Quick question RX2 vs 1700..which is "better"

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

starkiller
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Bronze Member
starkiller posted on Tue, Nov 28 2017 8:18 PM

So have a chance to get a 1700 with an "excellent"  MMC20EN..currently have a RX2 with MMC3 with an intermittent hum...which is the "better" table?

thanks!

All Replies

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
655 Posts
Gold Member
They are both excellent turntables with very little to choose between them from a performance angle. The cartridges are also very similar and occupy the same place in their respective ranges.

I loved my 1700, which is a very robust design and which performed faultlessly as did the turntable section of my Beocenter 7007 which had the same arm and cartridge as the RX2. I'd be happy with either.

All things being equal I don't think one is 'better' than the other. In the end it might just come down to aesthetics and to whether or not you can resolve the intermittent problem with your RX2.

Cleve

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,371 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Nov 28 2017 9:59 PM

I'd say the one that's not humming is the better table! But that will be the deciding factor as Cleviebabie says, both are excellent.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
797 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi - have you checked the cartridge for hum?

I have a 6002 that suddenly developed a loud humm - as if it wasn't grounded - this was after I moved it and got bumped - I looked inside it but everything looks ok so am assuming it's the cartridge.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL