rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
765 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew posted on Sun, Aug 19 2018 6:38 PM

I have a DabWifi2 internet Radio that has been adapted to use with B&O systems and Beo4 remote control. It has worked perfectly for years, but suddenly is all I can do is select a present station, up, down, left, right and stop have all sropped working which means I cant change the presets or enter any other menus or settings.

I have tried different BEO4s and changed the setting to different modes but no luck.

Just wondered if anyone else was using one with their B&O setups and experienced a similar problem? 

All Replies

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,398 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Aug 19 2018 7:10 PM

I presume that you've tried a factory reset, and also to re-program the power-on sequence that tells the IRC that it is controlled via the cable to the B&O, rather than IR direct (or however you have it set up).

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
765 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Sun, Aug 19 2018 8:09 PM

Hi Guy

I can't get to the menu to do the factory reset - I have it controlled by IR Direct and tried it on A.Mem as well as Radio with the same results. Not sure if there is a process with the Power On button to reset it - I tried powering down and then back on with the PowerOn button pressed but that didn't do anything and the manual only mentioned a reset through the menu

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,398 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Aug 19 2018 10:43 PM

I presume the programming is like mine - you have to press a 5 button sequence on the remote within 4 seconds of power on.  eg LIGHT 1 0 0 STANDBY.  If you have tried cycling through some of these then there is nothing more I can suggest - perhaps contact OneRemote for a solution?

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
765 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Aug 20 2018 8:41 AM

Hi - yes, tried a few with no luck - I've emailed oneremote and will post an update when I hear back from them. Thanks again.

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
765 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:50 PM

OneRemote got back to me very promptly and were very good, unfortunately though it looks as if the processor is defective.

Fortunately I have a Roberts Radio with internet radio that I can use whilst I decide what to do

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,398 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:15 PM

That's a shame.  So are you sending it to them to be fixed?

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
765 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 9:00 AM

Hi Guy

No, I decided it wouldn't be worth the cost as it did have problems connecting with the router when wired - it seemed to only like going through a mini hub. I also had problems with connecting directly to the beolink converter - when I looked at the setup again I had a playmaker, lintronic box, aux expander, IRC radio, numerous beolink active/passives all connected, just to listen to the radio for a couple of hours in the morning - so for the moment sticking to the Roberts which plays the internet stations I want and has a USB port for my all my digital music. I might use the lintronic to control another one in the future but at the moment I find I am enjoying the simplicity of one box - I have a BM4400, BG4002 and M100-2 setup to which I have added the playmaker and that system is perfect for proper listening.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL