Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

B&O 5500 cd player issue

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Adam
Not Ranked
Long Island NY
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Adam posted on Sun, Jan 14 2018 4:54 PM

I just bought a used 5500 system (receiver, cd, turntable, tape deck, remote) and love it ... but, i have an odd problem i'm hoping someone can help with...

When i insert a cd and it starts to play, it makes this high pitched noise for a few minutes and then goes away, i've tried multiple cd's and it still happens. It only seems to happen when i start playing it - if i skip to a track like #5 or #6 it doesn't seem to happen. 

I would think if its the din cable it would be continuous noise, but i dont really know

Thanks for your help!!

All Replies

Adam
Not Ranked
Long Island NY
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Adam replied on Mon, Jan 29 2018 2:39 PM

Bump... just trying again to see if anyone has had a similar issue or has any advice on this issue.

Thanks!

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,416 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jan 29 2018 2:56 PM

Is the noise coming from the player physically, or from the speakers?

martin

Adam
Not Ranked
Long Island NY
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Adam replied on Sat, Feb 3 2018 5:26 PM

Definitely coming from the unit, i can hear it loud and clear once the cd is inserted and it starts to spin, as long as its spinning it makes this high pitched constant sound.  Thanks so much for your help w/this, i'm really hoping its not a serious issue...

Adam
Not Ranked
Long Island NY
25 Posts
Bronze Member
Adam replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 5:40 PM

Bump... just trying again to see if anyone has had a similar issue or has any advice on this issue.

Thanks!

Beocd
Not Ranked
France
13 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Not Verified) Beocd replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 8:23 PM
Suggested by Beocd

Could it be that the cd is not really floating, but slightly scraping against a surface ? Open the cabinet and push slightly against housing while cd spinning to see if it goes away or not. If yes, then you will need to re-adjust the clearance. If you have to go up, it will depend if the rubber bushings are still capable.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
477 Posts
Gold Member

This seems to be the laser focusing,and there is instability in the servo's until the supplies have stabilised?

These fine machines usually benefit from a "re-cap"ie,replacing all the "usually suspect "capacitors where necessary.

Also the deck in this machine is mounted on rubber supports which can collapse with age,making the disc rub on the tray,but this would be present all through the disc I imagine.

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL