rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 92 Replies | 3 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
204 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Mon, Jan 15 2018 10:02 AM

Hello all

This weekend we released a new beta version of the app with native support for sound settings and alarms. Additionally the support part of the app has been revamped to provide more in context help. 

Whats new

Sounds settings (M3 and M5 not supported yet. ToneTouch in development)

• Bass and treble
  • Max volume
  • Default volume
  • Loudness

Alarms

• Creating, editing and deleting product alarms

Support

• In context help
  • Better ticket creation

Let me know what you think.

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

MelbSoundView
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Im using a high end HDMI cable that B&O recommended for 4K. What port are you using for ATV? i thought we need to use Port 1.

But the issue is that this also happened on an Eclipse in the B&O store today while i was there. that is why im worried.

Thanks

MelbSoundView
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

Im using a high end HDMI cable that B&O recommended for 4K. What port are you using for ATV? i thought we need to use Port 1.

But the issue is that this also happened on an Eclipse in the B&O store today while i was there. that is why im worried.

Thanks

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member
MelbSoundView:

Hi,

Thanks

I think i am using port 3 or 4 or 2. Foxtel is in 1 or perhaps my Xbox is. Anyway the Apple TV is definitely not in 1.

With the update of the Avant the majority of them are HDMI 2.0 and will play 4K

Have you tried on the Apple TV changing the settings to either 60hertz or 50 hertz - i read in this forum there was an issue with Apple TV (not solely relating to B&O) whereby if you change the display settings in the Apple TV that , that helps.

I believe the cable that comes with the ATV4K is suitable.
MelbSoundView
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

ill just changed to 50 hertz. interesting.

Im using same ports for functions as you.

Ill see what happens.

Thanks

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,338 Posts
Bronze Member
MelbSoundView:

Ill see what happens.

Thanks

I do note however that in my front room i just bought a Sony OLED TV and i plugged the 4K ATV in to it and it said it reverted to SDR instead of HDR because of some setting - I didn’t use the HDMI cable with that came with it. So i must try that to see if that was the issue , that’s why i thought I’d ask you about your cable.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,319 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jan 21 2018 8:11 AM
MelbSoundView:

Ill see what happens.

Thanks

Maybe you can start a new thread with your problem. Has nothing to do with the Bang & Olufsen app.

Edit; noticed you did.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

MelbSoundView
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi 

It does have to do with B&O app becuase ive seen it occur on both the Avant and Eclipse.

Im worried that  there is a major software issue in both these TV's related to the 4K

Thanks

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,514 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Jan 21 2018 12:39 PM

@MrAndreson:

I would like to suggest the addition of a "restart" under the production configuration in order to do a power cycle of products. This is particularly an issue with the BeoSound 1. It often loses the bluetooth connection with the Essence remote and requires a restart. However, since the BeoSound 1 has a battery, it's not as simple as just unplugging and reinserting the power cord. One must lift up the BeoSound 1 and try to see which physical button is the restart -- which is not easy to see.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,319 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jan 21 2018 3:13 PM
MelbSoundView:

Hi

It does have to do with B&O app becuase ive seen it occur on both the Avant and Eclipse.

Im worried that there is a major software issue in both these TV's related to the 4K

Thanks

I still do not see the connection to the B&O app. You mention worries that there are software issues in Avant and Eclipse. Again, that has nothing to do with the app on iPhone and / Android.

Can you explain more how the app would be involved?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

MelbSoundView
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

oh sorry  - i was not meaning the APP - its the TV. nothing to do with App.

Thanks

ibg001
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Fri, Jan 26 2018 4:38 PM

Basic functions for controlling TV would be nice.

Better NL/ML converter functionality. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,319 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 26 2018 6:09 PM
ibg001:

Basic functions for controlling TV would be nice.

The current beta version include that, at least for the BV11 I have. Can change source, channel and volume.

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
701 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001:

Yes, this is a major shortcoming and the area where the b&o app has not caught up with the “old” beomusic app yet. i have two ml/nl converter and my primary reason to buy them was to use the app. still works with old beomusic, but not with b&o app.

the feature i’m looking for is to play music directly to the ml/nl (connected to BV with BL). this worked with beomusic. also to “join” (though this doesn’t work with beomusic either).

with airplay 2 coming, i may just switch to this though and would try to sell the ml/nl.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
MBee just posted this in an older B&O App thread .....

Ok, so here is my latest bug report :

- Essence remote becomes again unstable on an Essence MKII under 1.15.17881 firmware, I have to delete it and reboot the Essence to be able to pair it again.

- Radio is becoming unusable : some radios like french RFM station are just unavailable (it jumps from it to the next one when trying to select it), while it's completely available on the TuneIn app. Strange behavior. Add to this that from time to time by just clicking left or right on the Essence remote, the station jumps to a completely different list of radio stations (going to "local stations" from "favorites" for instance seems to be the usual behavior).

I'm quite fed up trying to just use normally the products I paid for... I was hoping that the good feedback from the dev team will solve the basic issue soon and add some usability, but we're seeing less and less updates, less and less new features recently... It seems that the dev team is as frustrated as us...

I hope to get my stuff working correctly soon, wishing all the best to the dev team, but I fear that B&O is just losing ground more and more in this technological battle.

diisign.com

BeoNut since '75

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,687 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Feb 6 2018 6:57 AM

Thank you very much Elephant, I thought I found the right thread... 

Page 4 of 7 (93 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL