Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

William
Not Ranked
Copenhagen Denmark
3 Posts
Bronze Member
William posted on Thu, May 3 2018 5:33 PM

Hey everyone!

I apologize already if this is a complete noob question, but I bought a beocenter 5000 here the other day and it is showing all the symptoms of overheating, it shuts off by itself after 30ish mins, the cooling fins are waaay too hot and then afterwards it wont play more then a few mins until the cooling fins have shutoff. The same happens even if the speakers are disconnected, however just takes a bit longer. Anybody have any idea how to fix it? or should I just throw some small fans onto the cooling fins and hope that helps :/

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
779 Posts
Bronze Member
Sounds like a classic case of bad trim pots. If you keep using it like this (even with cooling fans) it will cause greater damage and a more expensive repair.
William
Not Ranked
Copenhagen Denmark
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hmm, hopefully doesnt sound too expensive of an repair, any idea what a price range could look like?

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
779 Posts
Bronze Member
Parts are inexpensive and these are nice to work on if you’re inclined to do the repair yourself. Otherwise it will depend on what options you have for a knowledgeable and willing repair person and labor cost.

I’d recap it while you are at it and you’ll be treated with years of great performance. If you do it yourself, email this guy and he’ll probably have a kit

https://beoparts.com
William
Not Ranked
Copenhagen Denmark
3 Posts
Bronze Member

I now feel a bit stupid, but where are the trim pots located? I couldnt find them in the electronics diagram in the manual

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
779 Posts
Bronze Member
3r12 and 3r224 (3r124)
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL