NL/ML configuration help needed for its audio jacks

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 1 Follower

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 posted on Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:49 PM

I have an NL/ML converter in my system. I recently attached a Bluetooth receiver to the audio inputs of the NL/ML converter.

In the NL side I have a Beosystem 4. In its Setup I was able to see that the "Line In" source was already assigned to the NL/ML converter. I just had to choose a button on the remote. I chose A.Mem. Again this  button choice was made within the Beosystem 4 setup source selection. This all works as I am now able to play music from my phone to the Beosystem 4.

On the ML side of the converter I have a Beolab 3500 and a Beosystem 2500. I can play CDs and radio from the 2500 to either the Beolab 3500 or the Beosystem 4.

Now for what's NOT working.

On the Beolab 3500 I can play CDs and radio from the 2500 but I'm unable to play music from my phone through the Bluetooth receiver attached to the audio jacks on the NL/ML converter.

I've a attched a pdf with my screenshots of my NL/ML config but I don't know what to reconfigure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

All Replies

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Wed, Sep 19 2018 9:28 PM

Hi

If you have a combination of NL and ML all the Masterlink audio sources are “locked “ on the Masterlink side that means if you choose RADIO, CD, A.TAPE(a.mem) PHONO(n.radio) ore A.TAPE2(n.radio) on any Masterlink devise it will always start your audiomaster(BS2500) causing an conflict if you have the same source on the NL side like A.MEM.....

I hope my explanation makes a little sense??

Søren

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
129 Posts
Bronze Member
Kromer replied on Wed, Sep 19 2018 10:00 PM

You have set the converter as v. Master ml role. This gives you the option to assign any nl source to v. Sources on ml. Your current configuration of sources visible on ml is blank. Assign sources you would like to access on ml there. Remember to set bc2500 to a. Opt 2.

Hope this helps

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:41 AM

Thanks Soren and Kromer.

To assign a NL source to the ML side I would do that on the Sources Visible on ML  page of the NL/ML Configuration correct?

Kromer: Where do I set the bc2500 to a. Opt 2. (What is that for?) Thanks

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:51 AM

HI,

I tried adding the source PC on the Sources visible on ML. I selected the top  "Beolink Converter NL/ML" as its listed twice on the pull down list. as my options were the two "Beolink Converter NL/ML" options followed by Beosystem 4. And selected NL source as "Line IN" . I also modified the screen IR Mapping likewise for PC.

Unfortunately when I sent the PC IR command (I added it to a BEO4) to the BL3500 it wouldn't even Power Up. CD and Radio IR commands fire up the BL3500.

As a side note I'm not sure whether the BL3500 is a BL3500 or an LCS9000 as it's comm cable is feed into a MCL/ML converter.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 5:56 AM

Depending on the age of your BL3500 it would not understand the command “PC”

For testing you can try TV, V.MEM, DTV or DVD they are “old” command that all BL3500 understand, i have a list somewhere with the commands that should also work...... I can try to find it later.

Søren

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 5:56 AM

Depending on the age of your BL3500 it would not understand the command “PC”

For testing you can try TV, V.MEM, DTV or DVD they are “old” command that all BL3500 understand, i have a list somewhere with the commands that should also work...... I can try to find it later.

Søren

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 6:20 AM

Soren,

Thanks for the info. I do know TV works. Question if you look at the IR mappings of my system's NL/ML configuration (in the original attachment)  the only open IR commands that are empty are: DTV2, DVD2, Camera, V.Aux2 and PC.

Am I limited to using only those empty commands? I will try those to see if the BL3500 accepts any of those commands.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 7:05 AM

DTV2 and DVD2 is equal to the old commands V.AUX and V.TAPE2 and should work

V.AUX2 is the same as the command DOORCAM and I don’t think that would work on BL3500 if it an older model... 

Søren

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:38 PM

Søren,

DVD2 did work to activate the BL3500. The BL3500 displayed V.Tape2.

Of the unused IR commands in my system DTV2, Camera, V.Aux2 and PC all failed to activate the BL3500.

At least the DVD2 worked so I think I have a path to pursue.

Thanks for your help. I will post further developments.

Pat

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 1:42 PM

Kromer,

What is a. Opt 2 on the 2500? Is that configuring the Beosystem 2500 what IR inputs to accept? Or is this a setting in the NL/ML Converter?

Thanks,

Pat

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 2:58 PM

Option 0= Ir receiver disabled used when connected to a Beovision with speakers also connected to the BV

Option 1 = receives only  audio command, normally used when stand alone or when speakers are connected directly to audiomaster (pressing AV before video commands will bring the sound from BV to BS2500)

Option 2= receives both audio and video commands, and will bring the Sound from BV to the speakers connected to BS2500.... Note that BV then have to be in option 0 otherwise you will get double commands.......pressing eg 1 will result in BV shift to channel 11.

Søren

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Thu, Sep 20 2018 5:03 PM

I tried changing my NL/ML configuration. On the Sources visible on ML  I modified the DVD2 line selecting the top BeoLink Converter NL/M  ( don't know why there are two in the drop down list followed by the Beosystem 4) for the NL Product Name and "Line In" as the NL Source.

I used the same selection in the IR Mapping configuration page. I clicked save on both config screens after making changes.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I had the music from my phone playing through the Beosystem 4 and when giving the DVD2 command the BL3500 activated but no sound was available.

I might try playing around with the second BeoLink Converter NL/M selection in the drop down list. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the IR Option explanation for the beosystem 2500.

Thanks for all your help.

Pat

pjk561
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Fri, Sep 21 2018 12:07 AM

I saw in another post you have to reboot the NL/ML converter after you change settings. That makes sense if it has to reread the xml file that you just modified and only does this on a power up.

I went ahead and made the settings change as before and unplugged, waited 10 sec then plugged the Converter in. Still couldn't get the BL3500 (confirmed it is a BL3500 mk.1) to play.

I tried again but changed the NL Source value to A.Mem for DVD2 and that didn't work either.

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
163 Posts
Founder
beoaus replied on Fri, Sep 21 2018 3:41 AM

Hello.

Maybe something here might help.

Our systems are predominantly master link, so I needed to send back BLC LINE IN audio to master link. It took weeks to work this out which included an upgrade and some support from B&O and lots of config changes.

We have a BS9000 set as audio master, it had to be upgraded to work. Our BV7 is set to Video Master and is in the same room as the BS900.We also have a NL Horizon which is the primary NL. BLC is Secondary. Plus rooms with Beolink Active etc.

So the BLC is set as ML enabled Audio Slave, As a result Sources visible on ML are greyed out, but they can be IR Mapped. Steps follow. 

1. So then in "IR Mapping" on the BLC I set all unused IR Commands to "Empty" to give myself a better chance in the next step.
  2. Then Via BLC -in IR mapping set..IR Command =  Choose something on your Beo4 (ML Source), that is not in use or is not a replica of another command, nor is it mapped in "IR Mapping", not light or not local like PC..
  3. Set NL product name = Beolink Converter NL/ML
  4. Set NL Source = LINE IN
  5. SAVE

Restart all connected systems. Now, here the order is important as Audio Master and Video Master must see the ML broadcast from the BLC. It lasts either 12sec or 1.2mins, something stupidly odd. Otherwise the new ML command will be partly invisible. Some ML speakers may not see it at all f they are not at the correct software level.

Then choose the ML command on your Beo4 and the LINE IN attached equipment will be pipe music back thru the ML network.

Hope something in here assists.

Beoaus.

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL