Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz posted on Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:14 AM

Hello all.

I wonder if any of you can help.

I have recently installed the  Beolab Transmitter 1 and it seems to interfere with my Sly Q Wifi connection.

The problem is the sky Q loses wifi connection while the T1 is plugged in.

I have tried setting up the sky Q box to run in 2.4 GHz to no avail. Running an ethernet cable to the sky Q is not posible as the router is too far away.

So far every thing I’ve tried has failed and The only solution is to unplug the T1.

Any ideas as to how to solve this issue?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Igadiz
My last post was not online. Maybe the ios app did not work?

Try to set a fixed channel on the router for your wifi network. You might need to test some...

Rslf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Go for Powerlan (devolo).

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 10:50 PM

Hi, and thank you for coming forwards with a solution.

I would rather not go the devolo route, it will defeat the whole wireless home idea. 

Also, running a Sky Q and mini-boxes on ethernet cables brings a huge set of problems to the table.

Surely, The T1 should work without interfering with other wifi equipment. 

Any ideas as to how to fix this so everything runs as it should?

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Mon, Nov 13 2017 10:50 PM

Hi, and thank you for coming forwards with a solution.

I would rather not go the devolo route, it will defeat the whole wireless home idea. 

Also, running a Sky Q and mini-boxes on ethernet cables brings a huge set of problems to the table.

Surely, The T1 should work without interfering with other wifi equipment. 

Any ideas as to how to fix this so everything runs as it should?

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,452 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Igadiz
My last post was not online. Maybe the ios app did not work?

Try to set a fixed channel on the router for your wifi network. You might need to test some...

Rslf

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,005 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello

I have SkyQ and this post has interested me now.

I understand why only really support over WIFI and against all of my networking education their ethernet is apparently worse than WIFI for connectivity between boxes.

I have disabled 5Ghz Wifi at home as it was causing more issues for my iPhone jumping between the two.

Is the problem with SKY when it connects to the 5Ghz network for internet or the invisible mesh the Q boxes use to talk to each other.

If its the internet then disabling 5Ghz on your router should fix this then its only really the Receiver 1 that is using that frequency.

Just a thought.

I would love a few receiver 1's when I can get some used and not as expensive as they are and until then I cannot test.

Sean

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Sadly Sky Q’s 5ghz mesh completely wipes out anything else on that frequency. Do you have Sky broadband?
Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,005 Posts
Bronze Member
No I have virgin and have disabled 5Ghz on my router so SkyQ connects via the normal 2.6Ghz but I am not sure if the boxes use their own mesh still or use my existing WiFi

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 4:19 PM

Thank you all for he kind responses. 

‘My dealer says the T1 maybe faulty and has ordered a new one for me. 

I shall keep you all posted. 

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 4:29 PM

I had The Q and 2 mini boxes for well over a year now. And it has never interfered with any of my connected devices  

My network runs Virging @ 300mbs vía linksys EA9500 on dual frequencies. last christmas we had 30 devices connected to the 5Ghz band with no problems at all. 

My suspicion is that this wisa malarkey has not been tested properly but, the dealer insists my T1 is faulty  A new T1 is coming and we will have the answer. 

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,005 Posts
Bronze Member
Let me know how you get on please keen to know if I can use these for rear speakers over cables.

Fingers crossed a resolution works for you.

Sean

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 5:01 PM

Will do.

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 5:49 PM

So,  just to experiment, I have followed Kallars advise and, I am now running the 2.4Ghz band in manual channel selection. 

With regards to the Sky Q setup selecting Channel 13 for the 2.4Ghz band seemed to had done the trick but, the T1 also interferes with my linksys RE 7000 extender (which my son uses in his den to connect varios gaming devices) He complains of random drop connections and severe gaming lag since the T1 was powered on.

Seems like the never ending story with this device.

To be honest, I am quite disappointed with this particular product, on top of all the other issues,  the wireless sound is not where near as good as wired (it is supposed to be immaculate wireless sound).

Still, the product works (it sends wireless signals to the speakers) so, I am of the opinion there is nothing wrong with my T1 and, I suspect, this is a case of bad product compatibility testing and development from B&O. 

I am not a beta tester and, I should not have to go into the deep settings and hidden setup menus of other devices to make it all work. I expect high-end expensive products to play nice with my other devices.

I hope the dealer is right and this is all due to  a faulty T1. We shall see how the replacement performs.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz:

So, just to experiment, I have followed Kallars advise and, I am now running the 2.4Ghz band in manual channel selection.

With regards to the Sky Q setup selecting Channel 13 for the 2.4Ghz band seemed to had done the trick but, the T1 also interferes with my linksys RE 7000 extender (which my son uses in his den to connect varios gaming devices) He complains of random drop connections and severe gaming lag since the T1 was powered on.

Seems like the never ending story with this device.

To be honest, I am quite disappointed with this particular product, on top of all the other issues, the wireless sound is not where near as good as wired (it is supposed to be immaculate wireless sound).

Still, the product works (it sends wireless signals to the speakers) so, I am of the opinion there is nothing wrong with my T1 and, I suspect, this is a case of bad product compatibility testing and development from B&O.

I am not a beta tester and, I should not have to go into the deep settings and hidden setup menus of other devices to make it all work. I expect high-end expensive products to play nice with my other devices.

I hope the dealer is right and this is all due to a faulty T1. We shall see how the replacement performs.

It’s well known that Sky Q flood the 5ghz band to able to broadcast wirelessly, they need all the bandwidth to do so and simply don’t care what else is in the home. Try to minimise the amount of wireless products you have and just have mobile devices connected wirelessly. The Sky Q boxes also have an inbuilt powerline which you need to enable via the Sky service menu.

SkyQ Mini blocking WPL!!

Warning! If the customer is using the small SkyQ mini wirelessly, it will block the entire 5 GHz band, causing very unstable or no WPL operation at all.

The solution is to:

Use a LAN connection for the SkyQ Mini box, i.e. not Wi-Fi

Do not use WPL for the B&O speakers

Remember that this will influence the entire 5 GHz Wi-Fi band and may cause other problems with e.g. Multiroom, so we recommend a cabled LAN solution for the SkyQ Mini box.

Igadiz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Igadiz replied on Wed, Nov 15 2017 6:27 PM

I respectfully disagree.

I had the sky Q system for a long time and like I said in a previous post, It has never interfered with any of my devices. Last Christmas we had about 30 different devices connected to my router on the 5Ghz band with no problems at all. And at any given time, some17 devices are connnected. Granted, I have a very powerful router but, and still.... No interference from the Sky system at all. (Or for that matter, any other wireless devices I own)

Running the Q and mini boxes via LAN is not an option. Sky Q and mini boxes don’t like being hard wired. I tried a LAN setup when I first installed the Q system to improve 4K movies download speed and, that brought  it’s own set of headaches. In fact, I never managed to make it work.

The interferences started when I plugged in the T1 and, if my T1 turns out to be fine, This will be a case of bad R&D from B&O for this particular product. 

B&O (and the whole WISA consortium) shoud made sure of product compatibility with other wireless devices using the 5Ghz band. Specially something as popular as Sky. Millions of households have sky (and not just in the UK).

Otherwise, what will be the point of having wireless speakers when I need to hard wire everything else?

My Bose and Technics Hi-Fi wireless adaptor use my router to connect and they work fine.

If the solution is to run cables to the speakers, or my other devices, then the T1 is not working as it shoud.

Like I said, this is a high-end expensive device, I expect it to work as intended. 

I shall update you guys when the replacement unit arrives.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL