Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Eclipse: No sound when listening to Deezer or networked NAS (hardware problem or software problem?)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin posted on Thu, Apr 5 2018 1:19 PM

Hi,

After recent software upgrade I have a serious problem when listening to Deezer or using my connected NAS with the B&O-app.

Some times I get no (2.0-channel) sound at all. When I go into the "sound-info"-menu I says 0.0 (sound input) when i should say 2.0.

So the inbuilt streaming function in the soundcenter dont send out any sound. When this happens I must put the power off and I have also made a "factory-reset" of the sound center. But it happens again. Some times it works several days but suddenly the sound stops coming and the "sound-info"-menu in the TV says 0.0 (=no sound input to the soundcenter at all!),.

Have anyone had this problem when listening to music with deezer or a NAS with the B&O-app?

I am afraid that there is some issue with the soundcenter. My dealer had not heard any problem like this before.

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. 

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
694 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Apr 6 2018 4:49 AM

I have not experienced this problem.  It does switch to the default speakers when switching between music (deezer, Nas) and TV. 

Stan

Beofan67
Not Ranked
NETHERLANDS
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin:

Hi,

After recent software upgrade I have a serious problem when listening to Deezer or using my connected NAS with the B&O-app.

Since this week I can also get no sound out of my eclipse when using spotify, nas or tunein via the BO app. Is it due to the latest app update or an issue with the Eclipse (again, had this before around beginning of this year). Not sure?

Beofan with current setup Beovison Eclipse 55, Beosound 35, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, I have made a total factory reset and now it works. I hope it will do so more days and not just today when I did the reset.

I think it is a software bug in the tv. If it was a hardware failure it should not work even with a factory reset.

best regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. 

Beofan67
Not Ranked
NETHERLANDS
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin:

Hi, I have made a total factory reset

Thanks Martin. A power reset will do as well for me.

It is a sw issue because It occured due to an earlier sw version as well. Hope there will be an update soon.

Beofan with current setup Beovison Eclipse 55, Beosound 35, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 12:15 PM

Hi Beofan67,

have you changed Soundmodes from ”MUSIC” to ”Custom”? I have got this problem Since I have tried different soundmodes. Maybe a coincindent that my ”no sound” problem occured Since I tried different soundmodes.

Best regards

martin

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
694 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 2:43 PM

After working fine all yesterday afternoon, this morning dlna, Tune-In, Spotify and Deezer no longer produce any sound.  I have not used any custom soundmodes.  The LG music app still worked for dlna.

Unplugging and re-plugging fixed it. Definitely a software issue :( 

Stan

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 10:40 PM

Hi Stan, I have reported the issue to Beocare. Please do it you too so they fix the problem. The more people WHO reports problems the faster BO make a fix.

best regardds

Martin

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:58 AM

Hi, Since friday (soon a week) my Eclipse works at it should. Last Friday I made a total factory reset (the second time) and the Deezer sound output och "music" from my NAS works as it should.

BUT: I have NOT switched the sound-mode from "music" to "custom" this time. That is why I think that the software bug is in the software for the soundcenter. When switching to Custom the Trueimage processor is OFF and maybe here is the sw-bug. So when switching the Truimage-processor from ON to OFF and ON again then the sound will stopp working when listering to music thru the B&O-app.

I think here is the answer to the problems I have had. It is i pitty that I dont can use the Eclipse Sound-mode Custom because this is the most "pure" 2.0-channel sound you get from the eclipse (accoring to the Technical sound guide).

So: I recommend no one with the Eclipse to switch sound-mode from "music" to "custom" and then back again to "music". You will loose the sound. It still works with all Video-sources but the sound when listening to music with the B&O-app will dissapear.

If someone is brave with their Eclipse, please try make the switch and then put the TV in standby.

After some minutes start the TV with the B&O-app and listen to Deezer. Do you have sound comming from your connected speakers or not?

Best Regards
Martin

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
694 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Thu, Apr 12 2018 3:09 PM

Martin,

I think I said this above, but I have experienced this problem without ever switching into "custom" mode.  All I did was have it run DLNA and Deezer all afternoon (~4 hrs), and then watched TV, and the next morning Music didn't work.  I've listened to DLNA and Deezer for short periods (20-30 min) without problem.  This is the first time I listened for hours.  I did report it to BeoCare, but there has been no follow-up aside from "we've received your report and are looking into it".  I don't listen to music on my Eclipse very often so I will try your test.

Stan

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Fri, Apr 13 2018 4:59 AM

Thanks Stan. I am looking forward to hear from you when you have made the ”test”.

best Regards

Martin

Moifou
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Moifou replied on Fri, Apr 13 2018 8:23 AM

Good morning

i was Eclipse user for 3 months. But after constant issue with stability and sound issues i decided to return it back. 

Honestly i really don’t understand the level of masochism I had. Spend 10000 euros on a TV that requires constant updates. Hangs crashes and support just acknowledge receival of email. I am used to a different premium products customer service. 

I still have old BeoVision in my house, but no more new BO products until company gets back on track of making premium products and premium support

phil

Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
330 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Fri, Apr 13 2018 3:45 PM

Hi Moifou,

Exactly what Issues did You have? Can you describe them more in detail (just interested).

I am especially interested in what issues You had which was sound-related.

Best Regards
Martin

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
300 Posts
Bronze Member

Moifou:

Good morning

i was Eclipse user for 3 months. But after constant issue with stability and sound issues i decided to return it back. 

Honestly i really don’t understand the level of masochism I had. Spend 10000 euros on a TV that requires constant updates. Hangs crashes and support just acknowledge receival of email. I am used to a different premium products customer service. 

I still have old BeoVision in my house, but no more new BO products until company gets back on track of making premium products and premium support

phil

Soon you'll be able to buy a BeoPlay P6 for 399. Tried and true chinese quality internals and sophisticated polystyrene used in all other BeoPlay devices that you can test at your dealer and buy from (and return to) Amazon. Plus you have plenty of B&O employees or contractors trolling all the forum boards and social media so they know what goes wrong. Quality service and quality support for the new generation. And ONLY slightly higher than the HomePod which has no battery. You got out cheap. 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
694 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Apr 13 2018 7:20 PM

Martin:

Thanks Stan. I am looking forward to hear from you when you have made the ”test”.

Hi Martin,

Using the "custom" sound mode did not reproduce the problem for me.  I turned the TV on using the remote, selecting "Music", navigated to "sound" and selected "custom".  Listened for a few minutes.  Turned it off using remote.  Had lunch.  Turned it on using the app, and no problem.  I did it again (turned on Music, selected sound/"custom"), let it play for a few minutes, then watched TV for a couple hours, then turned off, then turned on this morning with the app, and again no problem.

One difference may be that I only have a BeoLab 2 connected.  I do not have other external speakers.  It does sound a bit different when I select "custom" so it is doing something.

Stan

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL