rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Charles65
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Charles65 posted on Sat, May 5 2018 9:07 PM

Hello,

So I have this old B&O set of redline speakers connected with a Beolink passive amp. The amp is connected to a beolink convertor to my PC. For volume control and to turn it on I use an Ir eye that plugs in the passive Amp.

I've want to use the essence remote to control my setup(volume and on/off) can this communicate with my old IR eye? http://beointegration.com/uploaded/BeoSound_Essence_Remote_IR_modes.pdf here it says there are 7 modes to control it, is there one that should work with my setup? If yes how would that work?

I know this a bit of weird setup but hey that is why I'm here

Thanks

All Replies

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,370 Posts
Bronze Member
TWG replied on Sun, May 6 2018 8:08 AM

Hi Charles,

there's no weird setup it's just the flexibility we love from B&O. :-)

The Essence remote send "Radio" on a short press and "CD" on a long press in Beo 4 mode. If you can wake up your Belink passive amp with that, it will react to the Essence remote, too. Volume will work but I don't know if it powers on the passive amp. 

Charles65
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey Thanks for your reply,

So when I set the essence remote to Beo4 IR (RADIO) and Beo4 IR (PLAY )mode, I can turn the amp off with a long press on the remote.

When I trry to turn it on I see the red light of the IR EYE blinking but it is not turning on. Would this have something to do with the fact I have no Beo4 remote and maybe need to use this to setup the IR EYE correctly? I havn't paired anything or have an Essence setup 

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
Charles65:

Hey Thanks for your reply,

So when I set the essence remote to Beo4 IR (RADIO) and Beo4 IR (PLAY )mode, I can turn the amp off with a long press on the remote.

When I trry to turn it on I see the red light of the IR EYE blinking but it is not turning on. Would this have something to do with the fact I have no Beo4 remote and maybe need to use this to setup the IR EYE correctly? I havn't paired anything or have an Essence setup

I think you need to setup it in option 6 or 2. If it blinks it works.Big Smile
Charles65
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey,

so the ir Eye blinks in 2 and 6 option If I hold the dark circle on the essence remote but no turning on or volume control, I can only turn it off ?

So any ideas ? :)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,033 Posts
Bronze Member

Did you also try ‘mode 7’?

By the way, is the PL cable in the setup a fully wired one?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Charles65
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

So there is no Powerlink cable connected to the amp, I've connected a masterlink from the amp to a beolink and from there to my pc.

Would I need a Powerlink cable ?

C

toptip
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
toptip replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 5:58 AM

I hope this is not a very ignorant question as I am not very familiar with different command structures B&O used over the years.

I have a setup of BM6500, BG 5500, BG CD6500, BC6500 and BL7000. I also set up a “Harmony Hub” which I control over the wi-fi with an iPad or iPhone. This works very well except I have to use an ugly Harmony IR blaster hanging in front of the BeO stack.

Now, I have this beautiful IR Eye (the silver disc with the black control bar) which I have never used. Is that in any way compatible with the BM6500? Can I attach it to one of the Beolink DIN sockets in the back and shoot IR commands into it?

Many thanks

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,849 Posts
Bronze Member
It will not replace the harmony IR-blaster, if that is your question.
toptip
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
toptip replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:59 PM

Thank you for your response.

Is it at all compatible with the BM6500? Will it do anything if I connect it?

toptip
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
toptip replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:59 PM

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL