rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member
daneshpastry posted on Thu, Nov 9 2017 4:51 PM

So I've been having this issue for quite some time. I use my M5 as a computer speaker using the 3.5mm input. However, I cannot stream to the device using Google Cast if the cable is plugged in.

I've tried using an analog cable vs. an optical cable; i've tried manually switching the input using the Beoplay and B&O apps; and I've confirmed that the service does indeed work when no cable is plugged in.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or assistance?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by daneshpastry

Answering my own question, just in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I received an email from B&O, basically stating that there cannot be an cable connected to the 3.5mm audio input in order for Google Cast functions to work.

This seems like a glaring oversight on their party, alas, I'm outside my return window.

All Replies

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by daneshpastry

Answering my own question, just in case anyone else runs into this issue.

I received an email from B&O, basically stating that there cannot be an cable connected to the 3.5mm audio input in order for Google Cast functions to work.

This seems like a glaring oversight on their party, alas, I'm outside my return window.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Seems reasonably consistent of the Beoplay speaker range  - each has a list of what look like useful features, dig a little deeper and invariably there'll be something that's means it doesn't do or work quite like you'd like, some to the point that it ends up unused.

Mine was an S3 where the line in connection has a huge, I would say unnatural, bass boost, that can't be turned off, - the DSP only effects the Bluetooth digital stream, rendering the speaker useless in my home.

Ban boring signatures!

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member

It's very upsetting at this price point that you can't use an advertised function. Boo!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL