Eclipse on sale at dealers

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

adlcorbett
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
adlcorbett Posted: Fri, Feb 9 2018 5:55 PM
Selfridges and another dealer offering up to £1,800 trade-ins already. Another B&O lemon?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,969
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Feb 9 2018 7:04 PM
Campaigns like that is nothing strange. Think that has occurred for most Beovisions.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 457
Bronze Member
adlcorbett:

Selfridges and another dealer offering up to £1,800 trade-ins already. Another B&O lemon?

Not at all, this is a regular promo at this time of year. We’ve seen this type of offer with BV10, then BV11, last year it was Avant and now Eclipse.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,182
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 5:13 AM
Any rumours for Australia ?

This is the downside of our country reverting to a franchise instead of being part of the B&O empire !

BeoNut since '75

Rob.B
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 280
Gold Member
Rob.B replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 6:06 AM

Elephant, Have you experienced the franchise in Melbourne

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,182
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 10:58 AM
Rob.B:

Elephant, Have you experienced the franchise in Melbourne

Yes and in general it has been good.

Certainly the Emerald Group have arranged some great launches — something I had not experienced with the Smorgon family.

However the reality is we have a new middle man — so they may do their special deals .... and they may choose not to follow Denmark’s lead.

BeoNut since '75

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 136
Founder
beoaus replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:23 PM

I could be wrong, thought it may be the Kennedy Luxury Group nowadays.

I wonder if its an Agency arrangement with a few franchised or partnership stores.

Beoaus.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,182
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:29 PM
beoaus:

I could be wrong, thought it may be the Kennedy Luxury Group nowadays.

I wonder if its an Agency arrangement with a few franchised or partnership stores.

Beoaus.

That is very interesting.

Have you done any corporate research eg ASIC ?

BeoNut since '75

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,796
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Tue, Feb 13 2018 12:43 AM

Kennedy (E.G.I. Investments) is the Master Dealer for Australia & New Zealand, like Andrew Donaldson and the Smorgan family were. Premium Sound in St Kilda is a Victorian franchise, Audiohub in Perth is a W.A. franchise.

x:________________________

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,029
Bronze Member
Jonathan:

Kennedy (E.G.I. Investments) is the Master Dealer for Australia & New Zealand, like Andrew Donaldson and the Smorgan family were. Premium Sound in St Kilda is a Victorian franchise, Audiohub in Perth is a W.A. franchise.

A franchise of Kennedy? Or independent Jon?

I still have to come and have a look at B&O Camberwell :-)
John
Top 200 Contributor
Australia
Posts 312
Bronze Member
John replied on Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:25 AM

Jonathan:

I am reliably informed that Premium Sound in St. Kilda is the Bose shop that used to be Denman HiFi and that B&O are being sold alongside Bose, with the salespeople having little real knowledge of B&O products.

Certainly whilst this move might benefit the Emerald group as wholesalers, and perhaps up the number of units that Struer sells, the downside is that the established B&O only outlets are reputably suffering loss of business, whilst the publics link of B&O being just an over expensive Bose product, seems to be getting strengthened.  

It might be good for the Emerald group and short term sales, but I don't feel it augurs well for the future - a bit like being able to buy a Lexus at the local toyota dealer - if there isn't a sense of exclusivity and added value re service, how can they justify the price?

Certainly I've heard upset murmurs from some highly experienced and HiFi literate staff at B&O's standalone emporiums, considering their options re a move elsewhere - which would be a huge loss to B&O, knowing of their backgrounds and experience in the world of HiFi and AV.

Cheers

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 136
Founder
beoaus replied on Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:57 AM

To get back on topic and being positive.

Perhaps the discounts offered on the Eclipse internationally will make it downunder. Fingers crossed.

I for one would have a closer look.

Beoaus.

VANTAGE
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
VANTAGE replied on Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:16 AM

Yes, they have a similar campaign running in Denmark at the moment (DKK 10,000 for your old TV). I just pulled the trigger on an Eclipse 65" and on top of this rebate, I got a nice price for my beloved BV 7-55.

Vantage

Beovision Eclipse 65 -  BL5 - BL3

McIntosh MC601 x 2 - McIntosh C50 - McIntosh D100 -  McIntosh MHP1000 - Focal Scala V2 Utopia - McIntosh McAire

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,796
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Wed, Feb 14 2018 11:44 PM

Off topic (sorry)

It's a bit of a double edged sword...

Keep it exclusive in standalone stores, and the brand slips from people's minds and stores close because they don't make money

Let select retailers sell B&O properly, and the product will look great next to competitors eg Bose but loses a little exclusivity

I think it's beneficial. Gets the brand out a lot more, the independents do better marketing for the brand, they're VERY carefully selected so not in Harvey Norman or JB Hifi. Kennedy wants to move units, and wants another successful brand under their umbrella, but they need a much more creative marketing spend.

The reason Smorgan stopped doing B&O in Australia was that Struer wouldn't let them franchise or sell outside dedicated stores. I think that was a narrow old fashioned view that is thankfully changing! 

Back on topic...

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,796
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Thu, Feb 15 2018 12:39 AM

Aussie Michael:
Jonathan:

A franchise of Kennedy? Or independent Jon?

I still have to come and have a look at B&O Camberwell :-)

Kennedy has the complete rights to Bang & Olufsen in Australia and New Zealand, but there is a second Play distributor in Australia. Premium Sound and Audiohub are franchises through Kennedy, so they buy from Kennedy not Struer.

Feel free to drop by, maybe message me before you come to ensure I'm there. Only for a limited time unfortunately

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL