rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Llewelyn Guildford posted on Thu, Nov 30 2017 7:45 PM

Hi all

I've got a bv10-46 which I'd quite like to mount on the wall using a right hand hinged bracket. I seem to have the mounts on the rear of the tv (behind two small square plastic covers), however I can't find any reference to such a thing existing on the internet. The only brackets I can find are Gavin's close and pull/rotate.

A couple of questions:

Does such a thing exist?

Does the 11-16 equivalent bracket fit?

Where can I buy one from?

Any advice appreciated :)

L.

All Replies

trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
332 Posts
Bronze Member

B&O wall bracket model # 4690.  (Model #4667 should be for the BV10-40, but you want to double-check when ordering.  I *think* the BV11 bracket does *not* fit but I have never tried it.)

One hint when screwing down the bracket: level it tilted up by slightly under 1 degree, because the hinges and the TV mounting points, though they are very sturdy, still have a tiny bit of play in them -- and you don't want your TV to appear to be sagging!

Another hint: 2 people is absolutely necessary, but may not be sufficient, to hoist the TV up onto the bracket.  The 2 pegs on the bracket are chamfered so they fit thru the keyhole slots in the hinges, but it's still a fiddly fit to move the holes close enough, yet not nudge the hinges, because you bump into the pegs if you aren't perfect.  And nobody's perfect with a TV that heavy.  What happens is that the hinges can go flat, or even a bit beyond, into the little pockets on the back of the TV.  And once that happens, or they aren't angled the same as each other, you can't get them onto the bracket.  That's what the third person is for.  Or maybe you can do it with some styrofoam wedges to keep the hinges from hingeing, but we two people didn't have much luck with that.  We just kept at it, 8 tries in all, until we had perfectly level and plumb aim. 

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Awesome, thank you very much for the info!

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,128 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Nov 30 2017 10:55 PM

I may have one!  Would you like me to check?

Lee

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Please do :)

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,128 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Nov 30 2017 11:05 PM

No worries - I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you Smile

Lee

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks, just let me know and I'll buy it if so :-)

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
374 Posts
Bronze Member

If Lee doesnt, let me know i think i have one

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Any luck Lee?

If not, I'm happy to take yours Rob :) 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,128 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:52 PM

Just checked now. It’s a 10-40 hinged I’ve got, and an STB fixed close for the 10/40 or 46. Sorry. 🙁

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

No worries! Is it definitely a different size for the 40"? There seems to be some confusion about it...

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
374 Posts
Bronze Member

10-40 wall mount will not ft 10-46 I can 100% confirm

floor stand will fit both sizes

Llewelyn Guildford
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok cool, did you say you have a 46" w/b for sale? Can you pm me with a price and details please?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL