Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Beolink Wireless 1

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 3 Followers

peria
Top 200 Contributor
319 Posts
Bronze Member
peria posted on Fri, Oct 12 2012 6:54 PM

I have a question about a new home. Wiring 3 rooms is very difficult and therefore quite expensive. I would like one room with a BS3000+6000, another room with 8000, and a third with BV8 to be linked. Is the BL Wireless 1 a viable solution?

I am considering three BL Wireless units.

1. BL Wireless (transmitter) connected to BS3000 (Audio Master) via ML. BL 6000 connected to BS3000.

2. BL Wireless (receiver) with IR receiver connected to BL8000

3. BL Wireless (receiver) connected via ML to BV8 (what option?)

I currently use an Apple Airport extreme with good results. 

Any thoughts?

All Replies

Vienna
Top 75 Contributor
make an educated guess
1,090 Posts
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:17 PM

peria:
1. BL Wireless (transmitter) connected to BS3000 (Audio Master) via ML. BL 6000 connected to BS3000.

2. BL Wireless (receiver) with IR receiver connected to BL8000

3. BL Wireless (receiver) connected via ML to BV8 (what option?)

1. will work (A.OPT1)

2. will work (L.OPT5)

3. will work (V.OPT6) **)

**) Limitations of this setup:

- In a B&O wireless setup it is MANDATORY all MASTERS (Video / Audio) and the WIRELESS TRANSMITTER
  are HARD-WIRED via MasterLink cable.

- Therefore your TV can't be the Videomaster of your system, it will be just a Link.-TV.

-  You will not be able to distribute the sound of your TV (and videosources connected to it) to other rooms.   

-  Distributing audio from your BSd 3000 to both other rooms will be possible.

peria:
I currently use an Apple Airport extreme with good results. 

B&O wireless works completely independent from any TCP/IP based router/accesspoint.
The coverage of B&O wireless can differ from the coverage of your accesspoint !! 

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
471 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:21 PM
What Vienna said is correct. I have helped my brother in law with a simular setup. Works perfect. Please note the remarks made by Vienna, otherwise it won't work. It's one-way only.

Good luck with your setup!
peria
Top 200 Contributor
319 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) peria replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:50 PM
Suggested by smuehli

Thanks you. I think it will work for me then. In any event, I was under the impression that a BV8 could only serve as a link TV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,208 Posts
Founder

Vienna:

3. will work (V.OPT6) **)

**) Limitations of this setup:

- In a B&O wireless setup it is MANDATORY all MASTERS (Video / Audio) and the WIRELESS TRANSMITTER
  are HARD-WIRED via MasterLink cable.

- Therefore your TV can't be the Videomaster of your system, it will be just a Link.-TV.

-  You will not be able to distribute the sound of your TV (and videosources connected to it) to other rooms.   

-  Distributing audio from your BSd 3000 to both other rooms will be possible.

Let me see if I understand this Smile

Using the excellent explanation you provided in another thread, "V.OPT 6 viceolink (slave) responding to videocommands AND audio commands abd send them via Masterlink to video/audiomaster"

So the BV8 thinks it is a video slave even though there is no video master ... and so:

• any audio only commands (e.g. [RADIO], [CD]) are transmitted to the BS3000 and the audio is received by the BV8 and played through the BV8's speakers (and any that may be attached to the BV8)
  • any video commands that correspond to the BV8's sources will be acted upon and the audio will come through the BV8's speakers, but NOT be transmitted through to the rest of the house 
  • any LINK or non-BV8 video source commands will be "lost" or "disappear" since there is no video master to receive them

I think there is a difference here, if the systems were hard-wired via MasterLink cable, then a [TV] command in the BS6000 room would trigger the BV8 and result in the BS6000 room hearing the BV8. So whereas the ML cable is truly bi-directional, the Wireless implementation is only partially bi-directional ?

None the less, this configuration might be helpful in my set up ! So thank you for the ideas Smile

BeoNut since '75

Vienna
Top 75 Contributor
make an educated guess
1,090 Posts
Bronze Member
Vienna replied on Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:17 AM

elephant:

Big Smile Satori ! 

elephant:
... think there is a difference here, if the systems were hard-wired via MasterLink cable, then a
[TV] command in the BS6000 room would trigger the BV8 and result in the BS6000 room hearing the BV8.

A.OPT / V.OPT / L.OPT 4, 5 or 6 are "Slave Options" 
preventing content from local sources beeing "exported"  to other rooms.

A.OPT / V.OPT 0, 1 or 2 are "Master Options" 
allowing content from local sources beeing requested by other rooms.

If the BV8 would also be ML- hard-wired (and beeing in a separate room from the audio master
in "A.OPT 2") you would set  the option on the BV8 to "V.OPT 2"

This would make the TV a video master beeing able to "answer requests" coming from an audio master
 (then set to "A.OPT 2") or from link rooms (then set to "L.OPT 4 or 6").  

**) ADDED

elephant:
So whereas the ML cable is truly bi-directional, the Wireless implementation is only partially bi-directional ?

The reason are the ML-IDs (comparable to IP addresses in a TCP/IP network)
Only hard-wired units will receive IDs from the Master (figure this as "DHCP for ML")   

**) ADDED:

... and of course link-rooms with a secondary "local" audio system in "A.OPT 4 or 6"
     as well as rooms equipped with additional TVs in "V.OPT 4 or 6" 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,208 Posts
Founder

Vienna:

elephant:

Big Smile Satori ! 

elephant:
... think there is a difference here, if the systems were hard-wired via MasterLink cable, then a
[TV] command in the BS6000 room would trigger the BV8 and result in the BS6000 room hearing the BV8.

A.OPT / V.OPT / L.OPT 4, 5 or 6 are "Slave Options" 
preventing content from local sources beeing "exported"  to other rooms.

A.OPT / V.OPT 0, 1 or 2 are "Master Options" 
allowing content from local sources beeing requested by other rooms.

If the BV8 would also be ML- hard-wired (and beeing in a separate room from the audio master
in "A.OPT 2") you would set  the option on the BV8 to "V.OPT 2"

This would make the TV a video master beeing able to "answer requests" coming from an audio master
 (then set to "A.OPT 2") or from link rooms (then set to "L.OPT 4 or 6").    

elephant:
So whereas the ML cable is truly bi-directional, the Wireless implementation is only partially bi-directional ?

The reason are the ML-IDs (comparable to IP addresses in a TCP/IP network)
Only hard-wired units will receive IDs from the Master (figure this as "DHCP for ML")   

Well my friend, I must thank you ... we are redecorating the front half of the house, and so I was faced with having to reconfigure the environment for probably the next 3 months (Christmas is always a busy time), and so I was faced with trying to make things not just different but better !

When you posted these hints and tips I was delighted because it gave me hope for some new options ... which I implemented this weekend Smile

Below is a picture of what works ! Now we have a fully functioning BV8-32 in the bedroom ... but without having to lay any ML ... just using a Beolink Wireless 1 receiver the way you suggested I can now play CD, A.MEM, and FOXTEL (V.AUX) on the BV8-32.  Of course TV and DTV had worked, but it is delightful to have a full extension without the additional disturbance of ML cable laying !

BeoNut since '75

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,297 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 8:19 AM

Hey Beoworld,

1.) Does anybody know if the Beolink Wireless system is able to send light and control commands wirelessly, too when it's just connected to speakers?

2.) Does it send these commands (light + control) when it's  connected to a ML-device like a Beovision or Beomaster 5?

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
326 Posts
Silver Member

I don't know for sure but I'd say it is very unlikely it can send light commands because there is no IR "out" on a Wireless 1. Even if you add a IR eye, that is only a receiver. 

I'm not sure what you mean by control commands but if they rely on IR "out" then very unlikely too.

Stoobie

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
326 Posts
Silver Member

Double post. 

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
326 Posts
Silver Member

Triple post.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,297 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 6:27 AM

Sorry, my fault, I think I wasn't precise enough.
I want to know if the Beolink Wireless 1 system does can receive the light + control commands through it's IR-eye, transmit them wirelessly to the Beolink Wireless 1 receiver which transmits the light + control commands onto the Masterlink-Bus to a MLGW or BLGW.

Lars Alsbjerg
Not Ranked
Århus, Denmark
11 Posts
Bronze Member
I am not 100% sure, but since it is a one way connection, it is highly unlikely that it is possible Sad
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL