Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Something New - BeoSound Edge

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 111 Replies | 0 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:14 PM

Now on all Social Media... A new B&O audio device launching tomorrow:

Instagram movie: https://instagram.com/p/BnBltgRnRjg/

Something round :-) 

Karel.

All Replies

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
529 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 1:31 PM

Maybe I'm a little strange, but it really did not make the first impression to me at all.
It seems like something that might have been a wow factor 15 - 20 years ago.
I'm missing an innovative approach, a bold design and futuristicity that makes B & O unique.

trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member
trackbeo replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 11:34 PM

marexy:
It seems like something that might have been a wow factor 15 - 20 years ago.
Michael Anastassiades, who did the design, is a little bit steam-punk in his lighting designs, e.g. the lamp on his main page: http://michaelanastassiades.com .  However, his design for Flos, the "IC Lights" series, e.g. https://usa.flos.com/modern-table-lamps/IC-Lights-T , is pretty sleek.  I think it's this "tangential attachment" style (minimal touching) that is echoed in the Edge.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Millemissen:

Sure - but I prefer facts.

MM

Thank you and Moxxey for replying ... my question to AussieMichael related more to the Melbourne retail scene.

As regards facts, sadly the fact is that IFA has come and gone with no announcement of junior version of the BeoLab 90 and 50.

I don’t think the Edge is what some of us wishfully speculated would be “the BeoLab 30”.

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member
elephant:

Thank you and Moxxey for replying ... my question to AussieMichael related more to the Melbourne retail scene.

As regards facts, sadly the fact is that IFA has come and gone with no announcement of junior version of the BeoLab 90 and 50.

I don’t think the Edge is what some of us wishfully speculated would be “the BeoLab 30”. BeoNut since '75

And considering wasn’t B&Os IFA booking last minute ? Or was that the announcement but I was reading on this forum earlier ?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,343 Posts
Bronze Member

By the way - a BL30 would be bigger than the BL20 🤔

Again....I prefer facts to rumours (although rumours are fun).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
541 Posts
Bronze Member

Whatever anyone prefers, fact of the matter is we all need to wait until (possible) CES announcements of much demanded BL3 replacements and the assumed TV-Soundbar. Spending money on B&O on hold for another 6-9 months. If it works for B&O, works for me too.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,828 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by AnalogPlanet

Aussie Michael:

And considering wasn’t B&Os IFA booking last minute ? Or was that the announcement but I was reading on this forum earlier ?

Definitely not. They were both listed to attend and to host an early morning event, months ago. Shame there's only one new product though.

Page 8 of 8 (112 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL