Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 17 Replies | 1 Follower

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
384 Posts
Bronze Member
jans posted on Sun, Jul 22 2018 2:16 PM
Hallo

Ik heb een Essence MkII, A6 en een V1 TV, en slaag er maar niet in om deze toestellen op een stabiele manier te laten werken. De Essence en de A6 ‘haperen’ soms wanneer ze streamen (zowel Radio als Deezer), en de V1 verliest soms de connectiviteit wanneer die in multi-room met de Essence werkt.

Ik heb al draadloze en bedrade configuraties geprobeerd, maar ik krijg dit niet opgelost.

Het netwerk bestaat uit een Telenet modem/router, een Access Point en Powerlines om een bedrade verbinding te kunnen leggen.

Hebben andere Beoworlders gelijkaardige ervaringen, en misschien ook oplossingen?

Ik had vroeger een Sonos setup, maar ben naar een full B& O installatie overgeschakeld. Na meer dan een jaar minder goede ervaringen, overweeg ik om terug naar Sonos of een andere multi-room speler te gaan. Met Sonos en Sonosney heb ik nooit connectiviteitsproblemen gehad.

Hopelijk hebben jullie enkele tips om me te helpen,

Groeten,

Jan

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
475 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BeoHut replied on Sun, Jul 29 2018 9:55 AM
Verified by chucky

The best way to connect your devices is via an ethernet cable. 

Also, the best way, is setup fixed IP-adresses in your router with DHCP-binding (not in the B&O-app). After a reboot of your modem/router and devices everything should be stable. Try this suggestion en Suc6!

All Replies

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
384 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 9:07 AM
Kiwi:

Dag Jan, Ik heb inderdaad de 2 routers achter elkaar staan waarbij de Telenet HGW enkel gebruikt wordt voor de digiboxen/digicorders (en telefoon). De WAN poort van de Linksys wordt aangesloten op één van de LAN poorten van de Telenet HGW.

Alle andere mogelijke toestellen zijn aangesloten op de Linksys (zowel bedraad als via Wifi). De Linksys geeft een IP adres aan de toestellen via DHCP.

Bedankt!
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
384 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Aug 27 2018 8:57 PM

All

after all the valuable feedback from fellow Beoworlders, I think it's time for an update. 

I did a number of changes to my set-up and I can now happily report that B&O setup is behaving "as expected" with good stability both when streaming from one device stand-alone and in multi-room! It was about time, as I was growing more and more dissatisfied, and was about to switch back to Sonos or another multi-room player. 

At this moment in time, I am happy again with my B&O gear, and doing what I was supposed to be doing over the last months, ie. enjoying the music rather than trying to fix the system...

Here are the things I have changed in my setup

• assign fixed IP addresses to the B&O devices. The Telenet modem/router (homegateway) does not allow to do DHCP Reservations on the router, so I used the B&O app to assign Fixed IP addresses to the Essence and the A6. (I couldn't find how to assign fixed IP to a V1 television in wireless mode)
  • I installed an additional Access Point (also provided by my ISP) so that I now have excellent Wifi coverage throughout the entire house. I switched of the Wifi Signal in the router to avoid wifi channel conflicts. (I also learned the "black" Telenet Home Gateways only supports the n standard, whereas their Access Points support the more recent ac standard resulting in much more powerful wifi coverage). After this change, the B&O app shows an "uitstekend" (Excellent) for the strength of the wifi connection on all my devices throughout the house.
  • I used to use powerlines for connecting to the Telenet digiboxes and for regular internet traffic. I don't know if this has any further impact on my network behaviour, but I changed the setup so that the powerlines are used exclusively for the Digiboxes. All the other devices are connected either through cabling or wifi.

The combined result of the above changes is that B&O setup finally became stable and performant. It is now running for a couple of weeks, and I didn't have to restart once (whereas I previously used to restart my Essence almost on a daily basis). I still have the feeling that B&O is much more sensitive to network/wifi quality than other devices, nevertheless, I am very happy that the set-up is now working and behaving as expected.

I found this interesting enough to share with the broader (Belgian) Beoworld community!

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
384 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Aug 27 2018 8:57 PM

All

after all the valuable feedback from fellow Beoworlders, I think it's time for an update. 

I did a number of changes to my set-up and I can now happily report that B&O setup is behaving "as expected" with good stability both when streaming from one device stand-alone and in multi-room! It was about time, as I was growing more and more dissatisfied, and was about to switch back to Sonos or another multi-room player. 

At this moment in time, I am happy again with my B&O gear, and doing what I was supposed to be doing over the last months, ie. enjoying the music rather than trying to fix the system...

Here are the things I have changed in my setup

• assign fixed IP addresses to the B&O devices. The Telenet modem/router (homegateway) does not allow to do DHCP Reservations on the router, so I used the B&O app to assign Fixed IP addresses to the Essence and the A6. (I couldn't find how to assign fixed IP to a V1 television in wireless mode)
  • I installed an additional Access Point (also provided by my ISP) so that I now have excellent Wifi coverage throughout the entire house. I switched of the Wifi Signal in the router to avoid wifi channel conflicts. (I also learned the "black" Telenet Home Gateways only supports the n standard, whereas their Access Points support the more recent ac standard resulting in much more powerful wifi coverage). After this change, the B&O app shows an "uitstekend" (Excellent) for the strength of the wifi connection on all my devices throughout the house.
  • I used to use powerlines for connecting to the Telenet digiboxes and for regular internet traffic. I don't know if this has any further impact on my network behaviour, but I changed the setup so that the powerlines are used exclusively for the Digiboxes. All the other devices are connected either through cabling or wifi.

The combined result of the above changes is that B&O setup finally became stable and performant. It is now running for a couple of weeks, and I didn't have to restart once (whereas I previously used to restart my Essence almost on a daily basis). I still have the feeling that B&O is much more sensitive to network/wifi quality than other devices, nevertheless, I am very happy that the set-up is now working and behaving as expected.

I found this interesting enough to share with the broader (Belgian) Beoworld community!

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL