Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

beogram 1202 is nice but lazy, how can i solve this ?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 0 Followers

arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen posted on Tue, Apr 17 2018 10:52 AM

Hello

Good day to all,

I will not praise enough how eclectic and beautiful the 1202 is, the platter with those pentagonal dispossed rubber pegs, the sleek arm, and the purity of lines and absence of additional elements that might distract you from the intrinsec beauty

I bought this 1202 (see attached photo) from a seller in the UK with the "non working" tab on it

i previously owned a 1203 which problem was an incorrect belt, so I was ready to the challenge

Received the 1202 and it was frozen, yes, changed the UK-plug, opened the rear cover and cleaned the dust by blowing it with compressed air, cleaned all the shafts and pivots with very thin MoS2 oil and placed a new correct rubber belt

to my surprise and happyness it started moving with a permanent noise comming from the iddler wheel

all functions were working well, the lift button makes the platter spin and the arm moving, ...

the rumble of the iddler Wheel was horrible, so after Reading some comments on hardened rubber wheels i decided to soak it in glycerine for some time, clean the excess and make the turntable spin for hours

this came back as a correct thing, rumble started to decrease to become an acceptable rumour

so plugged the turntable and tested the sound of it, all was good, speed was good,

All Replies

arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

this is it

arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 11:04 AM

Ok

so i registered to this fórum and traced the 1202 lazy motor issue and find no response

i have read and amazing detailed restoration of another model turntable motor with the oil infused bearings and so on by Mr. Rudy Beolover, but can not tell if this is the way. Mr. Rudy himself recommended me to write in here

arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 11:10 AM

well let me describe the symptoms

when i start the turntable for the first time after more than one day it starts extremely slooooooowwwwly, extremely, brutally slowly

it might take 2 to 4 minutes to reach the right speed, then for the rest fo the time the turntable will perform flawlessly, perfect, both in 33 or in 45 rpms, all the time needed, one, two, three hours, all fine

...until next day :-( ....and again a lazy start

as i mentioned, i greased all the shafts, including the motor shafts with Molybdene bisulfur oil, but i know nothing about this particular motors, if they have the bronze bearings infused with oil or not, no idea

any help will be highly appreciated

regards

arsen

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member
The bronze bearings on the motor shaft will need to be removed, cleaned, and re-infused with the process shown on the beolover site.

I did as you did, squirting cleaner and lube to get my similar bg3000 to start but it acted like yours. Going through the infusing process helped a lot.
Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member
Also, check this out!

https://beoparts.com/2018/04/13/idler-wheel-for-beogram-1000-1200-1202-1203-3000-etc/

I’m now ordering one. I’d advise getting the belt from him too, anything else will cause trouble.
arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 2:54 PM

thank you for your answer

did you re-infused oil into your bearings by yourself ?

you said it helped a lot, was it not solved ?

p.s. yeah i got a Wheel from Martin, and i subscribe the belt point, got it from him,  thank you

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member
I did re-infuse myself. And the speed is close to perfect but not quite. If the new idler doesn’t fix all, the old one is pretty uneven, I’ll try a different oil. I used a synthetic engine oil the first time.
arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Tue, Apr 17 2018 7:25 PM

thank you very much for your answer  Peter,

any tips on the process of reinfusing

how difficult is to remove the motor from its place ?

and the bearings ? do you have to de-solder anything like in the case of the Beogram 4002 bearings that Rudy did on his Beolover

blog ? the motor is different hence my question

regards 

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member

It's much different. I apparently don't have the pictures anymore from when I did mine. Moderate difficulty. Take lots of pictures as you go, it can be a bit of a puzzle the first time putting it back together.

With infusing, I heated the oil when I did my BG4002 and I got more bubbles from the bearing, so I'm assuming that helped.

arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Fri, Apr 20 2018 11:07 AM

thank you Peter

moderate difficulty will be difficult to meassure :-)

which kind of oil do you recommend to use ?

regards

Arsen

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member
I used a synthetic 5w30 I use for my car for the first 4 motors I've done. Next time I'll use a standard SAE30 oil, that is what oilite recommended. Less additives I don't need.
arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:25 PM

fantastic

so a mineral oil ?

thank you

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
742 Posts
Gold Member
arsen:

fantastic

so a mineral oil ?

thank you

Not quite. Something more like this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homelite-18-oz-SAE-30-Small-Engine-Oil-AB30200A/202564512
arsen
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
arsen replied on Fri, May 4 2018 8:19 AM

thank you ;-)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL