Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 3 Followers

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack posted on Fri, Mar 30 2018 2:44 PM

Hi !

Currently I am using Deezer mirroring from android phone to smart tv app.Audio from tv via toslink/spdif adapter into Bsys3.Now,in order to improve quality of the sound,thinking about connecting Deezer wifi directly to Bsys3,thus bypassing tv sound output processing.

I have on my mind Chromecast:

1) To use Chromecast 2 - plug hdmi into one of the inputs to Bsys3.Is it going to work(does Chromecast 2       support Deezer)?

2) To use Chromecast Audio - 3.5 mm jack to plug into one of the spdif inputs on Bsys3.Not shure this will       work.Or there is any workaround?

Any suggestion/advice most welcome !

OldJack

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,Earphones A8,Keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,108 Posts
Bronze Member

Not sure I quite understand what you did before, however.

Do you use an app on a non-B&O tv,, or?
——

Both ways will work.

But be aware, that you won’t be able to distribute the sound on the ML...if you have other ML-products.

What do you mean by ‘thus bypassing tv sound output processing.’?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
113 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 3:42 PM

OldJack:

1) To use Chromecast 2 - plug hdmi into one of the inputs to Bsys3.Is it going to work(does Chromecast 2       support Deezer)?

2) To use Chromecast Audio - 3.5 mm jack to plug into one of the spdif inputs on Bsys3.Not shure this will       work.Or there is any workaround?

Any suggestion/advice most welcome !

Hi,

this is just a guess and what I would do:

Connect the Chromecast via SPDIF digital in (digital cable, not  the yellow analogue, you will need another one. Toslink works best for digital in)

Enable " Full Dynamic Range" in the Chromecast settings.

And yes, Deezer is supported by GCC.

But I don't know about the Deezer app and how well it works, don't have Deezer.

Good luck!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,108 Posts
Bronze Member

OldJack:

2) To use Chromecast Audio - 3.5 mm jack to plug into one of the spdif inputs on Bsys3.Not shure this will work.

Note: You will need an optical to coax converter for this!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
113 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 4:07 PM

Millemissen:

OldJack:

2) To use Chromecast Audio - 3.5 mm jack to plug into one of the spdif inputs on Bsys3.Not shure this will work.

Note: You will need an optical to coax converter for this!

MM

Right, something like this?

https://smile.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B000LB65XO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&qid=1522422217&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=toslink+kabel+3.5+mm+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41KpjTOCv4L&ref=plSrch

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member

Millemissen:

——

Both ways will work.

But be aware, that you won’t be able to distribute the sound on the ML...if you have other ML-products.

MM

Hi MM !

Yes,I am using third party tv apps.And it is working fine.I am trying to get  audio from Deezer to Chromecast2 plugged  into Bsys3 directly,to do audio processing(instead into the tv,and again back from tv to Bsys3,to eliminate toslink/spdif converter).This way I can assign one of the buttons on Beo4 to control Deezer.So,if Chromecast 2 supports Deezer,I am good to go with hdmi input on Bsys3.

Just wondering what exactly I need: Chromecast 2 or Chromecast Audio.

As for other ML products,only Ouverture is masterlinked.Also I used to plug cable (headphones-out from android phone into AUX) on Ouverture for streaming,and it is working well.Just trying to get stremaing wifi with Bsys3.

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,Earphones A8,Keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member

Ulrike,thanks for a tip

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
113 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:16 PM

OldJack:

Millemissen:

——

Both ways will work.

MM

Hi MM !

Yes,I am using third party tv apps.And it is working fine.I am trying to get  audio from Deezer to Chromecast2 plugged  into Bsys3 directly,to do audio processing(instead into the tv,and again back from tv to Bsys3,to eliminate toslink/spdif converter).This way I can assign one of the buttons on Beo4 to control Deezer.So,if Chromecast 2 supports Deezer,I am good to go with hdmi input on Bsys3.

Just wondering what exactly I need: Chromecast 2 or Chromecast Audio.

As for other ML products,only Ouverture is masterlinked.Also I used to plug cable (headphones-out from android phone into AUX) on Ouverture for streaming,and it is working well.Just trying to get stremaing wifi with Bsys3.

You just want to stream audio, right?

Not video?

In this case take an audio GCC 2.

For suitable cables and audio inputs have a look:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6280276?hl=en

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Ulrike

Google Chromecast 2, and Chromecast audio are two different dongles.

Yes,I would like to stream audio only,thru beosystem3,not needing to switch on tv.But,if Google Chromecast 2 supports Deezer,that is fine to me.

Anybody actually using Google Chromecast2 with Beosystem3 mk3, can confirm it supports Deezer streaming?

Leogoeswild,when you are awake,I know you have the answer...Smile

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member

Ulrike:

Thanks , UlrikeLets have a Party !!!

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
113 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Mar 30 2018 9:48 PM

Boring Good Friday Big Smile

Take the right one 

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast_audio?hl=en-US

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 10:56 PM

Chosen Google chromecast 2, not plugged into the tv hdmi input,but plugged directly into Bsys3 hdmi input.Thus audio processing done by Bsys3.

Sounds excellent.Controlled by Beo4navi.

Long live Beosystem3...still hoping to see Beosystem5...

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,295 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Jun 15 2018 8:07 AM

How do you control the Chromecast with a Beo 4? Can you stream every audio output of any app to the Chromecast 2 or is a Chromecast audio required for that?

Thanks. :)

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
148 Posts
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:35 PM

Hi TWG !

With CC2 you can stream any app from your android(Deezer,Spotify,TuneIn radio,Netflix,etc).

I plugged CC2 into hdmi B input on Bsys3.Named it PC,and when I press PC on Beo4,it will open input for CC2.

Start deezer streaming from Chromecast on my android phone,sit back and enjoy.

Reason why I didn't plug CC2 into (third party) tv is; I do not like navigating thru tv smart applications,and mainly I do not like audio to pass thru tv,then by 

optical/spdif converter back to Bsys3.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL