rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
85 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop posted on Sun, Dec 3 2017 2:31 PM

Hello everyone

I would like to start a thread for the inclusion of the coming Apple HomePod(HP) together with our Bang & Olufsen setups. 

I was hoping that this thread would be the go to place for questions about conectivity and setups for a future combination of the two systems.

Anyone has got any info so far?

Personally I would like to be able to connect the HomePod to my BS Core and some Beoplay speakers.

Assuming not all functions in the HP will work when/if connected, but it would be great to at least be able to use some basic functions like ”Hey Siri start Tunein, ”Hey Siri start last played source”, ”Hey Siri start play music on Bedroom Core”, ”Hey Siri change from bedroom playback to the entire house”, ”Hey Siri change music from bedroom to Kitchen M5”, ”Hey Siri start Netflix on Bedroom TV”, etc etc etc  

Any opinions and/or expectations?     

Please do share 👍🏻

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
7,826 Posts
Founder
I think it’s a great suggestion.

The moderators probably need to rule where it is housed.

There is a technical section where PC and MAC integration have separate threads.

There is also a generic integration thread there.

However I favour a specific titled thread - rather than “voice integration” or just plain old integration.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
7,826 Posts
Founder
The fora area I was thinking of ...

BeoNut since '75

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
85 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:28 AM

Hello Elephant

I see your point regarding where to place the thread. But I think the thread has potential to cover so many aspects when all this with HP gets going, that a general dicussion could be the cortect place. Personally I dont really go to these specific PC/Mac areas because it just feels so ”technical”. 

Also this is more specific about the integration of just the Apple HP, which I feel deserved a place a tad mor general so to say. 

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
85 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:28 AM

Hello Elephant

I see your point regarding where to place the thread. But I think the thread has potential to cover so many aspects when all this with HP gets going, that a general dicussion could be the cortect place. Personally I dont really go to these specific PC/Mac areas because it just feels so ”technical”. 

Also this is more specific about the integration of just the Apple HP, which I feel deserved a place a tad mor general so to say. 

stephaneLee
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

If you get your own HomePod, you may have some questions about how to setup hompode: https://www.howtoisolve.com/set-up-homepod/

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,500 Posts
Bronze Member

@Dantop

I wonder what kind of ‘integration’, you are aiming at?

You can not get sound out of the HPod (it has its own speakers etc).

And you can not route any Siri command directly to the B&O gear.

What you can do - when it will be released - is to play to the HPod via AirPlay2 and to all other devices with support for AirPlay2.....and probably group these.

I find it unlikely, that you will be able to ‘voice command’ an AirPlay2 stream to any non Apple device.

But we will se, when Apple feels like giving AirPlay2 a go....later this year.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
7,826 Posts
Founder
Hi MM

You will be pleased to know(and I know I am stating the obvious and that you know this technically) that I Airplayed from my MacMini to the HomePod.

For me the “integration” can be at that simple level.

In fact as part of my HomePod comparison testing I have got the following running ...

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL