Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 7-6 vs Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

BURRITOTOES
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
BURRITOTOES Posted: Fri, Jun 29 2018 2:22 PM

I currently have an older B&W Panorama, but just bought a storage unit at auction that had a BeoLab 7-6. I bought the storage unit hoping for lots of B&O speakers, but it mostly had everything else B&O and the Beolab was the only thing with a speaker in the unit.

My TV and soundbar are currently in an armoire that is barely big enough for the panorama, so I would have to buy a new much larger stand for the TV to accommodate the huge Beolab. 

I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to B&O, is the Beolab intended as a soundbar? Or more of a giant center speaker? If it's more of a center, I'll probably have to keep the panorama, the wife is not a fan of extra speakers in the living room. It's going to be a challenge to get her onboard with just an almost 6 foot long soundbar.

So, after all that, any idea on which would sound better? 

Thanks for any insight - Cris

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,849
Bronze Member
It is a stereo sound at with no need for a subwoofer.

From what I read about the Panorama, the 7.6 will sound better.

Do notice that it will only have aux-input with a aftermarket cable.

No hdmi or optical.

I had a surround sound at from Samsung (the good one), but I prefer a regular stereo speaker.

Can you post a picture of your current setup? What size tv do you have?
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,849
Bronze Member
The 7.6 will look very nice under a 65” tv Big Smile
BURRITOTOES
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

Thanks, I've been wanting a bigger tv anyway, sounds like the perfect reason to buy one!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 1,428
Gold Member

Hi Burritotoes,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Beolab 7-6 is a superb stereo speaker, which will transform the sound of your TV.

The only way to connect the speaker directly to your TV is if the TV has a headphone socket fitted, as this is the only socket where the volume of the sound can be controlled.  Your Beolab 7-6 speaker needs a special powered cable to generate the trigger signals that would normally be sent from a B&O television:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/line-in-connection/minijack-to-beolab-2-7-10-2500-powered-trigger-kit

If your TV doesn't have a headphone socket fitted, please let me know, as additional hardware may be needed.  In this configuration, the TV will control the speaker volume, but the speaker will remain on all the time that the trigger cable is connected and powered on.

Any questions, please ask!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,415
Founder
kallasr replied on Fri, Jun 29 2018 4:25 PM

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL