rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 3 Followers

LasseM
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
LasseM posted on Fri, Jan 5 2018 12:24 PM

Hi everyone. 

I was fortunate enough to get a pair of H9s for Christmas and the experience thus far has been great. 

Yesterday, however, I was unable to turn on bluetooth mode. The headphones work perfectly when wired, but when they are not, I simply cannot make Bluetooth mode turn on. I have tried to make a factory reset which is also not possible, which makes me fear that the switch has somehow become defect. This is not a problem for turning them on, but when I push the switch all the way up to initiate Bluetooth nothing happens! 

As said, Bluetooth has been working fine until now, and I have had the earphones connected to both my computer and my iPhone. I have tried to remove the H9 device from my Bluetooth devices on both mobile and Mac, but to no avail. 

Has anyone else has this kind of issue with Bluetooth simply not wanting to turn on? And also with the issue of factory reset not being possible? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lasse 

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
749 Posts
Gold Member
Is the battery in the proper position and charged?
LasseM
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
LasseM replied on Fri, Jan 5 2018 11:29 PM

Yes. I have tried to fully charge the battery and also to take it out and reinsert it. Actually I have done so several times. I have also tried to turen them on and off continuously to see if that could fix the issue, but it seems that no matter what I do, Bluetooth will not turn on. This is clear because the headphones say No Sound and also do not light the dark blue color it should when Bluetooth is activated. 

Any other suggestions?

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
749 Posts
Gold Member
Return via Beoplay. Pretty painless process with quick turn around.
Henry438
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Lasse

I think I have the same problem as you. When I'm trying to turn bluetooth on, it keeps showing me a pale blue light but not the dark blue I need to pair my headphone to my device. It's only after playing with the bluetooth button for minutes that the dark blue light appears. It's a real bummer. Like you, I can't do a factory reset. Each time I open my headphone, there's only the pale blue light that opens.

And I don't have the « proof of purchase or copy hereof consisting of original invoice or sales slip indicating the date of purchase » that bang and Olufsen ask to have the warranty applied to my headphones!!!!!!!!!! I don't what I have like options left to make them work normally again.

What do you suggest me to do?

Nicolas

Knuffe
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Knuffe replied on Thu, Mar 28 2019 9:37 AM

Hi Henry438,

I have the same problem as you. Bought my H9 from ebay and do not have the original reciept.

Feels weird to have a bricked pair of high-end headphones just lying around. Any news how to fix them? 

Or how to get them repaired?

Best Regards!

tomchr74
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I have this issue also. Anyone with a fix for it?

Samlr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Samlr replied on Fri, Nov 29 2019 9:17 AM

I too have the exact same issue now with my H9s reset won’t work - Bluetooth not working.  Sad sad ☹️ 

Samlr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Samlr replied on Fri, Nov 29 2019 9:17 AM

I too have the exact same issue now with my H9s reset won’t work - Bluetooth not working.  Sad sad ☹️ 

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
97 Posts
Gold Member
Yep. H7s in my case. Bluetooth stopped working about 6 months ago. Can’t update firmware. Like the sound, don’t like the (now mandatory) cable.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL