Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Something New - BeoSound Edge

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 111 Replies | 0 Followers

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
507 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:14 PM

Now on all Social Media... A new B&O audio device launching tomorrow:

Instagram movie: https://instagram.com/p/BnBltgRnRjg/

Something round :-) 

Karel.

All Replies

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
139 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:14 PM

DanTop:

Perhaps it has some kind of wide beam sound field integrated to make up a bit for the odd placement.

As we know, the Edge has drivers on both sides. This should make it almost omnidirectional, like the P6 or A2, which feature similar driver arrangements.

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:33 PM

Hi Tph,

That would make it a lot better. But still, it is a bit random way to place it. 

Feels like it would be easier to hang it from the ceiling then. But loose the touch option. Or just take out a latter every time😂

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:46 PM

Very curious indeed... Hmm

When they say "roll", do they mean "turn" (as in swivel)? And "gravity-defying" wall mount? If I'm interpreting 'swivel' correctly, and the last picture on the official B&O page is the wall mount, then "turning" it would eventually point the drivers toward the ceiling and floor?

All this talk about the design not being 'B&O enough', whatever that means, makes me fear we're just a grumpy bunch that want things to have stayed the way they were, with the BL8000 and such. I'd be interested to hear the opinions of someone who's never seen or heard a B&O product before.

I'm sure it sounds great, and I can't wait to experience it at my local shop (350 miles away)! - that was a joke BTW.

Anyway, last comment, I work in telecom, and all I can think of is Microwave Antenna.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
139 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:48 PM

Earle:

Very curious indeed... Hmm

When they say "roll", do they mean "turn" (as in swivel)? And "gravity-defying" wall mount? If I'm interpreting 'swivel' correctly, and the last picture on the official B&O page is the wall mount, then "turning" it would eventually point the drivers toward the ceiling and floor?

It rolls like a wheel, both on the floor (back and forth) and on the wall (up and down).

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:53 PM

Hi Earle,

Dont listen to all he says, because he gives some faulty info, but at least you can have a clear look at the function. 

Klick the link👍🏻

https://youtu.be/MSzGs805hEI

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 4:54 PM

To clearify, the guy in the vid gives faulty info. Not Tph

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
611 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:03 PM

I really don't get the placement options.  If you face it (assuming the speakers are the front), 1/2 the sound (minus bass) is going in the other direction.  Mount it on the wall and most of the sound is going perpendicular to you.  Obviously, they know this so I hope their audio processing magic to compensate for this is fantastic...

Stan

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
611 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:11 PM

DanTop:

Hi Earle,

Dont listen to all he says, because he gives some faulty info, but at least you can have a clear look at the function. 

Klick the link👍🏻

https://youtu.be/MSzGs805hEI

What does he say that is wrong? 

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:12 PM

Hi Stan,

If you place it on a bench you get a good reflecting  effect from the wall behind, just like the A6 works. But when it comes to the wall placement, I am just as perplexed as you are

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:13 PM

Stan, for example that the Edge has 5 amps. But its clearly stated on b&o website that there are 6 of them. 

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
216 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:56 PM

I want to love it. But it seems rather wobbly and imprecise when it comes to volume adjustment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG7m-9KGr0U

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,339 Posts
Bronze Member

DanTop:

Hi Tph,

Feels like it would be easier to hang it from the ceiling then. But loose the touch option. Or just take out a latter every time😂

Or use the Essence Remote....or the app.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:09 PM

Millemissen:

DanTop:

Hi Tph,

Or use the Essence Remote....or the app.

MM

Ye but thats much more boring than balancing on a latter, and the point was to still touch it. 

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 6:14 PM

On a serious note, it would look rather striking to have the Edge in the middle of the ceiling in a room with a good height on it. 

I assume the wallmount would work in the ceiling as well.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

First impressions are great. I like it a lot and think it will do well. Would look perfect in my place; it would be displayed as a sculptural piece. Perhaps I'll buy one and post some pictures in due course. Good effort B&O :)

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Page 5 of 8 (112 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL