rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 37 Replies | 4 Followers

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
DavidSJones76 posted on Thu, Feb 1 2018 1:13 PM

Hey guys,

I have had several B&O and Beoplay speakers for a couple of months now. I have a Beosound 2, a Beosound 1, 3 x Beoplay A6, 2 x Beoplay M5 and 2 x Beoplay M3. I have them mostly in my living room with a couple of the other speakers throughout my house.

The problem I have is that almost everyday, I cannot get the speakers to all play together. Sometimes when I connect all of the speakers together using the app they all play together as expected, but most of the time they play then a speaker will stop then reconnect or they will all take it in turns to stop then reconnect. The worst part is that they sometimes don't even play in sync, so its like a massive echo going on.

When they work, I absolutely love the speakers, but I just cannot get them to play multi-room most of the time. Also, sometimes even when I play just one speaker it keeps cutting out. 

I have tried many solutions such as turning off chrome cast or having chrome cast on. I have tried airplay too, but they keep having the same issues. I have tried 3 different routers and modems. I have even changed supplier for my internet. Nothing seems to work.

I have also set all speakers on a stable router channel (channel 11) with a static IP address. I have also set all the speakers to have priority over the internet bandwidth. 

I just cannot get the speakers to work as sold. Factory resetting, switching the speakers off and on again, and rebooting the internet does nothing either.

Could someone please help me sort this issue please?

Thank you in advance for any support your give.

David

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
755 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by DavidSJones76
Did you try temporarily wired set-up? I had problems with Multiroom with my Moment which was the only device that was in Wifi mode. Despite strong wifi network I encountered fall out and sync problems. After reconnecting LAN (over powerline), all works well again. Maybe the total traffic for all devices over wifi is to heavy in your case.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

All Replies

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
174 Posts
Bronze Member

Good luck for that!

Btw Chromecast issues are solved for all now:

https://9to5google.com/2018/02/01/google-play-services-update-fixes-chromecast-google-home-wi-fi-issues/

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
911 Posts
Bronze Member
mczac:

David,

from my personal experience BeoSound 1/2 wireless speakers are very sensitive to the quality of WiFi network. More over they don't buffer enough in case of a temporary collision on wifi spectrum. They work on 2.4GHz which is highly polluted by home appliances including microwaves. Plus most consumer routers may not have MIMO multiple receivers and transmitters to handle wireless streams independently increasing overall throughput. Other issue with BO Multilink technology is that it is not a multicast and transmission to the speakers is going independently, however as a feature request in addition to multicast, each speaker could have handled internet music source independently such as TuneIN or Deezer. You can eventually optimise your wireless coverage with additional base station and selecting appropriate channels using wireless diagnostics or expensive wifi spectrum analyzers. However where it is possible I strongly recommend to replace wireless with wired network.

Anyone has insights, why B&O does not include AC and 5Ghz receivers into their BS1/2. it feels an absolute requirement for a premium wifi device. even the ATV has this.

Historically, b&o has always included very outdated wifi receivers (eg, beolit came with G standard, which even at launch was outdated for a decade).

it feels like the very wrong area to save money as it heavily impacts user experience.

hope there will be a change for future wifi devices.
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
steve1977:

Anyone has insights, why B&O does not include AC and 5Ghz receivers into their BS1/2. it feels an absolute requirement for a premium wifi device. even the ATV has this.

Historically, b&o has always included very outdated wifi receivers (eg, beolit came with G standard, which even at launch was outdated for a decade).

it feels like the very wrong area to save money as it heavily impacts user experience.

hope there will be a change for future wifi devices.

These are the specifications for the BS1/2 and other new NL wireless products.

Ethernet

10/100 Mbit

Wi-Fi

WLAN 802.11 b/g/a/n - 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

Bluetooth

4.0 (Classic and BLE)

Line-in

1 x mini-jack.

Impedance for Line-in is approx. 10 k Ohm

Mains connector

Shaver plug
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,758 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 9:42 AM

DavidSJones76:
after having to reset the router the problems all returned.

I have also set all speakers on a stable router channel (channel 11) with a static IP address.

Each time I reset mine, my wireless BS35 isn't able to find the network again. I have to unplug/plug it to main just after.

Will a static address solve this?

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

I have wired most of my speakers in to the router and this has appeared to solve the problem for now. However, I have a few speakers I cannot hardwire in such as the Beoplay M3. I can live with that, but upstairs I have an A6 and BS 1, which still do not sync and drop out. I can't hardwire either of them, because of the distance between them and the router. Would you suggest power lining them or using a wifi extender upstairs then using an ethernet to the extender plug?

@CB I found when using an old Bose system that giving the speakers a static IP address solved many issues so maybe give that a try. I have all my current B&O speakers on a static IP with as much bandwidth as possible. Hopefully with the speakers now wired instead of wireless it will solve the problems I have been having.

Thanks for all the support guys. It is much appreciated.

David

mczac
Not Ranked
49 Posts
Bronze Member
mczac replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 1:28 PM

please refrain from using wireless wifi extenders. PowerLine extenders are now capable of delivering speeds up to 1.2Gb/s.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi David

I would use powerline adaptors where necessary, they just work and your multiroom experience will be vastly improved. You just now everytime you go to use it Music will play. B&O are addressing the WiFi issue as we type.

If you need to connect your M3 you’ll need a USB-B micro to RJ45 adaptor cable and then you’ll be able to hardwire this as well.

Best wishes

Stuart
DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

OK, I will take your advice and use a power line connection. Could someone recommend a decent power line adapter? I don't really know what I am looking for. I would need two for the upstairs speakers. 

Thanks for the advice about the M3 speakers. Ill get a micro usb to RJ45 for those ones.

Thanks guys.

David

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 2:56 PM
DavidSJones76:

OK, I will take your advice and use a power line connection. Could someone recommend a decent power line adapter? I don't really know what I am looking for. I would need two for the upstairs speakers.

Thanks for the advice about the M3 speakers. Ill get a micro usb to RJ45 for those ones.

Thanks guys.

David

Recommend D-Link DHP-701AV.

I use several in my house.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've now ordered a power line system for the upstairs speakers, some more ethernet cabling, and some micro usb to rj45 cables. That way I should be able to wire all my speakers in to the network and eradicate the issues i've been having. 

Ill let you know if it works.

Thanks for all the support and advice once again

David

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 5:37 PM
Im also using my Poweplugs to stream 4K movies from my NAS to AppleTV 4K. Works super. I get around 100 mbps throughput Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

That gives me a lot of hope that the powerline will work for upstairs then.

I won't find out until tomorrow, because that's when I get my delivery. I am determined to sort this issue out. 

Thanks for the response.

Best wishes

David

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
911 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123:

These are the specifications for the BS1/2 and other new NL wireless products.

Ethernet

10/100 Mbit

Wi-Fi

WLAN 802.11 b/g/a/n - 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz

Bluetooth

4.0 (Classic and BLE)

Line-in

1 x mini-jack.

Impedance for Line-in is approx. 10 k Ohm

Mains connector

Shaver plug

That’s exactly my point. Why not even AC in a product that was just released 1-2 years ago. N standard may be ok, but ATV and other devices operate at AC for years...

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

Just an update. I have wired all my speakers now, including power lining upstairs. At the moment, they are all working as expected and desired now. So, thank you everyone that contributed, it has really helped me resolve my issues.

Take care,

David

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Feb 5 2018 5:55 AM
DavidSJones76:

Hi guys,

Just an update. I have wired all my speakers now, including power lining upstairs. At the moment, they are all working as expected and desired now. So, thank you everyone that contributed, it has really helped me resolve my issues.

Take care,

David

Good news Smile

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL