DVB Tuner

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

kentaylor
Not Ranked
53 Posts
Bronze Member
kentaylor posted on Fri, Jan 26 2018 10:44 AM

I have just bought a 7-32 mk5 and thought it was standard fitted with a DVB module and a slot for the smart card. But the slot is blank so I guess its a extra option.

I have read in the forum that the Type 4772 module is available for BeoVision 7-32 mark 5

I would like to build a module in,( to keep the sharp design), I have a few questions.

Would a module work from another Beosound 7 ?

Is there any point to a DVB-HD module or is it beter to use a external decoder?

Any advise or tips welcome.

best wishes,

Ken

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member

kentaylor:

I have just bought a 7-32 mk5 and thought it was standard fitted with a DVB module and a slot for the smart card. But the slot is blank so I guess its a extra option.

I have read in the forum that the Type 4772 module is available for BeoVision 7-32 mark 5

I would like to build a module in,( to keep the sharp design), I have a few questions.

Would a module work from another Beosound 7 ?

Is there any point to a DVB-HD module or is it beter to use a external decoder?

Any advise or tips welcome.

best wishes,

Ken

Of cource I can’t say, whether your tv is fitted with the DVB-module or not.

But a ‘blank slot’ does not mean that there is no module built in.

The slot is for the card reader, where you place the card of your choice (for pay-tv etc).

Don’t you find two seperate antenne inputs at the back?

Doesn’t the menu of the tv show you the option for viewing free-view channels (T and/or C)?

What happens when you push DTV (and Menu) on the remote?

Could you possibly post a picture of that ‘blank slot’.

If you could post the type number of the tv, I am sure someone on the forum will know the details/specs of the tv.

As for your question internal vs external DVB solution - I guess that depends on your location and the options of your tv provider.

Note! If you want to use the external solution, you (probably) would have to get the tv updated with the right PUC-codes in order to control the box via a B&O remote.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL