rated by 0 users
This post has 174 Replies | 7 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member
MrAndersen Posted: Sat, Sep 29 2018 1:57 PM

Hi all

This is a big release for us. For months we have been working on supporting the Bluetooth products in the Bang & Olufsen app. This work is now nearing completion and we are opening up for the beta testers. I realize that this is not the biggest thing for most of your, since you are invested in the bigger systems. This release also contains the iPad version of the beoremote so there is something for you to try out as well. I still hope that some of you also own Bluetooth products as well and will give it a try.

Be aware that some translations are still missing. 

Apple has opened up for public sign up for beta test, so if you are not a beta tester you can sign up below. 

https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zre8WT18

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

Hi all

This is a big release for us. For months we have been working on supporting the Bluetooth products in the Bang & Olufsen app. This work is now nearing completion and we are opening up for the beta testers. I realize that this is not the biggest thing for most of your, since you are invested in the bigger systems. This release also contains the iPad version of the beoremote so there is something for you to try out as well. I still hope that some of you also own Bluetooth products as well and will give it a try.

Be aware that some translations are still missing.

Apple has opened up for public sign up for beta test, so if you are not a beta tester you can sign up below.

https://testflight.apple.com/join/Zre8WT18

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

Hi Thomas.

I have tested the bluetooth setup in version 2.0.0.15510 for my A1 and H8.

A1 setup works fine. H8 setup fails in the last step with and error message referring to that the device shold be on the same network. Very strange for a bluetooth setup.

I have tested it on my iPhone 7 with iOS 12 and on my iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 and the results are the same on both devices.

PS. A1 and H8 works fine in the Beoplay app.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:46 PM

MrAndersen:

I still hope that some of you also own Bluetooth products as well and will give it a try.

A1 and H5 added to the app successfully, but both failed the product software update. Shall I update via the legacy way or shall I wait for the next beta that will fix this?

App connection to H5 is lost when you switch to another app. Connection is not re-established automatically to the H5 when you come back to the B&O app.

BT product "About" page is showing IP Address, MAC Address sections, could be confusing for some users

BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 162
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sat, Sep 29 2018 9:33 PM
Awesome! I’ve wished for support for my headphones for ages! I think I even mentioned it in a post here once. I imagined being able to use the B&O app as my only music app, no matter if I was at home playing on my Moment in the living room, or out and about with my H9i. What is the level of ambition with this support? Right now I can add my H9i, and access the setup menu, use tone touch and ANC/transparency mode. I am unable to play anything on them though. Selecting them in the main menu takes me straight to the setup menu. Is it supposed to be like this?

Also, the app says there is a software update available for my H9i, but attempting to upgrade invariably fails at some point. No software update available in the Beoplay app though. My H9i runs 5.0.4.

Keep up the good work! This app is heading in the right direction. Big Smile

-h.
ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Sun, Sep 30 2018 8:18 AM
I can’t find the colour picker for my M5 anymore. I changed it a while ago on one iPhone but I can’t find the option to change it on my wife’s.

Anyone?
mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 30 2018 8:37 AM
ngnear:

I can’t find the colour picker for my M5 anymore. I changed it a while ago on one iPhone but I can’t find the option to change it on my wife’s.

Anyone?

Unfortunately the option has been removed for the M5 and possibly other products, while you can now select the color for products such A1 or H5, I personally don’t understand this choice but I’ve had the time to change mine’s color while is was still possible Smile

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 30 2018 8:40 AM
@MrAndersen: Is there any plan to introduce group volume back like in the legacy application? I find it very practical in Google cast groups.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

A1 and H5 added to the app successfully, but both failed the product software update. Shall I update via the legacy way or shall I wait for the next beta that will fix this?

I have tried to update my A1 also. The process completed, but no update took place. I think the problem is that the app states that an update is available even if this is not the case.

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Sep 30 2018 5:34 PM

Dyssegaard:

I think the problem is that the app states that an update is available even if this is not the case.

Yes you are correct :-( I have been too enthusiastic about a possible H5 software update to fix an issue I have since the latest software update where  ToneTouch settings are no longer preserved in the product after a power off.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Finally at home again - and having a look at the beta 2.0.

Thanks for the added tv controlling in the iPad version!

I miss a ‘Join’ command in the source list.

And I miss being able to jump (or swipe) from the activated product (the black page) directly to the tv control page.

And I don’tvsee the sense in one view being black (with white text/icons) and the other being white with black text/icons.

How about letting people choose between a ‘white’ or a ‘black’ layout?

Personally I’d prefer everything being black (with white text/icons).

As for the additional bluetooth settings possibilities - it is nice to have these in the app now.

BUT I don’t understand the sense of having these products along with the NL products (in the product view), when I can’t play anything to them

from within the app.

I don’t want to see these there - it just clutters the UI!!!

A second layer for setting up things would be nice - the app should primarily give you (NL) control possibilities!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:19 PM
Millemissen:

As for the additional bluetooth settings possibilities - it is nice to have these in the app now.

BUT I don’t understand the sense of having these products along with the NL products (in the product view), when I can’t play anything to them

from within the app.

I don’t want to see these there - it just clutters the UI!!!

A second layer for setting up things would be nice - the app should primarily give you (NL) control possibilities!

MM

They need to find a middle ground (maybe a filter button that only shows up when a user has a combination of NL and Bluetooth devices). I’d imagine adding Beoplay Bluetooth support to the app is because of them winding down the Beoplay brand, so making the app be primarily for one or the other wouldn’t make sense for consumers who only want it for a pair of headphones or only have a NL connected speaker.
AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
Posts 478
Bronze Member

Can’t you simply not add Beoplay products to the B&O app if you don’t want to see them there? 

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 10:29 AM
AnalogPlanet:

Can’t you simply not add Beoplay products to the B&O app if you don’t want to see them there?

I guess the addition of BT products in the App is anticipating the retirement of the legacy apps such as Beoplay

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 11:23 AM
mbolo01:

I guess the addition of BT products in the App is anticipating the retirement of the legacy apps such as Beoplay BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

Yup that’s what I’m thinking - they’re winding down the brand so merging the apps is the natural next step. My terracotta H9i don’t mention beoplay at all on the box except for the barcode sticker.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Exactly - that is (or will be) the problem!

As of now I see my old Playmaker (1st gen) there also.

I can not use it from the app (to play to etc) - I can make settings.

I never make settings for (well...almost never) and still I must see it every time, I use the app for playback in my NL setup.

And now I see my A1 there too - for nothing, but some settings.

That is cluttering a UI - B&O is about simplicity.....only seeing what is needed for the action, you have in mind.

This is not well thought-through.

My personal workaround will be to remove the A1 again (and the Playmaker) - at least untill the Bang &Olufsen app will be the only way to access the settings of these devices. Hopefully my BeoPlay app and the Beosetup app will keep on working for a while.

Com’on Thomas and the team - rethink this, please.

By the way..

This is how my app looks now, when I open it.

The’ reorder possibility of the devices function’ is still a mess - no need to reorder for me, it is reset each time I open the app.

As a result the least used products - in my case - are shown first 😲

Ok, I could make a workaround there - renaming the devices, but that is too far out - that is not what app programming is for.

And....please notice the comment below ‘Forsøg igen’ (means ‘please try again’) - I have to kill the app and start it again for establishing a connection to my NL-devices. - outch!!!

MM

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 11:56 AM

Millemissen:

That is cluttering a UI - B&O is about simplicity.....only seeing what is needed for the action, you have in mind.

Yeah exactly, neither option is simple though unfortunately (two apps is the opposite of simple, and one app but a mess isn't simple either). Maybe the ability to hide certain devices from the home screen would be a good idea (like with Windows Phone, you could pin/un-pin/rearrange "tiles" on the home screen) - this would give users the option to have everything in one place if they want it, or hide Bluetooth devices away in another menu if that's what they want too.

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 361
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 12:12 PM
Millemissen:

Exactly - that is (or will be) the problem!

As of now I see my old Playmaker (1st gen) there also.

I can not use it from the app (to play to etc) - I can make settings.

I never make settings for (well...almost never) and still I must see it every time, I use the app for playback in my NL setup.

And now I see my A1 there too - for nothing, but some settings.

This is not well thought-through.

My personal workaround will be to remove the A1 again (and the Playmaker) - at least untill the Bang &Olufsen app will be the only way to access the settings of these devices. Hopefully my BeoPlay app and the Beosetup app will keep on working for a while.

Com’on Thomas and the team - rethink this, please.

By the way..

This is how my app looks now, when I open it.

The’ reorder possibility of the devices function’ is still a mess - no need to reorder for me, it is reset each time I open the app.

As a result the least used products - in my case - are shown first 😲

Ok, I could make a workaround there - renaming the devices, but that is too far out - that is not what app programming is for.

And....please notice the comment below ‘Forsøg igen’ (means ‘please try again’) - I have to kill the app and start it again for establishing a connection to my NL-devices. - outch!!!

MM

The starting point of the UI is wrong. The start page should focus on ‘playing music’ and not ‘manage and config your device’ as it is today. This requires a complete overhaul!!!
tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
Posts 126
Bronze Member
tph replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 12:30 PM

Jon:

Yeah exactly, neither option is simple though unfortunately (two apps is the opposite of simple, and one app but a mess isn't simple either). Maybe the ability to hide certain devices from the home screen would be a good idea (like with Windows Phone, you could pin/un-pin/rearrange "tiles" on the home screen) - this would give users the option to have everything in one place if they want it, or hide Bluetooth devices away in another menu if that's what they want too.

It could be a simple "star" toggle for each product, and then another toggle in the product list would switch between Favourites and All products.

Alternatively, it could be automatic, assuming it doesn't get confusing: instead of manually managing which products will be shown, the app could dynamically display the products that are currently available. Have the rest in All products section. This would give the center stage to the products that are always online on the network, with Bluetooth products coming and going as they're used. If you're connected to an A1, show it, if not, hide it.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 12:32 PM
Yeah that’s a really good idea too!
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

jans:

The starting point of the UI is wrong. The start page should focus on ‘playing music’ and not ‘manage and config your device’ as it is today. This requires a complete overhaul!!!

I see it so too!

But earlier discussions have shown, that a lot of the users want to see their product as the starting point.

To me any setting should be ‘banned’ into a secondary layer - of course with an easy access, but not shown at first sight.

For me the app is about managing the music/the content and directing it to the devices, that should play it back.

I want to see the devices, I want to and in my order - similar to how Tuomas and Jon describes it.

MM

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

I will try to answer some of your questions below

Regarding product grouping and category. I hear you on the product mixing of beolink and bluetooth products. We will look into a away of separating the two. Not sure yet if it should be manual or something we do automatically. Note that products like the Playmaker will be removed soon and be setup only. 

I will create a bug for the missing Join function for the TV

On the issue of software update for BT products. Right now it always says there is an update even if there isn't. This will be fixed tomorrow. 

Group volume only works for beolink groups, it should turn up all products when adjusting the leader from the player

Colors was removed from the M5 since we could get all the images. It will be re-added when we get them

We will look into the H8 issue

The about page has a bit too much re-use from the network products, we will clean it up

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,209
Bronze Member

Thanks Thomas, looking forward to the results.

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Oct 1 2018 10:01 PM
What is the “Deezer Mix” option in the music personal settings screen ? Nothing related appears in the music selection screen when selected.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,081
Bronze Member

i like the look of having the BT (stand alone) and NL products in the one app - better in the one location saves you from changing all these apps.  It's simplistic in the way they are all together.  Good work.  

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:48 AM
MrAndersen:

On the issue of software update for BT products. Right now it always says there is an update even if there isn't. This will be fixed tomorrow.

Issue still present after yesterday’s evening (CET) update

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

We will look into the H8 issue

Version 2.0.0.15518 - both issues are still present.

I have added a screenshot of the error message from the H8 issue below:

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:48 AM
mbolo01:

Issue still present after yesterday’s evening (CET) update BS Moment, BS Core, BS 1, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5

Me too with H8s

Keeps talking about WiFi !

BeoNut since '75

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 203
Gold Member
Jon replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:55 PM
elephant:

Me too with H8s

Keeps talking about WiFi ! BeoNut since '75

It did that with my H9i earlier too! I pressed Back in the top left and tapped on the headphones again and then it worked.
Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 77
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:57 PM

One thing I have noticed is that there is no longer timeout on the screen on my iPad, meaning that if I don't leave the app....the iPad stays on until the Battery is empty 

Søren

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
Jon:

It did that with my H9i earlier too! I pressed Back in the top left and tapped on the headphones again and then it worked.

Thanks for the tip but it still does not work.

I then tried an H7 and an H8i option and they produced correct error messages :)

I have been toggling the BlueTooth switch (blue light solid) as part of the process. Is that what you did ?

BeoNut since '75

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

Sorry guys it took a while to fix the sw update. Here is what is fixed in the latest testflight

• Fixed software update always saying there is an update
  • Fixed wifi message
  • Fixed wrong text when setting up headphones
  • Fixed A2 Active
  • Fixed selected tonetouch preset

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

One note, for H7, H8 and H9 you need to press up shortly to turn on bluetooth, only briefly, holding it there will put it in pairing mode. Only after this the app will find it. This was changed in the i versions. We will make the first page inform you of this for these headphones

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
Posts 126
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 10:42 PM

ToneTouch with H5:

• Expanding the dot with the usual spread gesture doesn't appear to work.
  • After manually moving the dot after a preset has been selected, the previously selected preset doesn't become deselected (I assume it should?).

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
MrAndersen:

One note, for H7, H8 and H9 you need to press up shortly to turn on bluetooth, only briefly, holding it there will put it in pairing mode. Only after this the app will find it. This was changed in the i versions. We will make the first page inform you of this for these headphones

Still no luck on my H8s

Is there a firmware update I should have ?

PS the headphones work fine with Apple Music as they are paired to the iPhone.

The B&O App does not recognise in the setup that the headphones have already been named (as ‘elephants ears’ Stick out tongue)

BeoNut since '75

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

2.0.0.15538:

Still not able to add my H8. Same error message as before Sad

PS: The app now states that my A1 is updated Smile

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 157
Bronze Member

The first H8's didn't have app support, so it might be that they need to be updated. You can do it from PC or Mac by following this: https://www.beoplay.com/en/support/product-support/beoplay-updater

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 8:11 AM
@MrAndersen:

H5 ToneTouch settings are not preserved after a product power off.

I have the latest software and I think it happened after the upgrade to the latest version.

Beocare said that the problem had been reproduced and that there was no fix.

Is it something you are aware of?

It’s a « pain » to load the B&O app to set my H5 favorite ToneTouch setting each time I use the product post power off (joining the speakers)

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 63
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

The first H8's didn't have app support, so it might be that they need to be updated. You can do it from PC or Mac by following this: https://www.beoplay.com/en/support/product-support/beoplay-updater

My H8 is on the latest sw version. I have updated it via my Macbook, so that is not the problem.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,208
Founder
MrAndersen:

The first H8's didn't have app support, so it might be that they need to be updated. You can do it from PC or Mac by following this: https://www.beoplay.com/en/support/product-support/beoplay-updater

Sadly this has made no difference

BeoNut since '75

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 744
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 8:15 AM
tph:

ToneTouch with H5:

Expanding the dot with the usual spread gesture doesn't appear to work. After manually moving the dot after a preset has been selected, the previously selected preset doesn't become deselected (I assume it should?).

-- Tuomas // Bang & Olufsen Create

I confirm both new unexpected behaviors on my H5 too

Page 1 of 5 (175 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL