Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

A1 echo with mic / Sound Setup on Mac

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Dartmoorwal
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Dartmoorwal posted on Wed, Dec 27 2017 9:27 AM

Anyone else having trouble setting the A1 to work with a MacBook or PC when using it as a microphone and speaker for telephone calls or FaceTime / Skype?

I can set the audio to come out of the A1 and it seems the mic works, of a fashion, but the person at the other end says they can hear themselves echoing.

I have the A1 connected to the USB port.

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,562 Posts
Gold Member
Dartmoorwal:

Anyone else having trouble setting the A1 to work with a MacBook or PC when using it as a microphone and speaker for telephone calls or FaceTime / Skype?

I can set the audio to come out of the A1 and it seems the mic works, of a fashion, but the person at the other end says they can hear themselves echoing.

I haven’t tried but I will check and see
Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
308 Posts
Bronze Member
Yendys replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 10:59 AM
My A1 works well on WhatsApp and messenger calls. It has the latest version installed

Dartmoorwal
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Yendys.  Is the A1 connected via USB?  Have you changed settings in "Sound" options on your mac/Pc? If yes, what are Output and Input settings?

Many thanks

gallager
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Dartmoorwal:

Something similar happened to me. Have you found a solution to your problem?

Barnett
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Yendys:
My A1 works well on WhatsApp and messenger calls. It has the latest version installed

It worked fine for me too until I updated my version of the Messenger's Apps.

gbhouse
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
gbhouse replied on Wed, Dec 16 2020 10:23 AM

It works well. Thank you buddy for sharing this.

Dartmoorwal
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

No solution, but seems no longer happening.  Sorry nothing scientific!

riyasen
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I was facing same kinda issue with my Macbook pro 2020, i searched a lot on the Internet then finally fixed it after updating the mac.

Technologywell
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

But it is working well for me for one years...

I was facing same kinda issue with my Macbook pro 2020, i searched a lot on the Internet then finally fixed it after updating the mac.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
632 Posts
Founder
Have been connecting the A1 though USB to iMac/Macbook Pro/Lenovo portable all without problems. On Windows you have to select the “BeoPlay A1 handsfree” in order to have the microphone working.

Karel.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL