Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
152 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos posted on Thu, May 24 2018 9:39 AM

Hello all!

I was planning for a LOOONG time to buy a beolink gateway and the time has come! I have a few questions though and any help is more than welcome.

I have somfy shutter installed in my windows and some hue bulbs here and there. My goal is to control lighting, shutters, drapes, thermostat and doorbell via my beolink gateway. As far as thermostat is concerned I have installed a couple of months ago a NEST thermostat so "thermostat" is beolink compatible. Door bell I have ordered a birddoor which is recommended by B&O so no problem there!

So far so good but lighting and shutter is a bit tricky as I live in Greece and many of the B&O partners do not have any presence in the greek market. For example Caseta would be the perfect solution for me but Lutron does not have a distributor in Greece and the dimensions of the switches do not match the 80*80 dimensions of a European wall switch.

Fibaro is a company that has a similar system which is comprised by a hub and different receivers (for lighting, for motion detection etc etc). Fibaro's system is using ZWAVE technology like the HUE bulbs.

Does any one have used the Fibaro system in conjunction with the beolink gateway?

Do you know if ZWAVE is beolink gateway compatible?

https://www.fibaro.com/us/

All Replies

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Thu, May 24 2018 6:42 PM
Looking at the same problems and stumbled on a Vera system. Frog on the forum uses Domotociz with a raspberry pi. Not sure it will support z-wave, the Vera plus does
kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
171 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Thu, May 24 2018 8:55 PM

Just add the z-wave modul to the Rpi and you have the support that you're looking for. I'm running with Domoticz on an Rpi2 + the Razberry board which works great and currently working on getting the implementation working with MasterLink using the old version of Masterlink Gateway.

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
152 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Sat, May 26 2018 7:58 AM

Thank you for the replies. I will have a look at both the Vera and the raspberry solution. As my knowledge on programming is very limited could you please confirm that the raspberry solution is easy to program?

Thank you

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
503 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Sat, May 26 2018 10:23 PM

Unfortunately not - you will need to work with custom strings on the gateway. Some programming on the raspberry. Not sure about z-wave plugins on the BLGW though - maybe that would be easier if there are some. 

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Sun, May 27 2018 10:46 AM

Hi, Just added a Vera System to the gateway it is on line but I have no clue what to add ? sorry not my field of expertise I use custom strings:

{ "u:SetLoadLevelTargetResponse": { "JobID": "18" } }

If I add the command in the browser it works

http://192.168.1.XX:3480/data_request?id=action&output_format=json&DeviceNum=17&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1&action=SetLoadLevelTarget&newLoadlevelTarget=30

If I paste this simply in the recource of the Vera plus I do not get a trigger?

Again sorry it should be simple but I am not a programmer

Thanks

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
152 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Tue, May 29 2018 8:06 AM

I have checked the vera plus and it looks that it covers the needs I have. Has any of you tried to connect the somfy Tahoma gateway to the beolink gateway?

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Tue, May 29 2018 5:22 PM
Yup does not work. I have Vera installed on the gateway and am able to send HTML from the gateway to Vera. I have also installed an RTX controller on it the 433e. Make sure you get the e and not the 433. You can send really a lot of stuff from Vera, but it is not a really nice interface, slow etc. I have the plus and it is green in the gateway which means it is connected. First try was sending a hue bulp through Vera although not necessary, it works.

For IO control I use a Velux KLF/R 200 Interface, first used the Tahoma but it has no api so it does not interact with the gateway. If you want to send commands through Alexa only it does work. I found it a bit risky opening my skylights with a voice commandBig Smile

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:38 PM
Got Fibaro switch 2 also working wih a puls switch so you can manually push or send a BLGW command through ipad or beo 1/4. These are really good dimmers from Fibaro. No reporting back though or at least I do not know how to send commands back to the gateway. Would be nice if somebody could help me out
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL