Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Jon posted on Wed, Jan 17 2018 10:47 AM

Hi there,

I’ve just got my new A6 but it’s currently stuck on firmware 1.3.285.180654312. The Bang & Olufsen app says the firmware is up to date, but the BeoTool app says there’s an update to 1.15.something. Any ideas how I can force an update?

I’ve plugged it in via Ethernet and left it for a while with no success, and the web interface doesn’t offer a way to check for updates. I’ve tried unticking the box for automatic updates, rebooting, and ticking it again and rebooting once more and that hasn’t worked either.

There is an option on the web interface to upload firmware files manually, so does anybody know how I can go about getting the file to do that?

Thanks!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Jon replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:43 AM
Verified by Jon

I've fixed it! It just crossed my mind that I'd enabled DNS Security (checks for DNSSEC records and drops requests that can't be verified) on my DrayTek router a couple of days ago - just disabled it and re-launched the B&O app and it found the update.

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
432 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 10:56 AM

See the discussion in this thread forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/28296.aspx?PageIndex=1

If I were you I'd wait until the new A6 firmware is out!

Top 200 Contributor
432 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 10:56 AM

See the discussion in this thread forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/28296.aspx?PageIndex=1

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Jon replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:00 AM

1990:

Haha yeah I've been looking on that - this is my second A6 (first had lots of DSP errors and reboots), but this one keeps dropping out and the B&O app keeps saying it's unreachable and the old one never had that problem so I was hoping an update would at least fix the wifi problems.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Jon replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:43 AM
Verified by Jon

I've fixed it! It just crossed my mind that I'd enabled DNS Security (checks for DNSSEC records and drops requests that can't be verified) on my DrayTek router a couple of days ago - just disabled it and re-launched the B&O app and it found the update.

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
126 Posts
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:46 AM

FYI. I'm on the latest A6 fw 1.15.17640. I have unstable WiFi only with the A6. I've stopped using it - awaiting the much talked about update.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Jon replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:56 AM

jimcaj:

FYI. I'm on the latest A6 fw 1.15.17640. I have unstable WiFi only with the A6. I've stopped using it - awaiting the much talked about update.

Oh no :( my previous one worked fine network wise (had a few drop-outs but not too many) - the biggest reason for wanting to update though instead of waiting was that I couldn't get TuneIn working on 1.3 - I tried manually logging in via the web interface and it kept saying "Login Failed" (the username + pass was right though, because I copied and pasted it from LastPass into the TuneIn website at the same time). Works fine now after the update.

Hopefully the upcoming update fixes the wifi problems we're having though! 

jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
126 Posts
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Wed, Jan 17 2018 3:33 PM
Jon:

Hopefully the upcoming update fixes the wifi problems we're having though!

Yep. I do love the sound though Smile IIRC it was with using Deezer I had the most problems. Maybe it’ll work out better for you. Good luck
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL