Essence Remote hardware!

I know that MrAndersen is dealing with a lot of technical fixes under the hood, and has inherited a mountain of legacy code he needs to bring up to date.  But it just seems silly to me that B&O - a company who has built its entire legacy on having beautiful devices that are easy to use - would allow such a clunky UI to be the only interface to their music products.  I really hope MrAndersen gets the support needed to make the B&O App's user interface as usable as it is pretty.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
Posts 126
Bronze Member
tph replied on Sun, Oct 7 2018 11:40 AM

laseralex:

If I (an electronic circuit designer, not a UX/UI Designer) can throw this together in 30 minutes using MS Paint, just imagine what we could get from the interface designers of the (V2) Moment software, or better yet from the interface designers of the Moment and the Essence Remote hardware!

Note that you are viewing the UI on a Plus-sized device – the team has to ensure a consistent experience across all of the different sizes, all the way down to the 4-inch size class. Of course, this is not an excuse to not improve things, and I personally think you have some good ideas there.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 7 2018 12:52 PM
I have made this point repeatedly - too many taps to achieve simple things.

See the earlier discussion where some of us suggested adding at least a few basic functions / controls to the Product page with the now big icons /rows. Those product rows have enough space now to add on/off, 3 dots for the source list etc.

Spending most of your time on the Now Playing screen is OK for music, not for TV. The expandable black bar should expand to the remote page, now that remote functionality is in the app. Fuller device control can be achieved from a Now Playing screen - that doesn't need to conflict with adding some basic control to the Product rows on that page.

In the end I use the app a lot, but mainly for activating devices in other rooms to where I am. That saves me time a bit, otherwise a Beoremote 1 is much better, at least for TV operating.

As said before - the true test of usability is "can basic things be done without 3-4 taps ". Too often right now the answer is no.

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member

I would welcome this solution, as i also use different NL-Products in different Places (Home, Holiday Home, ...). Currently I help myself with two different accounts, but i don't like the login-logout-process. Otherwise there should be a Account-Management.

Forthermore i don't understand the shuffle-mode. Also in Version 2 it doesn't work, but who wants du hear his Deezer-playlists every time in the same order? And why is it shown when it doesn't work?

I also think, that the fist thing you should see, is what music you want to hear. Especially in the iPad landscape-Mode you could show the devices on the left and the Music on the right-side (not the control-functions).

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member

tph:

Jon:

Yeah exactly, neither option is simple though unfortunately (two apps is the opposite of simple, and one app but a mess isn't simple either). Maybe the ability to hide certain devices from the home screen would be a good idea (like with Windows Phone, you could pin/un-pin/rearrange "tiles" on the home screen) - this would give users the option to have everything in one place if they want it, or hide Bluetooth devices away in another menu if that's what they want too.

It could be a simple "star" toggle for each product, and then another toggle in the product list would switch between Favourites and All products.

Alternatively, it could be automatic, assuming it doesn't get confusing: instead of manually managing which products will be shown, the app could dynamically display the products that are currently available. Have the rest in All products section. This would give the center stage to the products that are always online on the network, with Bluetooth products coming and going as they're used. If you're connected to an A1, show it, if not, hide it.

I would welcome this solution, as i also use different NL-Products in different Places (Home, Holiday Home, ...). Currently I help myself with two different accounts, but i don't like the login-logout-process. Otherwise there should be a Account-Management.

Forthermore i don't understand the shuffle-mode. Also in Version 2 it doesn't work, but who wants du hear his Deezer-playlists every time in the same order? And why is it shown when it doesn't work?

I also think, that the fist thing you should see, is what music you want to hear. Especially in the iPad landscape-Mode you could show the devices on the left and the Music on the right-side (not the control-functions).

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Spending most of your time on the Now Playing screen is OK for music, not for TV. 

For sure, there are many (different) user cases.

But I am with you on that one....almost.

I still don’t get the necessity for pulling the tv control features (from the BeoRemote app) into the app.

Or should I say, I don’t understand the focus, that some users have on this.

I don’t control my tv with an app - for this I have the best remote in the world.......

.....why should I pull out my iPhone/iPad and open the app just to change a tv program or change sources?

And if my wife would want to do this, should I then hand over the (read my) device to her - or should she also have the app on her iPhone/iPad?

No way - she simply grabs the physical remote and - if necesary - interacts with the tv screen.

This said - I do use the app, when the iDevice is already at hand and the app is already open. But then just for basic controls, that are found in the Now Playing screen.

Speaking of the Now Playing screen - that is what I see as the basic screen in the app.

From there I can do most of what I need: change to another device, access the sources of that device, add/remove a room to/from the current experience, manage the playlist of my music from the NAS (and probably Deezer - I don’t use Deezer, but I asume so).

The only thing that I miss there (tapping the playlist icon in the upper left side) is being able to see my favourite list of TuneiN radio stations, when playing netradio.

I know I can swipe or tap right/left - but seeing the list would be better, when you want to access a specific station.

See the pic below:

Where controlling my tv (BV Avant/V1) from the app can be meaningfull for me, is when using the built-in NetRadio.

You can of course start it from the Now Playing screen (using the source icon on the right side), but alas, there is no feedback from the tv (apart from the station name)  - like when using TuneIn. And there is no list of stations there either (tapping the playlist icon). Same goes for tv viewing - why no feedback of the current station and the list of stations tapping the playlist icon?

This is basicly what I would need from the app, controlling a tv.......not the mimicked remote control functions (from the BeoRemote app) - that works better using a physical remote. 

However, there are - as I wrote above - many different user cases ———-— this is my take on this.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,047
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Oct 7 2018 10:57 PM

Sure, the Beoremote is still best for controlling a TV, no doubt.

The old Beoremote app existed though for a reason, and in a world of a single app, i understand why some (maybe all) of the functionality of that old app is folded in to the new app. Just a question then of how to make those functions appear in the new app.

My initial thought is that its fine having the Now Playing screen as the main screen that provides control - but that should apply both to Music and Televison.

So when a BV is selected from the Product screen, the black bar should expand to a Now Playing screen that is effectively the remote screen (s) - rather than have to go through the extra taps to get to the remote functionality. Why put functionality in an app if its ponderous to access, for those for whom using the app at times makes sense.

The other point i made about adding a few basic controls (not the full feature set of a Now Playing screen) to the Product page - we have been over before. There's plenty of real estate / minimal ways of adding on/off sleep, volume control on that Product page. But this is a separate issue from the above.

In the end, i'm not overly bothered - as you say, i use either of the Beoremotes i have in either room for most things, and they're pretty prefect.

All the above thoughts are more along the lines of - if you make an app, clean it up and make it usable and coherent.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

2.0.1.15759:

Still no luck with adding my H8 Sad

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 10:31 AM

In the Deezer personal settings screen, there is a Deezer Mix option that while selected does not appear in the music selection screen, does anybody else have noticed this?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,022
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 5:37 PM
mbolo01:

In the Deezer personal settings screen, there is a Deezer Mix option that while selected does not appear in the music selection screen, does anybody else have noticed this?

A mix appear in my app.

But only one...

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Oct 14 2018 6:50 PM

Hiort:

A mix appear in my app.

But only one...

Thanks Hiort, I understand now ... I liked several Mix in Deezer app and they now appear in the B&O App ... as simple as that :-) shame on me !

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 16 2018 2:58 AM
Dyssegaard:

MrAndersen:

2.0.1.15759:

Still no luck with adding my H8

I had some success with my H8 and the new software (.15759). It just connected BOOM like that!

But, and a big BUT (for which I filed this trouble ticket):

””””

1. GOOD able to add my H8 at long last. Looking at the About for the Device I see it does display a Serial Number where I thought was why all previous software attempts had failed.

2. BAD I was not able tho select the H8 to play music. Tapping the H8 picture kept talking me to the product screen.

3. BAD the H8 does not appear as a link room option for joining. (This May be my misunderstanding of how this could work)

4. GOOD I was able to set a preset (CLEAR) and then remove it by changing the sound settings back to the central NEUTRAL middle position.

5. BAD retouch of a selected setting (e.g. CLEAR) does not reset it to NEUTRAL. As an alternative should there be a reset button? (Clearly clear is not available 😆)

6. BAD after experimenting with 4 and 5 above the App lost contact with the H8 and could not reconnect.

Thank you for working to get my H8 recognised.

Please keep up the good work.

””””

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 16 2018 3:13 AM
laseralex:

This single screen:

Allows me to see what individual device I'm changing volume on

Adds a whole-group volume control at the top

Adds station (or track) forward and back buttons to the station/track block above bottom row buttons

Provides more space for station or track information in the station/track block

Still allows me to add or remove Multiroom products (by tapping the name or preferably by dragging items in and out of the gray area)

Good design points.

BeoNut since '75

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

@elephant: The cloud service that was the other part of the fix was deployed last night. Now H8s without serial should work. A note on number 2, this app is not able to play music, the product stream the music directly. It is not going to be able to play directly to your headphones nor join in multiroom, and will always go to the control. 5. Good point we will need a way to clear. 6. 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

@elephant: The cloud service that was the other part of the fix, this was deployed last night. Now H8s without serial should work. A not on number 2, this app is not able to play music, the product stream the music directly. It is not going to be able to play directly to your headphones nor join in multiroom, and will always go to the control. 5. Good point we will need a way to clear. 6.

H8 finally added Big Smile

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 12:39 AM
MrAndersen:

@elephant:

A: The cloud service that was the other part of the fix was deployed last night.

B: Now H8s without serial should work.

C: A note on number 2, this app is not able to play music, the product stream the music directly. It is not going to be able to play directly to your headphones nor join in multiroom, and will always go to the control.

D: 5. Good point we will need a way to clear.

E: 6.

@MrAndersen aka @Thomas

Thank you for replying to my points ...

A&B: I am not sure what cloud service was for/adds, however my is that the UI now displays a serial number that previously was not on the device ... is the serial now coming from your records in the cloud ?

C: I guess I am not sure I see/hear the value of what you have reached by adding headphones to the product. Other than helping to eliminate the BeoPlay App.

D: thank you Smile

E: your reply to my 6th point appears to been lost. However I have an update, after 24 hours have elapsed:

It would appear yesterday’s tests have “BRICKED” my H8 [:\'(]

The H8 remains out of contact to the App but also to the iPhone in general. Apple Music can’t be played (via AirPlay) nor can the iPhone’s Setting’s make contact either.

The H8’s status light is permanently on - and is showing orange.

I can switch the H8 off, but the light stays on as orange.

I switch back in, its orange.

I try to toggle pairing mode, it stays orange, and neither the App nor the iPhone’s Settings detect any pairing state. (i.e. I can no longer get the blue light to come on).

The H8 is also not detectable by my ATV nor my MacBook.

However I can plug the H8 wired into the MacBook and listen to music so at least that part is still working.

I can’t send logs ... because the App can’t contact the H8.

My strategy is to leave the H8 on to flatten the battery and then recharge and so hopefully achieve a reset that way. This will probably mean at least another 24 hours of waiting.

If that fails I will try a firmware update via the USB cable.

BeoNut since '75

John
Top 200 Contributor
Australia
Posts 312
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 5:00 AM

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

Spending most of your time on the Now Playing screen is OK for music, not for TV. 

For sure, there are many (different) user cases.

But I am with you on that one....almost.

I still don’t get the necessity for pulling the tv control features (from the BeoRemote app) into the app.

Or should I say, I don’t understand the focus, that some users have on this.

I don’t control my tv with an app - for this I have the best remote in the world.......

.....why should I pull out my iPhone/iPad and open the app just to change a tv program or change sources?

And if my wife would want to do this, should I then hand over the (read my) device to her - or should she also have the app on her iPhone/iPad?

No way - she simply grabs the physical remote and - if necesary - interacts with the tv screen.

This said - I do use the app, when the iDevice is already at hand and the app is already open. But then just for basic controls, that are found in the Now Playing screen.

Speaking of the Now Playing screen - that is what I see as the basic screen in the app.

From there I can do most of what I need: change to another device, access the sources of that device, add/remove a room to/from the current experience, manage the playlist of my music from the NAS (and probably Deezer - I don’t use Deezer, but I asume so).

The only thing that I miss there (tapping the playlist icon in the upper left side) is being able to see my favourite list of TuneiN radio stations, when playing netradio.

I know I can swipe or tap right/left - but seeing the list would be better, when you want to access a specific station.

See the pic below:

Where controlling my tv (BV Avant/V1) from the app can be meaningfull for me, is when using the built-in NetRadio.

You can of course start it from the Now Playing screen (using the source icon on the right side), but alas, there is no feedback from the tv (apart from the station name)  - like when using TuneIn. And there is no list of stations there either (tapping the playlist icon). Same goes for tv viewing - why no feedback of the current station and the list of stations tapping the playlist icon?

This is basicly what I would need from the app, controlling a tv.......not the mimicked remote control functions (from the BeoRemote app) - that works better using a physical remote. 

However, there are - as I wrote above - many different user cases ———-— this is my take on this.

MM

I have the app working on my iPad and iPhone.

I really miss the built in TV guide and the ability to change speaker groups, and sound mode settings that the original B&O Remote app (currently not working on IOS 12.1) featured, and greatly wish they would be added.

I appreciate that some prefer using the likes of a Beoremote 4 and agree that it is by far the best TV remote out there.

However, I also like to control my TV, my Bluray player, my Apple TV 4k player, my iTunes library, and my computer from the one remote control, and this is easily done by one or two apps on either iPhone or iPad.

Conversely, whilst the PUC system works for some pieces of hardware placed in a closed, but ventilated cabinet, it is never as complete and as easy as a visual interface on an screen, such as an iPad or iPhone.

Personally, I tend to find the Beoremote 4 and even the remote one, counter intuitive to using a visual display, and unless using it constantly (which I don't) I find I have to keep referring to the manual to figure out how to make things work.

Admittedly, I only use the Beoremote 4 as a 'backup' if the iPhone or iPad is on the charger, but not sufficiently enough to be totally familiar with all it's various features without having to refer to the manual.

With the apps on the iPad/iPhone, a manual is only needed from time to time (in the case of the Apple TV 4k) to gain knowledge of some of the more advanced features - everything else is basically follow the bouncing ball simplicity.

For that reason, I prefer and I think would always prefer an app based control system, rather than a button festooned, stick remote, no matter how good it is and how lovely it is to hold.

Just my take on it...and hoping that the Beoremote full functionality will be added to the newer B&O App, as otherwise it is removing user convenience rather than adding to it.

Cheers

John... 

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
elephant:

However I have an update, after 24 hours have elapsed:

It would appear yesterday’s tests have “BRICKED” my H8 [:\'(]

The H8 remains out of contact to the App but also to the iPhone in general. Apple Music can’t be played (via AirPlay) nor can the iPhone’s Setting’s make contact either.

The H8’s status light is permanently on - and is showing orange.

I can switch the H8 off, but the light stays on as orange.

I switch back in, its orange.

I try to toggle pairing mode, it stays orange, and neither the App nor the iPhone’s Settings detect any pairing state. (i.e. I can no longer get the blue light to come on).

The H8 is also not detectable by my ATV nor my MacBook.

However I can plug the H8 wired into the MacBook and listen to music so at least that part is still working.

I can’t send logs ... because the App can’t contact the H8.

My strategy is to leave the H8 on to flatten the battery and then recharge and so hopefully achieve a reset that way. This will probably mean at least another 24 hours of waiting.

If that fails I will try a firmware update via the USB cable.

BeoNut since '75

A few hours after adding my H8 to the app yesterday morning I tried to turn it on again. However, it was totally unresponsive and the status led was also off. I removed the battery for a few seconds, and since then it has been functioning ok.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

We have a couple of H8s here at the office and they do not display this behavior. The number you see is the MAC address we use this instead of the missing serial. We only read values from the headphones, the only writes we do is for ToneTouch. I suspect that the software in them crash somehow. We have had other sets where we needed to remove the battery to bring them back to life. Perhaps you should try to update them using this: https://www.beoplay.com/en/support/product-support/beoplay-updater

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 10:53 PM
John:

For that reason, I prefer and I think would always prefer an app based control system, rather than a button festooned, stick remote, no matter how good it is and how lovely it is to hold.

HERESY!!!

🔥🧙‍♀️💦

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Oct 17 2018 10:56 PM
Dyssegaard:

A few hours after adding my H8 to the app yesterday morning I tried to turn it on again. However, it was totally unresponsive and the status led was also off. I removed the battery for a few seconds, and since then it has been functioning ok.

I had hoped to spare you my pain.

Thank you - I had forgotten one could remove the battery!

Recharging now ... cross fingers 🤞

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 5 (175 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL